Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Speaking of their Twitter:

Apparently there is a new release tomorrow.

I've said before that I would love consistent updates for this and it looks like that may be happening... BUT it will take a bit more to convince me considering the Chain Splicer model has been claimed to have been done for months (years?) in this thread.

I'm a little hopeful though because it's possible the decision to hire Gifdoozer for some animation work may have caused a little 3rd party pressure for Eromancer to make the damn game. But that's just a theory... A gAmE tHeOrY!!! kill me :HideThePain:

Reactions: Scorpioguy99

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
I've said before that I would love consistent updates for this and it looks like that may be happening... BUT it will take a bit more to convince me considering the Chain Splicer model has been claimed to have been done for months (years?) in this thread.
Based on the dev group's past performance - they might be increasing the number of their updates since people might be starting to wake up and withdrawing their support. But I assume, when the support amount gets back to acceptable levels, the dev will update less frequently again.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Based on the dev group's past performance - they might be increasing the number of their updates since people might be starting to wake up and withdrawing their support. But I assume, when the support amount gets back to acceptable levels, the dev will update less frequently again.
Doesn't seems to be that.

Graphtreon is telling me their Patreon is Skyrocketing since the begining of 2021.
10.png

I'm not having any hope (and I don't pay for it, so idc) but if they somehow manage to complete Pure Onyx while they gave up about Malise and the Machine I still would be mad.

sidtheduke123

Jan 22, 2019
Their goalposts are always changing and their progress doesn't seem to pave a clear path forward. It's troubling to say the least, but I think it's a matter of misdirected talent. No doubt they have the skills to finish development, but whether or not they can stay focused is why I withdrew support long ago. I really do hope they prove me wrong.
Latest build is out.. Lets see if anyone can post it here...

Zenith48

Dec 15, 2018
yeah wouldn't give money to this dev. If they finish a product cool but they move at such a snails pace and have broken so many promises. At face value it seems like they're taking this more seriously than they did their last project but I still don't trust them.
Agreed. They are supposed to be making an H-game, but the H-content in Pure Onyx is EXTREMELY lacking. How many years has this thing been in development? 5 years? And so far we only have 2 H-scenes? They keep wasting time by adding stuff that NOBODY ever asked for. A little less screwing around and a little more focus on actual H-content would go a long way to restoring faith in these guys. One thing they definitely need to do is sort out the performance issues in Pure Onyx. It's ridiculous the type of system this H-game needs to run at anything above 5 frames per second. There are actual video games out there that look much better than this that don't require the kind of system that Pure Onyx needs.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
How many years has this thing been in development? 5 years? And so far we only have 2 H-scenes?
Probably closer to three years, with the thread being started in October 2018, and we have four H-scenes in the game right now, not including the one(s) introduced in the latest build that's not been shared here.

smick

Dec 29, 2017
It's ridiculous the type of system this H-game needs to run at anything above 5 frames per second.
I don't know what PC you're using but i'm not having any fps issues with this game and my laptop is around 5 years old. I agree on the rest tho.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Probably closer to three years, with the thread being started in October 2018, and we have four H-scenes in the game right now, not including the one(s) introduced in the latest build that's not been shared here.
Yep, and their Patreon is now an all-time high.

Just imagine the shitload of money they would receive if they didn't give up about Malise and the Machine and had decent progress.

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
They have 3 animators on board now so i suppose we'll get more H content compared to before. they've had more progress since Jan 2021 than they've had in their last 3 years tbh.

One of the animators are from EA too which is cool but ironic that the money hungry dev gets an animator from a money hungry corpo

Reactions: rammby

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
They keep wasting time by adding stuff that NOBODY ever asked for. A little less screwing around and a little more focus on actual H-content would go a long way to restoring faith in these guys.
This applies to mithos so well too. Its kinda sad.

Just imagine the shitload of money they would receive if they didn't give up about Malise and the Machine and had decent progress.
Maybe they don't want a 'shitload'. Maybe a few Ks is enough if they can afford to not do much work for it. :rolleyes:
We will see where it goes in the next few months.

sexymanx

Aug 4, 2018
Remove 3dcg tag from this game. Please report about wrong tag.

Why it's not 3dcg?
Per the tag rules this game should not be tagged 3DCG:
  • 3D Game [*Used for games where you can move or control 3D models, not to be confused with 3DCG.]
  • 3DCG [*Used for 3D CG (3D Renders).]

GameCrazyEmployee

Aug 8, 2018
I think this game severely needs a good road map or some better way to show the "grand picture" of things. Right now the monthly update posts don't really cover anything too great in them. As far as I have seen, there is not any mention about how many enemies, levels, bosses, etc... It is hard to think about backing the project when it looks like the developers do not even know what they want from the game.

Larry247

Jul 26, 2017
Just found this one. This is one gem of a game. The art style & the animations are fantastic. Gotta love Onyx & her strong personality and God!! I love that hair as well...Seems like there's a new update from this month. The music is amazing to listen to and fits in well with the game.

anon241

Nov 30, 2017
Just found this one. This is one gem of a game. The art style & the animations are fantastic. Gotta love Onyx & her strong personality and God!! I love that hair as well...Seems like there's a new update from this month. The music is amazing to listen to and fits in well with the game.
Simmer your expectations.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes