riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Patreon is not a donation platform, it's a transaction platform where you pay the product creator for producing a certain product, while in return the producer promised you a bargaining and influence during the production process depend on how much you willing to pay per month (as oppose to receiving immediate product).

If these promises are not met that's by definition a bad practice. And a Patreon customer actually can end up paying a lot more than buying a ready-made product, so the good will here is not from the producer but from the customer.

I really amazed how people cannot see something as clear as this.
"Patreon is not a donation platform"... dude - that's EXACTLY what it is!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It might be worth reading the Patreon "about" page (below) to see what's going on...

You are totally correct about the 'bad practice' part though - but all the Patron can do is stop supporting the artist and cancel their payment. I've done that on heaps of occasions.

Peace out!!

BlowUp

Jan 28, 2018
Maybe someone know what is going on with this update?At patreon he's not showing,here are silent even if online...

BlowUp

Jan 28, 2018
He's keep logged here,but don't give any information, can't understand...even on patreon for people that give him money...strange

BUsybat

Mar 4, 2018
I get why some ppl or patreons feel sad / neglected / ignored / especially if they feel they have a personal friendship with PW from previous messages or patreon support. So it is understandable for the recent negative vibe around here.

Best advice I can give is not to set any expectations especially when PW is being quiet. If he releases the update/provides news, great. If not, just move on. I am sure everyone has tons of other things they can occupy themselves with.

Also if patreons belief in his work, continue to do so by pledging.
If patreon can no longer believe due to silence, stop pledging or reduce yr pledge level for now.
If you feel like supporting again in a few months again, do it.

It is not healthy by being this emotionally attached especially when you are just negatively commenting against a brick wall. Just be patient and see what may happen next month.

All shall be revealed in time. Stay safe all.

Last edited:

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
Patreon is definitely not a storefront, you're not buying a product.

The site serves to give people a pipeline through which to provide financial support to a content creator as they go about making their content.

The responsibility of informed patronage should fall evenly between the Creator and the Patron - the Creator should be upfront about the type, volume and quality of content they intend to produce, and the Patron should be doing their homework into the authenticity of what the Creator claims to offer.

Paperwork's Patreon page states that he is developing Project Sage, offers information about the subject matter, plans and tone of the game and its protagonist. In exchange for patronage, potential supporters are offered early access to game updates and previews of new content.
His Patreon page doesn't state that he is sporadic with status updates or that he frequently goes quiet because that would probably discourage new supporters, but it is pretty consistent behavior if you look at his previous development cycles.

I was a Patron of Paperwork's from shortly before the release of v0.15 through until right after the release of v0.17 - so three updates across about 7 months.
I ended my patronage because I wasn't happy with exactly this lack of communication. What I didn't do was drop a bunch of nasty complaints and accusations in his comments section on Patreon, or here for that matter.

However, I still like the game; I'm still impressed by his writing, by the size and variety of updates and by his ability to twist the honey-select engine into a versatile rendering engine.
In a way I'm even impressed by how he deals with complaints about his process, always the same response "Yeah, I tend to go radio-silent when I'm really working hard on the next update" - because it's a simple and polite way of saying 'This is my process, it will not change. If you're not happy with it, I understand but you should probably stop pledging'

People will probably snap back to that saying "Well, he's not gonna make very much money with that attitude" - I don't think he cares.

I would say, his current stint of radio silence has gone on a bit longer than usual - but there's a bloody global pandemic going on, people - expecting Business-as-usual is a kind of a big ask right now.

tl.dr - Paperwork ain't doing anything new, some of y'all could stand to chill out

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
I like the game a lot, so I can wait some more.
Besides that, it would always feel better not to be ghosted by the devs.
I mean what has to happen to you, so you really wouldnt be able to leave a few words within 6+ weeks?
In this biz we hear a lot of lame excuses. One could think some people live inside a cartoon, constantly being hit by an ambos, a car or rockets or whatever...
It would be a lot easier for everyone if a dev would simply note " Im sorry guys, I just cant bring myself up to proceed the work right now". Creativity needs time also, theres little harm in admitting when your not at your a-game and take some time off of the project.

And I get it. I really do. I ve done it like that as well. But it causes so much more stress than it actually avoids.
Just recently I had to deliver some new material too and I simply couldnt bring myself up to the task. at the same time I was sick of my own excuses so I was just being honest. Instead of pushin the deadline from one day to the next I got kind of a free pass and actually got to do the work a lot quicker than I expected -because that pressure was gone.

honesty doesnt kill half as much (support & trust) compared to dishonesty or silence.

Last edited:

fjabbegreven

Aug 5, 2016
I just thought, what if PW making "project", when his (her?) family not at home, and now, during self-isolation, he (she?) always in sight of family members?
Yeah some people have a ton of free time, which is why some devs pump out update after update atm, but if you're at home all day with kids you're just gonna be rekt.

So PW if you're laying low and lurking on the toilet, take your time m8, sort the important stuff out first and be thankful someone needs you to do something. Things will get back to at least resembling normal at some point, and I've yet to be disappointed by PW.

BlowUp

Jan 28, 2018
I get why some ppl or patreons feel sad / neglected / ignored / especially if they feel they have a personal friendship with PW from previous messages or patreon support. So it is understandable for the recent negative vibe around here.

Best advice I can give is not to set any expectations especially when PW is being quiet. If he releases the update/provides news, great. If not, just move on. I am sure everyone has tons of other things they can occupy themselves with.

Also if patreons belief in his work, continue to do so by pledging.
If patreon can no longer believe due to silence, stop pledging or reduce yr pledge level for now.
If you feel like supporting again in a few months again, do it.

It is not healthy by being this emotionally attached especially when you are just negatively commenting against a brick wall. Just be patient and see what may happen next month.

All shall be revealed in time. Stay safe all.
Think that you are right:)

Reactions: BUsybat

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So, now, tell me after seeing those screenshots YOU CAN WAIT ANY LONGER, WTF?!?!?!?! :love: :eek: :eek: :love: :love:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise you all, if this game gets abandoned, there will be no need any longer for any game update, because I WILL WIPE THE WHOLE FUCKIN MANKIND FROM THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee::coffee::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

screenshot0001.jpg
screenshot0002.jpg
screenshot0003.jpg
screenshot0004.jpg
screenshot0005.jpg
screenshot0006.jpg
screenshot0008.jpg

my5tyfixx

Dec 20, 2017
dis game is dope !! no doubt it is in my personal hof !! and i played many of em so...outstanding !!
after my 1st pt months ago (guess it was v0.17c) i decided to giveit another go cuz its just decent, sexy content !!

just printed the wt and installed the recommened mods from our lovely board and members. my q is now after i saw this thumbnail several times now if it playable in the latest version allready. if yes i missed it in my first run:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
besides i would appreciate if anyone could gimme a short summary how to get there. the scene takes place in the bathroom where steven and the mc get more serious as you can see in the pic attached. tx 4 help/advise my friends!

greez my5ty

Last edited:
Reactions: JustRunningThrow

aristarh2007

Oct 23, 2017
just printed the wt and installed the recommened mods from our lovely board and members. my q is now after i saw this thumbnail several times now if it playable in the latest version allready. if yes i missed it in my first run:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
besides i would appreciate if anyone could gimme a short summary how to get there. the scene takes place in the bathroom where steven and the mc get more serious as you can see in the pic attached. tx 4 help/advise my friends!

greez my5ty
This pics from old abandoned version. In current version it not used. Temporary, i hope.

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
Yeah some people have a ton of free time, which is why some devs pump out update after update atm, but if you're at home all day with kids you're just gonna be rekt.

So PW if you're laying low and lurking on the toilet, take your time m8, sort the important stuff out first and be thankful someone needs you to do something. Things will get back to at least resembling normal at some point, and I've yet to be disappointed by PW.
I think the thing is Patreons just want to know. I support PW on Patreon and just want to know what is happening. I support a few games on patreon and Just last week one posted that he was sorry but due to the world situation he wasn't able to post an update this month like normal. He set a date of mid may for the update and the thing is EVERYONE WAS FINE WITH IT. No should be upset that a creator can't make a deadline at this time. But people do get upset when they are left in the dark.

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes