Best butt? Link to butts --> https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/02/3342779_0.png

• Kaylee

Votes: 64 11.7%
  • SAndrA

Votes: 107 19.6%
  • Emily

Votes: 74 13.6%
  • Ashe

Votes: 240 44.0%
  • Elysra

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • Ves

Votes: 26 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Not gonna lie I legitimately feel like most threads here have a lot of discussion at least partly from the devs taking long intervals to update lol

Look at Summertime Saga and Being a DIK thread for reference lol
Sorry to burst your bubble but that really wasn't the case, at least with BADIK. It had more than 20 pages in the thread by the end of the first day and over 75 pages by the end of the first week. It was literally the most highly anticipated new AVN when it first came out. And back then it wasn't long interval between releases. Most well established and popular games now still don't get as much discussion as BADIK did when it first came out just under 4 years ago.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Genuine question for the AVN expert analysts out there. How do I get people to talk about my game more? Is it because my frequent but rather short updates don't leave much room for discussion or is my game just not engaging enough?

I'll admit that it does get a little discouraging to see any discussion die out in a couple of days so I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to improve it.
Cross-promotions seems to be a popular way to do it.

Do more cross-promo on Patreon. I literally rolled through your entire Patreon feed and there has only been one, and it's fairly recent, with a dev that has roughly only the same level of support as you. Try to do more with more popular devs.

Do more cross-cameos in game. I know it's harder for a cameo to make sense for a game set in an undetermined future timeline, but there are no rules that says the cameos have to be related to the original game's story. Get creative. Maybe the cameo can appear as your characters watching some kind of entertainment or documentary from the distant past? Or them playing some kind of video games? You've got a character jealously guarding what's on her laptop screen already, hint hint. ;)

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Genuine question for the AVN expert analysts out there. How do I get people to talk about my game more? Is it because my frequent but rather short updates don't leave much room for discussion or is my game just not engaging enough?

I'll admit that it does get a little discouraging to see any discussion die out in a couple of days so I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to improve it.
From what I saw in other threads ; controversy is what gets a game to get talked about.
Whether it's the delay of updates or characters definitions.
For the latter, usually you find incertainty or tragedy with the other characters ; not really knowing if they're on your side (at least truly and for the long run) or having their story utterly tragic (or classic tragic but because of their own stupidity).
That was I saw the most in threads like BaDIK, Intertwined, Friends in Need, etc...

I'm not saying it's really is the case or even that it'll make your game more talked about ; just my 2 cents of what I witnessed.

Reactions: TheDevian

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Cross-promotions seems to be a popular way to do it.

Do more cross-promo on Patreon. I literally rolled through your entire Patreon feed and there has only been one, and it's fairly recent, with a dev that has roughly only the same level of support as you. Try to do more with more popular devs.

Do more cross-cameos in game. I know it's harder for a cameo to make sense for a game set in an undetermined future timeline, but there are no rules that says the cameos have to be related to the original game's story. Get creative. Maybe the cameo can appear as your characters watching some kind of entertainment or documentary from the distant past? Or them playing some kind of video games? You've got a character jealously guarding what's on her laptop screen already, hint hint. ;)
That could work too. Lemon you could try with the developers of other sci-fi games, like Tales from the Unending Void.

Reactions: TheDevian

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Sorry to burst your bubble but that really wasn't the case, at least with BADIK. It had more than 20 pages in the thread by the end of the first day and over 75 pages by the end of the first week. It was literally the most highly anticipated new AVN when it first came out. And back then it wasn't long interval between releases. Most well established and popular games now still don't get as much discussion as BADIK did when it first came out just under 4 years ago.
Yeah but 4 years ago was like 100 years ago and there were barely any other AVNs to talk about that weren't japanese

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I stand corrected then.
That means BADIK can't be used as reference by anyone since I'm assuming it was a new game in its class. I haven't played AVNs for long but from what I've seen, seems like western AVNs weren't that popular until BADIK era, and copycats/others venturing into the medium came out.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Congrats on being a toxic ass from someone asking a question. Good job, good effort, round of applause.
Just replied to a condescending comment.
I apologize for intruding, but seems like Donjoe said that "condescending comment" to someone who was being "condescending" to the person who posted a tutorial on how to add signatures. Imo it was warranted, what's easy for some isnt easy for others, so Donjoe imo didnt do anything wrong there.

They were a bit mean to the person asking about female protagonist, I won't share my feelings on that matter, just think this conversation between you two started with a misunderstanding.

Peace!

Reactions: Donjoe81

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
You can't just go to someone three times bigger than you and ask for cross-promotion, that's insanity
It might be insanity, but just imagine the payoff if Perverteer says yes! You two could create an empire of sci-fi VNs and dominate the market :WeSmart:

Shitposting aside, it's honestly worth reaching out to him and planting the idea of cross-promotion early on. You're producing some high quality content that I think any dev would feel comfortable with including a brief cameo/crossover to help signal boost you game.

I apologize for intruding, but seems like Donjoe said that "condescending comment" to someone who was being "condescending" to the person who posted a tutorial on how to add signatures. Imo it was warranted, what's easy for some isnt easy for others, so Donjoe imo didnt do anything wrong there.

They were a bit mean to the person asking about female protagonist, I won't share my feelings on that matter, just think this conversation between you two started with a misunderstanding.

Peace!
I personally didn't see it as condescending, but I typically try to avoid interpreting responses in a negative light. It's difficult to interpret context from text unless you want to spam emojis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, back on topic so we don't incur the wrath of the fun police... Classy Lemon, when are you going to pull a James Cameron (or maybe a BioWare would fit better in this context?) and allow us to fuck the blue alien babe? The teasing and innuendos are reaching critical mass and I'm legitimately scared it'll cause a black hole to form, especially since we already got a spicy scene with the hot demon Vesnia.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
You can't just go to someone three times bigger than you and ask for cross-promotion, that's insanity
No, that's not insanity. Not asking because you are afraid of a little rejection is insanity.

Besides, I've already given you ideas on how to cross with a non-sci-fi game. Some devs are known to do crossing just because they like each other's work.

Reactions: Classy Lemon

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I suggest you add Micro Transactions.
"Add $4.99 and a girl looking like Ashe may visit your home to kill you. But then, she might not."
You know what, I might as well put all Ashe content behind a paywall. That shouldn't piss off too many people right?

• Haha
Reactions: acondo

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Alright, back on topic so we don't incur the wrath of the fun police... Classy Lemon, when are you going to pull a James Cameron (or maybe a BioWare would fit better in this context?) and allow us to fuck the blue alien babe? The teasing and innuendos are reaching critical mass and I'm legitimately scared it'll cause a black hole to form, especially since we already got a spicy scene with the hot demon Vesnia.
It will literally NEVER happen.

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
No, that's not insanity. Not asking because you are afraid of a little rejection is insanity.

Besides, I've already given you ideas on how to cross with a non-sci-fi game. Some devs are known to do crossing just because they like each other's work.
Fine I'll ask around. Sheesh

Reactions: haooni
4.80 star(s) 247 Votes