disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Well, non the less, even when he does lurk around, he should at least say "hey guy, still working on it. have a cup of coffee and relax a bit."
That would be totally enough. But he doesn't. and baka, i dont't really get why you are protecting this behaviour so much.
I'm with baka.

Every developer has their own process. And maybe Paperwork doesn't like getting out of his creative zone to make posts. For some people, even the shortest little message is painful to write. Another dev that I follow has a similar process to Paperwork's, in the sense that he goes radio silent until the release is done. And people get all pissy and impatient and doubtful with him too. It's just how they are.

I work with yet another dev that is always hard at work, but he has specifically told me that he feels he's creating false expectations or disappointing people if he makes a post with nothing of substance in it. So even though it hurts him in patrons, he just can't bring himself to make a post without something to announce or deliver.

I don't understand how people feel that being negative or criticizing Paperwork will make him work faster. Let him be him, and strengthen him with words of motivation and support, and encourage him with expressions of interest and anticipation for his next release.

Reactions: ahhnoldfan

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
do u realize this is a pirate site? PW dont need to do shit. this is not his official site, he can chose to post or not.
if you want to affect PW, join his patron and contact him that way.
also, Im posting what I have learned so far, PW wrote in the past that he is like this when he works, a behavior he's aware of.

for a pirate, the most important thing is to get free stuff. to complain is contra-productive.
for a dev that works hours to make a game, a pirate is most of the time bad. a pirate that complains all the time, not just once to share his thoughts, but over and over again, complains and demands stuff, is not helping at all.
a good pirate should try to be understanding as much possible, and if that pirate enjoy the game, he should do whatever he can to make the dev feel good. sure, critical feedback is good, but this complaining and demanding is just bad.

Im always on the "devs" side, if I like a dev, I trust him as much possible.
So far PW has delivered a lot of contents each update, so, if he is really slacking or not working on the game, its the first time.
give him the benefit of the doubt.

FightmeLaiLai

Aug 2, 2019
Do you realise I already state on original post that the posting be it on patreon or F95?

" We (or rather the patreons since I am not) just like some form of news or chit chat from paperwork. Be it on Patreon or F95, i am sure the community would appreciate some engagement. "

Clearly you have had enough of me to not bother reading since I am not a patreon and its a pirate site where we cant discuss about ' shit '. That we the fucking pirates are not allowed to give feedback and we should just suck it up with our ass.

I am also posting of what I have learned so far, PW is aware he has this habit but he has also stated he will try to get better at communicating with his patreons, providing mini updates or not. Since he is unable to deliver what he is trying to do, he should communicate again on his limits coz clearly it is not working as intended

Also I stress again, no 1 is doubting his work. Some ppl (yea not me but other patreons who support) really like to some update news once in a while. Hell it need not even be work related, just some engagement to keep the fire going . But no, that is really really so hard to ask .

It is clearly a mountain of a task to type a sentence of words.

A good pirate only gives good feedback

A bad pirate only gives bad feedback

A excellent pirate gives BOTH good and bad feedback

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm with baka.

Every developer has their own process. And maybe Paperwork doesn't like getting out of his creative zone to make posts. For some people, even the shortest little message is painful to write. Another dev that I follow has a similar process to Paperwork's, in the sense that he goes radio silent until the release is done. And people get all pissy and impatient and doubtful with him too. It's just how they are.

I work with yet another dev that is always hard at work, but he has specifically told me that he feels he's creating false expectations or disappointing people if he makes a post with nothing of substance in it. So even though it hurts him in patrons, he just can't bring himself to make a post without something to announce or deliver.

I don't understand how people feel that being negative or criticizing Paperwork will make him work faster. Let him be him, and strengthen him with words of motivation and support, and encourage him with expressions of interest and anticipation for his next release.
Aeh sorry. Some people act here like it is an unbelievable hard, energy costing, unhumanly effort to write one or two sentences a week! I mean, wtf?! I hope he has all the mental and physical health to take a shit, sleep, go to work, chew his meals, taking a shower! Because those actions are nearly impossible to do while doing development on a game ... not to speak to throw the dudes supporting him a message every one or two weeks.
But this discussion leads nowhere. It has been discussed more than one time already, and it is like it is.

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Aeh sorry. Some people act here like it is an unbelievable hard, energy costing, unhumanly effort to write one or two sentences a week! ... not to speak to throw the dudes supporting him a message every one or two weeks.
It really isn't that hard. Know what though? People still don't like doing it.

When I'm working hard on a problem and people are hounding me for an update, I find it even *harder* to come up with something to say that's not as banal as "I'm still working on it." People should know I'm working on it (because the problem isn't fixed yet) and a message from me saying "I'm working on it" doesn't give them any more information than they had before, and it breaks my concentration.

Now, your post did make me consider that maybe what we're after isn't so much a progress report or new information, but rather a little bit of interaction. A little bit of engagement with his community. A simple, "Hi, how y'all doing?" kind of thing.

I can get behind that. I've been sending little notes out to people on the regular during this lockdown, because it lets people know I'm OK, but also gives them a little bit of human contact that self-isolators and the shelter-at-homers aren't getting. So maybe a quick little note from him would soothe our collective social need.

On the other hand, we know he's about because he was lurking three days ago... Maybe he did that intentionally so that we know he isn't dead yet?

But this discussion leads nowhere. It has been discussed more than one time already, and it is like it is.
^ That. Haters gonna hate. Cheerleaders gonna cheer.

Paperwork has his process and he does it like he does it.

Reactions: ahhnoldfan

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
It really isn't that hard. Know what though? People still don't like doing it.

When I'm working hard on a problem and people are hounding me for an update, I find it even *harder* to come up with something to say that's not as banal as "I'm still working on it." People should know I'm working on it (because the problem isn't fixed yet) and a message from me saying "I'm working on it" doesn't give them any more information than they had before, and it breaks my concentration.
I don't know about you but "I'm working on it" gives information by invalidating speculation (i.e. "I'm working on it" is, at the same time, "I haven't gotten ill/busy to the point that I am not working on it" + "the game has not been stealthily canceled" + "I am still alive and able to be reached", etc.)

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
SO,
Do we know yet why the game is called Project Sage?

The only hint I've seen thus far is Stephen's father and his internal thoughts about what the MC's father was 'working on' before he died.
My suspicion is some kind of CRISPR/Genetic editing type thing to make the perfect physiological specimen of man (woman) and the MC was his off-the-books result.

Anyone else have a theory? Or maybe someone actually knows...

claymorez

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
SO,
Do we know yet why the game is called Project Sage?

The only hint I've seen thus far is Stephen's father and his internal thoughts about what the MC's father was 'working on' before he died.
My suspicion is some kind of CRISPR/Genetic editing type thing to make the perfect physiological specimen of man (woman) and the MC was his off-the-books result.

Anyone else have a theory? Or maybe someone actually knows...
maybe at the start was only like "test1" or "test2" and PW never changed it :p:p:p:p:p:p.

GitinGud

Jul 21, 2017
Hey, i've been trying for a while to get the path where Simon is dominant but to no avail; if someone could share a save at the beginning of it, or explain to me in details how to make it proc that would be much appreciated, cause i tried the explanation on patreon page but it is too vague, at least for me...

Myster_E

Jan 22, 2019
Hey, i've been trying for a while to get the path where Simon is dominant but to no avail; if someone could share a save at the beginning of it, or explain to me in details how to make it proc that would be much appreciated, cause i tried the explanation on patreon page but it is too vague, at least for me...
On the front page, check the developers guide. It gives you a pretty good direction. I think you basically need to be on the principal training paths which leads to dominate simon

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
if so, someone is using his login here in f95, as last time he visited was yesterday.
Paperwork is lurking, for some unknown reason he is not posting anything. We can only speculate and in the end quite uninteresting since we would only guess. I just hope he's soon ready for an update, at least before end of April, that is enough time for an update considering how he did in the past.

Last edited:

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
im kinda replaying the game right now cuz im terribly missing amy,hoping a short message coming from paperwork,and the real question now is
"who's gonna fuck amy's ass next? "
(hope no more teasing) lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Deniz31

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
looking back:
04-13 - +58 days so far
02-15 - 0.19d +13
02-02 - 0.19c +91
11-01 - 0.18c +65
08-26 - 0.17c +52
07-04 - 0.16b +48
05-16 - 0.15b +40
04-06 - 0.14c +57
02-09 - 0.13b +54
12-15 - 0.12b

it all depends on the size of the update. so its hard to predict anything with those numbers.
but if it takes as much time as 0.19 theres 46 days left.

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes