Wearablenine

Sep 21, 2017
If you guys checked their twitter account, you'll see they just about finished their first sex scene rendered in complete 3d modeling. How long before it gets implemented into the game, 2 years maybe? But judging from their twitter posts, it would appear they're giving every character from the main character to npcs their own 3D model. So a 3D side-scroller as a final product perhaps?

Honestly, it's like they can't decide how they want their games to be before creating them so now every then they change their minds and redo everything PER update. Malice And The Machine was a good example that's for sure. And now it appears Pure Onyx is receiving the same treatment. :FacePalm:

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
If you guys checked their twitter account, you'll see they just about finished their first sex scene rendered in complete 3d modeling. How long before it gets implemented into the game, 2 years maybe? But judging from their twitter posts, it would appear they're giving every character from the main character to npcs their own 3D model. So a 3D side-scroller as a final product perhaps?

Honestly, it's like they can't decide how they want their games to be before creating them so now every then they change their minds and redo everything PER update. Malice And The Machine was a good example that's for sure. And now it appears Pure Onyx is receiving the same treatment. :FacePalm:
MaTM was perfect the way it was, it could've been one of the better HRPGs out and could've actually forced better quality out of competitors. But the devs are hacks who just like to milk their paypigs.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That one caught me off guard, i am still laughing.

I feel you man, seeing all this potential wasted is maddening.
It is. The Premise is everything i ever wanted, but it went to shit. I supported them until December 2018 iirc because i still had faith back then.

But let's face it, MATM will never get finished and Pure Onyx will take ages to release fully (if ever).

EDIT:

So, i just gave the new update a go. Holy shit, the liquid looks awful and is all over the place. Good grief...

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklyIm

jhawkins_15

Aug 6, 2019
That one caught me off guard, i am still laughing.

It is. The Premise is everything i ever wanted, but it went to shit. I supported them until December 2018 iirc because i still had faith back then.

But let's face it, MATM will never get finished and Pure Onyx will take ages to release fully (if ever).

EDIT:

So, i just gave the new update a go. Holy shit, the liquid looks awful and is all over the place. Good grief...
I agree Gnodab. The update is awful and just a waste of time.

James1980

Feb 17, 2018
i miss MaTM...
I remember when they first started MaTM and their Patreon was set up to only charge us for every update... granted it only lasted for a few months but they actually had to put some work in back then. It is such a damn shame that people so damn talented like them rather just milk fans for nothing instead of actually using their talent to contribute to the genre. Patreons should have an ability to flag creators like them. Force creators who don't deliver onto the pay for content only model. There is no consumer protection at all. Oh well they got about a years worth of payments out of me. I will be expecting my free copy of MaTM when it is completed in 2060.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
what the fuck. this is just pure scam. i cant believe people still buy this shit. i cant wait to meme again with their FLUUIIIDDZZZ but wow, i thought they would actually show something good on that fluid shit but no. guess i cant meme it now.

What happened to this one? got scratched again, huh? and then get swapped by a shittier one.

arkath

Aug 26, 2016
I think that one h-scene available in the game right now is good, but that's about the only thing going for it considering the time that's passed since this first released and where its most likely headed

btftw

Dec 20, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That update cought me off guard and definately summed up all of his "updates".
Pitty the fools that still donate to him, however thanks to Scammancer I found this forum and so many better games, some of which completed.
I still have some hopes to see something new, but probably he will start 3D art to sponsor this game (hopefully a 3D image is easier to finish than a game)

Feb 23, 2019
I really like what I see, but it does look like this project is moving slower than almost any I've ever seen. And if the dev already has another project that also isn't producing updates, I guess I should just leave this one alone. But other devs should take note of the art direction, and I love the character design of the player character. And a really good H-beat em up would be great. I've seen too many crappy ones and this looks like it had the actual potential to be good if it just ever made any real progress.

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
I really like what I see, but it does look like this project is moving slower than almost any I've ever seen. And if the dev already has another project that also isn't producing updates, I guess I should just leave this one alone. But other devs should take note of the art direction, and I love the character design of the player character. And a really good H-beat em up would be great. I've seen too many crappy ones and this looks like it had the actual potential to be good if it just ever made any real progress.
there original work "Matm" Was always being reworked, you would get a demo then another were everything was different, what had happened was they Redesigned how RPGMAKER worked and when they got that done, There Lead programmer/artist could not stick to something he was always going back and changing things.. Well its fine to be a perfectionist its has massively hurt there Rep and i wish he would just release what he has on Matm instead of just saying well now that i have the skills for full 3d work lets move to that.

I will say that Greed has Fully colored his eyes since he runs a full team he thinks he needs to trickle content or demand money to keep his group running. When in all honestly he has the core skills to do most of this himself. (this may be outdated i think he still has a team of fellows working on his stuff)

I really cant call him a Con man since i talked a lot to him during those first couple months, unless he was lying day one he really loved MatM so i really dont get what fully happened outside of he wants it perfect OR maybe he gave up since everyone wanted it to be something different.

Reactions: TJ412

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
there original work "Matm" Was always being reworked, you would get a demo then another were everything was different, what had happened was they Redesigned how RPGMAKER worked and when they got that done, There Lead programmer/artist could not stick to something he was always going back and changing things.. Well its fine to be a perfectionist its has massively hurt there Rep and i wish he would just release what he has on Matm instead of just saying well now that i have the skills for full 3d work lets move to that.

I will say that Greed has Fully colored his eyes since he runs a full team he thinks he needs to trickle content or demand money to keep his group running. When in all honestly he has the core skills to do most of this himself. (this may be outdated i think he still has a team of fellows working on his stuff)

I really cant call him a Con man since i talked a lot to him during those first couple months, unless he was lying day one he really loved MatM so i really dont get what fully happened outside of he wants it perfect OR maybe he gave up since everyone wanted it to be something different.
I agree and it's really unfortunate. Maybe one day in the far far future they'll complete something, but at this point it seems they're content to ride on their patreon while they figure out what the fuck it is they want to actually do. Unfortunately, from the outside at least it seems they let their ambition outstrip their ability. I really enjoyed the MATM demos, its content was right up my alley and it has a cohesive 90s-era cyberpunk style to it that I love. I wish they went with what they had re: RPGMaker, because the combat systems had plenty of depth and the puzzle-solving elements weren't bad. Just focusing on content from there, assuming there were no major technical roadblocks, would've got them there. What a shame. What a rotten way to die.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes