miLksiLk

Aug 31, 2017
Hopefully the game will provide variety for a wider audience, but allow players to skip certain H-scenes. They kind of already do though, because the H-scenes are only played if you fail to exit an enemy's grasp.
No. If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. As much as I love futas, this game is not a place for them, and I hope it stays that way.

Sep 16, 2018
Does anyone know how big the Eromancer team is? I'm trying to get perspective on how slow the update progress is. According to Patreon, they make 15,000$ a month, so even with a large team of 10 people, that's 18,000$ per year per person. Assuming the team is from Poland (given it's the only other supported language, correct me if I missed information suggesting otherwise) this makes the annual wage of even such a large team 1,000$ more than typical according to a quick google search. It has been ~33 months since this thread first opened and there are a total of 5 "unique" animations (not counting femcop's since they recycle 2 of Onyx's animations). This means that at the current rate of patronage each animation cost ~99,000$ (lumped with other development costs, but let's be honest there's been very little progress on that front well). Now presumably they had fewer patrons when they first started this project, as far as I can tell there's no way to get these records from Patreon. Even then if we assume very conservatively that they made an average of 25% of this upper bound due to fewer initial patrons that's still about 25,000$ per animation. Those must be some real fancy liquid FX they're working on if they cost that much and take this long.

despelote

May 26, 2017
Does anyone know how big the Eromancer team is? I'm trying to get perspective on how slow the update progress is. According to Patreon, they make 15,000$ a month, so even with a large team of 10 people, that's 18,000$ per year per person. Assuming the team is from Poland (given it's the only other supported language, correct me if I missed information suggesting otherwise) this makes the annual wage of even such a large team 1,000$ more than typical according to a quick google search. It has been ~33 months since this thread first opened and there are a total of 5 "unique" animations (not counting femcop's since they recycle 2 of Onyx's animations). This means that at the current rate of patronage each animation cost ~99,000$ (lumped with other development costs, but let's be honest there's been very little progress on that front well). Now presumably they had fewer patrons when they first started this project, as far as I can tell there's no way to get these records from Patreon. Even then if we assume very conservatively that they made an average of 25% of this upper bound due to fewer initial patrons that's still about 25,000$ per animation. Those must be some real fancy liquid FX they're working on if they cost that much and take this long.
look at patreon, first post > show more ( )
About Our Team
Started in late 2013 by then sole member Eromancer, the team now consists of seven developers!

• Eromancer - Project Manager and Artist
  • AltairPL - Programmer
  • TK - 3D Artist
  • Ubercharge - 3D Artist
  • Mr. Kittyhawk - 3D Artist and Unity Developer
  • Limbo Limbo - 2D and Concept Artist
  • Kitsune - 2D Animator
the discord channel says he has 9 developers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
About Our Team
Started in late 2013 by then sole member Eromancer, the team now consists of seven developers!

• AltairPL - Programmer
  • TK - 3D Artist
  • Ubercharge - 3D Artist
  • Kitsune - 2D Animator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They added Gifdoozer, AnimationAtNight, and Penapsquat in December 2020.

So I'm guessing Kitsune left when they moved to 3D.
They honestly must not of had a 3D animator since they started the project which explains why there were no new animations at all until gifdoozer joined. And Gifdoozer approached Eromancer to animate.

They probably could've paid for a better animator than Gifdoozer but I suppose it's better than nothing.

AnimationAtNight has worked for EA and has some awesome talent.

I don't know anything about Penas' previous work

Sep 16, 2018
About Our Team

• AltairPL - Programmer
  • TK - 3D Artist
  • Ubercharge - 3D Artist
  • Kitsune - 2D Animator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I completely glossed over that, thank you for clearing that up! The fact that the same post says they all work full-time on the project makes the math even more depressing. I was assuming they each worked on the project on the side. Assuming an even split of the income even among 9 devs they're making within the ballpark of a standard Polish game developer... with significantly less content production for the given time.

Reactions: pewpew168

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
[...] According to Patreon, they make 15,000$ a month, so even with a large team of 10 people, that's 18,000$ per year per person. Assuming the team is from Poland (given it's the only other supported language, correct me if I missed information suggesting otherwise) this makes the annual wage of even such a large team 1,000$ more than typical according to a quick google search.[...]
I completely glossed over that, thank you for clearing that up! The fact that the same post says they all work full-time on the project makes the math even more depressing. I was assuming they each worked on the project on the side. Assuming an even split of the income even among 9 devs they're making within the ballpark of a standard Polish game developer... with significantly less content production for the given time.
Some things you didn't factor in are the Patreon's take, infrastructure costs, insurances, and savings for a potential next game. That said, the work they put out probably still doesn't represent the money they get properly, but the problem is that if what they get is not enough for a full-time wage (or even part-time) or in any case enough to sustain themselves, they need to do other jobs on the side, which takes time, which impedes the progress on this project.

Last edited:

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Assuming an even split of the income even among 9 devs they're making within the ballpark of a standard Polish game developer... with significantly less content production for the given time.
You need to factor in that Eromancer will stretch the truth about things, so some of the team members listed above may not even exist, what you do have though is

- Making models (Guessing freelance model charge)
- Shader/UI (Clearly freelance as working on other stuff)
- Animations (Clearly freelance)
- 3d design (Known as Limbo Limbo on Artstation
- Used for some models

Based on Ero's comments I don't think he is a coder, so certainly a coder on a near full time basis, so I would say 2 full timers and the rest on a commission basis.

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
According to their Patreon, there is a "New Runt section of the Chain Splicer H scene". The rest are bug fixes and "improvements".

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes