Nov 9, 2022
because it has "normal gameplay", H games generally don't have "normal gameplay". even though this games gameplay is as basic as humanly possible. I think the people desperately wants an H game that also feels like a "normal game" as well, so they're hedging their bet, despite the dev scamming them.
Maybe? Then again, this game really does have the vibes of being AAA in development and visuals lol.

Maybe because game like this are very rare and in addition it has really good graphics and animation. Also I think the costume destruction is a good point.
I don't really see any qualities that isn't superficial that sets this game apart from others. If I want to play a regular side-scroller I'll play the kino that is Double Dragons 2 or wait for the new power rangers game, and I could just wait till the scenes are on r34 or grab a save, and I can't really comment on dress breaking since the first thing I did was sell my clothes to cut down the grind and gameplay is a slog. I can at least respect believe the talent that goes behind the presentation, so I could believe people thought it looked good and invested money in it for that reason without looking any deeper.

<< Kaiju No. 8 >>

Oct 20, 2023
I just checked how much an anime episode costs on average and it turns out you can get a good quality episode for around $100k. I also checked how much money Eromancer has made over the past 6 years on Pure Onyx and was stunned to find out that the amount between Oct 2018 and Jan 2024 just from Patreon ALONE is approximately $700k (they also got a good chunk of money every month from Subscribestar for a long time before their Patreon got banned + some money from itch.io).

So it turns out they could have actually funded a decently-sized anime series with the amount of money they made lol.

Instead we got what's soon to be a 1-million dollar tech-demo with some pretty hentai scenes sprinkled around.
It seems to me that saying goes: "Give the cattle grass and they will give you fruit." In other words, just give H scenes of 3D dolls being eaten like in the X-Video and the sponsors filled their pockets with money without having a concrete result in the end.
It seems to me like the new formula for making money easily and without serious commitment to working hard these days.

Besides, now the value that has been gained from Lovense's sponsorship is also high.
Putting it all together, times in the future, Eromancer is swimming in a good pool of money, not caring about the game project itself from Pure Onyx, because while only releasing H scenes to enhance the 3D erotic animation cattle that don't wake up to actually charging for the game, the effortless profits kept coming in the end.

It's a shame that such a promising beat 'em up game proposal is thrown into the mud by the developer himself.

htakara82

Apr 14, 2020
sadly it's really easy to scam people these days, just put in effort in the beginning, and once the money rolls in. just coast on 2 hrs of work a month.

Reactions: VonRaschke

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
does anyone know why this game is so popular?
This game was first advertised as a "Beat 'Em Up RPG", as far as this franchise's 10-year run-around history is taken into account. I think some people here, or the so-called "veterans" already supported Ero since MATM, which was first released in 2014 (maybe around the LOK Forums era, if I remember correctly).

Ever since Pure Onyx went into the frame, the development process for MATM has ceased, or as they say... "putting into the backburner" until "Pure Onyx finished its development course."

dean027

May 3, 2018
I don't really see any qualities that isn't superficial that sets this game apart from others. If I want to play a regular side-scroller I'll play the kino that is Double Dragons 2 or wait for the new power rangers game, and I could just wait till the scenes are on r34 or grab a save, and I can't really comment on dress breaking since the first thing I did was sell my clothes to cut down the grind and gameplay is a slog. I can at least respect believe the talent that goes behind the presentation, so I could believe people thought it looked good and invested money in it for that reason without looking any deeper.
The point is neither DD2 nor Power Rangers are H beat'em all type game. So yes, in one side you can play classic game, and in the other you can watch H game sequence, but if you want the 2 at the same time, what are the other games like Pure Onyx with good graphics?
In addition, a Pure Onyx game style with Power Rangers as characters can be a good idea ;)

Reactions: Bulbanych
Nov 9, 2022
This game was first advertised as a "Beat 'Em Up RPG", as far as this franchise's 10-year run-around history is taken into account. I think some people here, or the so-called "veterans" already supported Ero since MATM, which was first released in 2014 (maybe around the LOK Forums era, if I remember correctly).

Ever since Pure Onyx went into the frame, the development process for MATM has ceased, or as they say... "putting into the backburner" until "Pure Onyx finished its development course."
10 years later...
MATM fans.jpg

don't exactly know the details behind it especially with their patreon down but I did see someone mention xvideos here, so I checked it out and I'd probably say that at this point MatM supporters were all replaced

The point is neither DD2 nor Power Rangers are H beat'em all type game. So yes, in one side you can play classic game, and in the other you can watch H game sequence, but if you want the 2 at the same time, what are the other games like Pure Onyx with good graphics?
In addition, a Pure Onyx game style with Power Rangers as characters can be a good idea ;)
touche, just wished that same talent appeared in other games instead of being stuck yandev hell.
And you have just now sent me into shock that there isn't any tokusatsu/PR H-games and that no one even thought of it before. If only I had the talent to use blender, when all I can do is make shitty drawings no one will see because I was too lazy to downgrade my labtop to windows 10 sooner.

<< Kaiju No. 8 >>

Oct 20, 2023
Esse foi um grande evento aqui neste tópico há alguns meses atrás.

Um assinante pago irritado se cansou das travessuras de Ero e as relatou ao Patreon por criar conteúdo bestial. Desde então, Ero and Co. mudou para o SubscribeStar.
[/CITAR]
Isso explica porque Eromancer ficou furioso com as choradeiras do Patreon no Twitter e correu para o SubscribeStar para continuar enganando o gado de plantão com cenas Hentai em vídeos de bonecos 3D sendo comidos abusivamente, porque infelizmente essa é a única coisa que sua mão nervosa faz para usar seu talento para realmente produzir o jogo.

<< Kaiju No. 8 >>

Oct 20, 2023
That was quite the... event here on this thread a good few months ago.

One too eager of an angry paid subscriber had enough of Ero's shenanigans and reported them to Patreon for making beastie content. Ero and Co. has since moved on to SubscribeStar.
This explains why Eromancer was furious with Patreon whining on Twitter and ran to SubscribeStar to continue fooling the cattle on duty with Hentai scenes in videos of 3D dolls being eaten abusively, because unfortunately that's the only thing his nervous hand does instead to use your talent to truly produce the game. :WeSmart:
9cf77431-9c67-cd7a-a37f-d4f43965d175.jpeg

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
This explains why Eromancer was furious with Patreon whining on Twitter and ran to SubscribeStar to continue fooling the cattle on duty with Hentai scenes in videos of 3D dolls being eaten abusively, because unfortunately that's the only thing his nervous hand does instead to use your talent to truly produce the game. :WeSmart:
View attachment 3724474
Good post. What's pathetic is that I could spend half an hour drafting up a complete story premise for a game like this and yet Eromancer has written next to squat in several years.

• Red Heart
Reactions: << Kaiju No. 8 >>

PM21

May 1, 2018
Doing my annual check in on this game, can someone answer just one thing, with the move to subscribestar is the game back to being non-con/rape or is it still the really uncanny fem protag who gets suddenly horny in the middle of a mission and presents herself in the middle of the street sort of affair?

nvm: I found the answer I was looking for on the subscribestar page
" We are currently in the process of adding all content that was previously censored by Patreon back into PURE ONYX . "

I'll leave my question as is in case anyone is searching the same thing

ko.os222

Oct 7, 2022
Doing my annual check in on this game, can someone answer just one thing, with the move to subscribestar is the game back to being non-con/rape or is it still the really uncanny fem protag who gets suddenly horny in the middle of a mission and presents herself in the middle of the street sort of affair?

nvm: I found the answer I was looking for on the subscribestar page
" We are currently in the process of adding all content that was previously censored by Patreon back into PURE ONYX . "

I'll leave my question as is in case anyone is searching the same thing
The rape is back but as a rough option. you just need to tick it before playing

RoyalRequiem

Jul 11, 2023
I'm going to continue to lurk this thread until Eromancer stops updating the game.
It's sad that the progress is just small version updates and changelogs at this point. :cry:

<< Kaiju No. 8 >>

Oct 20, 2023
Could someone post the new version:
pure-onyx-may-2024-win.zip 2GB, Version 0.106.0?

Many want to see what Eromancer's new excuse is in the new H-scenes update with no future for a beautiful game that looks like it will never leave the test project.

4e548848-141d-69ba-7b07-9aae66775117.jpeg
Have faith! One day after 50 years the game comes out! :WeSmart:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
View attachment 3724474
Could someone post the new version:
pure-onyx-may-2024-win.zip 2GB, Version 0.106.0?

Many want to see what Eromancer's new excuse is in the new H-scenes update with no future for a beautiful game that looks like it will never leave the test project.

View attachment 3728195
Have faith! One day after 50 years the game comes out! :WeSmart:
Bro you keep scaring the shit out of me with these AI pics. I have like a mini heart attack the first half-second I scroll down to them cuz I think they're screencaps from the game.

HarukaOzawa

Sep 7, 2019

sotichoda

Mar 30, 2024
Bro you keep scaring the shit out of me with these AI pics. I have like a mini heart attack the first half-second I scroll down to them cuz I think they're screencaps from the game.
even the AI puts some work on it instead of ero-the dev, he's blocking everyone who type "new animation or good update needed" on ss and twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: yoyomistro

<< Kaiju No. 8 >>

Oct 20, 2023
As always, Eromancer didn't do anything useful. What bothers me most is that they have the creativity to create new characters, scenarios, etc, but they don't put anything into practice, mainly because they have good artists drawing the characters in both 2D and 3D. The game could even be for two players and have the possibility of clothing skins and even play with more characters enabled during the game and so far nothing of them but something concrete in practice.
People are firing talents to just fool the project's donors. Unfortunate.
c4e7a0f8-a1f1-532d-4690-9e051b680569.jpeg
The topic needs to be updated with the game test for download in Version 0.106.0
So everyone thanks you!

Last edited:

<< Kaiju No. 8 >>

Oct 20, 2023
If I were the producer of the game Pure Onyx I would have already shown everyone the original version being produced and to help me build the game I used the AI tools to quickly finish the animation process, as they could animate everything in less than 2 minutes just using the AI commands.
86a71c56-768f-d9fd-7bb7-249a867bac3f.jpeg
Worse than that, I became a fan of the game Pure Onyx because of the wonderful art of the very beautiful female characters and it seems that we will never see the sunlight of this game one day. It's sad!
hahaha

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes