LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
The Daedalus Project Chapter 7.1 Public
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, donations of any size would be greatly appreciated!
; .​

• Red Heart
Reactions: Byczer and voerman

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Dang a word of warning about hosting the hypno vidoes on MEGA, this will drain people's download quota without them know. Or even it might not work at all (like in my case)

Kitty and the Lord

Creators of The Whore of Babylon & SX-Ultra
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
Dang a word of warning about hosting the hypno vidoes on MEGA, this will drain people's download quota without them know. Or even it might not work at all (like in my case)
What? Really?? We though it would use our own download quota :mad::mad: do you know of any alternatives where we could self-host the videos apart from vimeo?

Toodles,
The Lord

Kitty and the Lord

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
what engine/creator is used to make these text based games?
Twine. You can download it for free or use it online at . We also use a tool called tweego which is a command line interface compiler which is probably not necessary if you're just starting out. You can also find documentation on as well as tutorials on youtube and such. Have fun!

Toodles,
The Lord

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
What? Really?? We though it would use our own download quota :mad::mad: do you know of any alternatives where we could self-host the videos apart from vimeo?

Toodles,
The Lord
Ok, yes I tested it out, I had used 0 today and i loaded the page and skipped to around the middle of the video: 1661852299581.png
and it continues to rise :eek:

you could host it on dailymotion or something?

Kitty and the Lord

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
Ok, yes I tested it out, I had used 0 today and i loaded the page and skipped to around the middle of the video: View attachment 2014175
and it continues to rise :eek:

you could host it on dailymotion or something?
Yeah, we'll try for next update for sure! Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience.

Toodles,
The Lord

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I have a number of issues with this:

1. Nowhere on the OP is there mention of the fact that this is hosted online and not a local content only download.

2. Using a metered download site as you guys have mentioned.

3. Having a requirement for online urls means that this VN forces the user to have a constant internet connection when playing it. That can't always work everywhere. Think of places where you can't get a connection (Starlink not everywhere yet), have a censored connection (eg behind Great Chinese Firewall), or places where the internet is controlled by a monopoly where the "owner" rapes the users for bandwidth (on cruise ships, certain apartment complexes, regions of post capitalist nations like murica). You are taking away the option from the user to download the content where they choose or can and then cut the connection.

4. Internet bit rot. What happens if some troll gets you banned from Mega? What other online urls are you using that may go away or have malware added when no-one is looking?

Yeah, we'll try for next update for sure! Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience.

Toodles,
The Lord

• Star-struck
Reactions: Kitty and the Lord

Kitty and the Lord

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
I have a number of issues with this:

1. Nowhere on the OP is there mention of the fact that this is hosted online and not a local content only download.

2. Using a metered download site as you guys have mentioned.

3. Having a requirement for online urls means that this VN forces the user to have a constant internet connection when playing it. That can't always work everywhere. Think of places where you can't get a connection (Starlink not everywhere yet), have a censored connection (eg behind Great Chinese Firewall), or places where the internet is controlled by a monopoly where the "owner" rapes the users for bandwidth (on cruise ships, certain apartment complexes, regions of post capitalist nations like murica). You are taking away the option from the user to download the content where they choose or can and then cut the connection.

4. Internet bit rot. What happens if some troll gets you banned from Mega? What other online urls are you using that may go away or have malware added when no-one is looking?
Right, makes sense. We'll see if we can include it as a video file next time available for download, or maybe have the option for users. Thanks for all the advice, it's the first time we've attempted to include a large file like this in one of our games!

Toodles,
The Lord

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
I tried getting into it, but I really couldn't get over Courier being the only available font (persistent in speech bubbles even after I edited the HTML because I'm a dummy) and the necessity to always click for the NSFW content.
Good luck though.

Reactions: Kitty and the Lord

Kitty and the Lord

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
I tried getting into it, but I really couldn't get over Courier being the only available font (persistent in speech bubbles even after I edited the HTML because I'm a dummy) and the necessity to always click for the NSFW content.
Good luck though.
Yeah, we were thinking of removing the clicking for NFSW content. Originally it was because there were sometimes non-avoidable sex scenes which some people might not be into, but you may still want to choose for story reasons or whatever. So for example with Blair in File 2 and being a guy yourself. However, we've added ways to get out of it so we will probably remove it for next update. Please check it out when it comes out!

Toodles,
The Lord

Kitty and the Lord

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
I wasnt expecting anything when trying this game, but you blew me away. Great game so far, cant wait for more
Thank you for your kind words. If you want to support us, please consider writing a review, or becoming a Patreon supporter. Also, next update is dropping soon!

Toodles,
The Lord

Kitty and the Lord

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
How much of a gay content is there and can straight sex be avoided?
Most if not all sex scenes can be avoided. If by gay you mean male on male, Files 2 and the upcoming File 4 will feature it. If you mean gay as in homosexual sex, I believe all files contain it at least a bit.

Toodles,
The Lord

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes