rareover

Nov 21, 2018
there is an update on his patreon is there any actual content or is it more fLuIdS ?
Nop, i was a partner but I unsubscribed because he does not fulfill what he promises. He takes many months from update to update.

5ra111

Sep 10, 2018
Nop, i was a partner but I unsubscribed because he does not fulfill what he promises. He takes many months from update to update.
he does update monthly but i can't understand how with 3 updates nothing new or noticeable added

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
he does update monthly but i can't understand how with 3 updates nothing new or noticeable added
It's the [technical improvement] they been fed their backer ever since MATM, just wall of texts that talk about how they been work on game, testing new technique and what not, all and all that having no relation to its physical update of game itself that's why they have nothing to show.

Pretty much this about at least 2 months is minimal interval, then they'll release some arts and in total around 5-6 months there'll be actual update make into game --- which happens to be a couple new animation or 'apply new feature' that hardly going to excite anyone.

In short, you're likely to got their actual update that have something change or added about 2 time a year, maybe 3 if they feel generous, let's see if this interval will have some increment in the next couple of years. It's just best that I'm not in their sunken-cost-fallacy list, it's not even giving you a good chance of your investment, that your gamble on how and when they'll release this will come to be fruition, even rolling for SSR or UR in gacha game once in a while giving you more thrill than waiting for each of their update I dare say.

Reactions: thalanx

thalanx

Mar 16, 2019
It's the [technical improvement] they been fed their backer ever since MATM, just wall of texts that talk about how they been work on game, testing new technique and what not, all and all that having no relation to its physical update of game itself that's why they have nothing to show.

Pretty much this about at least 2 months is minimal interval, then they'll release some arts and in total around 5-6 months there'll be actual update make into game --- which happens to be a couple new animation or 'apply new feature' that hardly going to excite anyone.

In short, you're likely to got their actual update that have something change or added about 2 time a year, maybe 3 if they feel generous, let's see if this interval will have some increment in the next couple of years. It's just best that I'm not in their sunken-cost-fallacy list, it's not even giving you a good chance of your investment, that your gamble on how and when they'll release this will come to be fruition, even rolling for SSR or UR in gacha game once in a while giving you more thrill than waiting for each of their update I dare say.
yeah sadly i fell for their bullshit a couple times, hoping against hope that they would actually fucking add something, its sad to see such wasted potential, i think he could definitely make a top tier H-game if he actually tried too and wasn't just trying to get peoples money, it would help if those 880+ patrons woke the fuck up and realized their not gonna get what their paying for anytime soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Litoningu

Zenith48

Dec 15, 2018

Eromancer is basically the EA, Activision, or Bethesda of the H-game world. They are scummy, shady, and completely anti-consumer. And it takes them 2 years to add 1 tiny new animation to their game every time. These guys probably work in slow-motion when ever they work on any of their products. They also break the performance of their games and don't bother to test anything. Back when Pure Onyx was still 2D it ran smooth like butter on my computer, but ever since they switched to 3D it runs like a slide show at something like 3 frames per second. They didn't even bother to list any updated system requirements for the jump to 3D.

rareover

Nov 21, 2018
Eromancer is basically the EA, Activision, or Bethesda of the H-game world. They are scummy, shady, and completely anti-consumer. And it takes them 2 years to add 1 tiny new animation to their game every time. These guys probably work in slow-motion when ever they work on any of their products. They also break the performance of their games and don't bother to test anything. Back when Pure Onyx was still 2D it ran smooth like butter on my computer, but ever since they switched to 3D it runs like a slide show at something like 3 frames per second. They didn't even bother to list any updated system requirements for the jump to 3D.
Do not get confused. You can't compare an AAA game with Eromancer...The problem is that the AAA get to finish a game. Eromancer never ..

Reactions: Sighhh

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
yeah sadly i fell for their bullshit a couple times, hoping against hope that they would actually fucking add something, its sad to see such wasted potential, i think he could definitely make a top tier H-game if he actually tried too and wasn't just trying to get peoples money, it would help if those 880+ patrons woke the fuck up and realized their not gonna get what their paying for anytime soon.
I backed them once a year to see the progress. Back before they switched to monthly the progress on matm was still great. Ever since then they did nothing of value and pure onyx is a pure shitshow in my opinion. The graphics are still great, but the engine is clunky at most.

azzazz

Nov 21, 2017
the funny thing is there will be more updates when more people drop his patreon, so if enough people leave he'll update something meanful to claw back some easy cash and the cycle will start again

Reactions: GooseHorde

azzazz

Nov 21, 2017
I just realised they removed their 3$ pledge... LOL Imagine how greedy those piece of shits are when they (technically) raise their prices and provide absolutely no content.
It's actually kind of genius, you know. It tempts me to do this, although I have slightly more self respect.

Just draw some art, make a few different test versions as you go and stagger the content for 2 years while getting $4500+ per month. This has been in progress for AT LEAST since Oct 2018. THAT'S 21 MONTHS.
OR $94,500.

This shit could've been whipped up in a few weeks by a competent developer working full time hours. That's a pretty amazing return on investment for doing less than a month of work.

It's honestly a brilliant scam.

trjrtjrhg

Jul 21, 2020
My question is why they're milking it this way. I saw there last update this month a few minor changes to the UI and that's about it. Most of the code on how to create a 2D platformer or a side scoller is already online and at that point you wonder what the hell is taking them so long. Considering they're not even using 3D graphics let alone creating their own engine. And if they are it normally wouldn't take a Dev Close to 3 years to do it either. A similar game Atelier Tia written on GameMaker is in the works and almost finished albiet it ain't perfect by any stretch of the means with noticeable bugs but its definitely a better product than what Eromancer has put out so far.

https://f95zone.to/threads/atelier-tia-v0-91-menz.1047/

Development takes time especially if you're trying to build out your own engine but if you know there's going to be no progress then stop milking your subscribers cause that's dishonest, people are paying so they need to at least see exclusive updates on the game they're supposed to be developing but alas that idea never popped into their heads. This project is cool but I feel it would be great if someone took the Yandere simulator approach on this and had a more efficient dev create a similar game. I'm sure someone could push it out fast than they can.

FemaLep

Nov 4, 2018
My question is why they're milking it this way. I saw there last update this month a few minor changes to the UI and that's about it. Most of the code on how to create a 2D platformer or a side scoller is already online and at that point you wonder what the hell is taking them so long. Considering they're not even using 3D graphics let alone creating their own engine. And if they are it normally wouldn't take a Dev Close to 3 years to do it either. A similar game Atelier Tia written on GameMaker is in the works and almost finished albiet it ain't perfect by any stretch of the means with noticeable bugs but its definitely a better product than what Eromancer has put out so far.

https://f95zone.to/threads/atelier-tia-v0-91-menz.1047/

Development takes time especially if you're trying to build out your own engine but if you know there's going to be no progress then stop milking your subscribers cause that's dishonest, people are paying so they need to at least see exclusive updates on the game they're supposed to be developing but alas that idea never popped into their heads. This project is cool but I feel it would be great if someone took the Yandere simulator approach on this and had a more efficient dev create a similar game. I'm sure someone could push it out fast than they can.
"would be great if someone took the Yandere simulator approach"

Sure buddy.

trjrtjrhg

Jul 21, 2020
"would be great if someone took the Yandere simulator approach"

Sure buddy.

Is this supposed to be a jab at me or something? I mentioned Yandere because of how similar the situation is and how other devs have decided to make their own version of Yandere. Look this is about to be Eromancer's third year in this project and all they have is 3 enemies and 1 H-scene. If you're a supporter of his that's fine, lets just not pretend like Ero is making great progress here. That's it... I want them to push the product out if I'm honest here but I'm just surprised by how long its taking since Eromancer has multiple members on their team working this project supposedly.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes