Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Aye, their scam is proper, since it's legal and it works. Is it scummy? Yes. But it's still proper.

You give him 0. So you lose nothing. Whatever he does, it should be of no issue to you.

You're getting angry at him for what, exactly? Because he isn't making what you want him to do while you give him nothing?

In what world should someone give a single fuck about the opinions of a bunch of people stealing their work?

It would be another story if you actually did pay him. And if you did and unsubbed? Then you sent your message. It's just a shame that there are 3k more people who don't care and still give him money.
Who said I was angry. Now you complaining about pirates on a pirate site. It seems to me your the angry one. lol

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
Oh wait, fam. That changes everything, now.

If it's a team? Woah. There's something fucky going on something fierce, then. 13 anims, 5 re-used? So it's basically 8, then. In 5 years?

OK, guys. My bad. I apologize. It's on me, I'm a dumbass, I'll take my L at the door.

I completely understand, now.
I kinda understand you, really.

If only these Eromancer 'team' guys were new in town, people wouldn't be as frustrated.
Based on your forum's join date, I think they date back further about 3 or more years before this game starts its development loop. Their previous project that has been 'abandon'(Note the quotation) is pretty much the same but worse.

But well, when people are disappointed with something, they gonna need an outlet, not everyone can let things go as easily as wind-blown past their face so it's fine if some people what to unwind their unease mind somewhere that have people with the same chemical to discuss with, no matter how serious the topic or issues is, paid or not paid them hardly an objective, it's more on emotional than then rest, I guess.

As for me, I too, have been paid them $20 in total prior 10-ish years ago ever since they working 'pay-per-major-update' plan and guaranteed a copy of the full game once it is finished, like pre-purchase their game with jump-start funds if you may.

Then that stuff Thanos-snapped away like it never existed, changed to monthly plan, and til today. I never paid them any after, and even now I still cringe these guys still put up the same charade with 0 fucks outside of their circle, because they know it works, as you practically said.

I personally give 0 fucks about them by now and only check here once in a while to see if there's anything funny to read more than tuning in to the game's update itself. And it's nice to see more people willing to give and take opinions without always spiraling into madness.

Reactions: Creiz

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
Well, that's the reality. Eromancer wanted to make a polished foundation first and foremost, then the scenes can come at a later date...

And the last time I played this, the seggs initiation for the Splicer Thugs wasn't even there yet. You know, as in Onyx just flaunting a sign that read "Animation is in Progress"... maybe because Patreon and MasterCard/Visa is on the crusade on the hentai
I think it also comes with perfect timing, since they plan to open up more subscription platforms and they will have perfect excuses to work 2 times more with the 'Patreon' version and other places's versions. One with awkward consent animation and one with rapey animation.

At the time, Beastiality was also red flag and they get by that when the bugs's animation things go under the radar, maybe it's not 'beastie' enough?? If only someone report those it would be one hella funny days :BootyTime:

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
I think it also comes with perfect timing, since they plan to open up more subscription platforms and they will have perfect excuses to work 2 times more with the 'Patreon' version and other places's versions. One with awkward consent animation and one with rapey animation.

At the time, Beastiality was also red flag and they get by that when the bugs's animation things go under the radar, maybe it's not 'beastie' enough?? If only someone report those it would be one hella funny days :BootyTime:
im pretty sure insects are inside the "no-beasty" rule of patreon

that's why it makes no sense to pacify the non-consensual nature of the game all of a sudden. feels like they are just giving an excuse of some sort. because if patreon would not allow something they would not allow all the things that violate their rules. not just one. and how after all that changes the consent is still dubious. dubcon if you may

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017

I'd rather close up the Patreon and switched to SubscribeStar in full... If I were them

They could have pull another 10K+ doubloons, making their profit of the trade about, more or less 20-25K per month across two sites. I remember reading they need 16K, more or less, just to move to SubscribeStar

Leonave

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Is it still censored? In the meaning of no more rape.

Because the punk who kills bandits but has hearts that appear when they want to do her, it totally turns me off.

Fortunately, I kept the version before all these changes...

Reactions: noconsent
Feb 22, 2020
See? I started making my game because some Devs on Patreon went full-on just like this, among other reasons (one of the biggest was Sony censoring titties, too). Eromancer, Monster Girl Island, Summertime Saga, etc. All people who make 15k+ (the guy from mgi made at one point 30k+. THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. And for what?).

So I decided I wanted some of that money for myself. And I sat back, went on Youtube, went on free websites where they teach you coding, downloaded Blender, ren'py, Unity, etc., played around until I now have something quite solid.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

Getting upset at people making money isn't gonna stop them from making money. However? You can make a game that will make *you* money and hopefully bring some of their supporters to your side since you'll totally be doing a better job than them, right?

I know full well how hard it is to make an actual game from scratch in engines like Unity. Ren'Py is already hard enough even if "all you do is take pictures" and wait for renders. People don't seem to realize the amount of work that goes behind making games. They think everything is ready and just have to put the puppets having sex, slap incest and ntr and boom, it's done. If it were so easy then why don't they make a game, too?

It took me 4 years to build the framework for my own game. By that I mean something that works, one and two where I can "easily" make content and add it to the game without wasting weeks of my time. It's the main reason why I still haven't released any info about it yet, because if I do like everyone else and release something at the starting state, then they'll trucidate me while I work on the engine proper where I'm stressing my whole goddamn life while having nothing to show for it.

"Guys, I'm working on the inventory system, please get off my back will you?" "Show us!" "Show you what? My spaghetti code? Nothing works yet."

For example, now it takes me a whole week to create a costume for the 3D avatar. From scratch to added and working in game. Before that it took me 2 months. Mind you, that's just the costume. I'm not counting coding, events, items, monsters, npcs, music, texts, bug fixing, socializing with your patrons on discord, marketing, etc. That's all shit you have to do, alone, in the span between your updates. If your updates are too long, people bitch. If they're too short? People still bitch.

If you hire other people to do shit for you? That's great. You can focus on other things and accelerate development but you still have to take what the other guy made and make sure it works before adding it in. It's not plug-and-play.

And Unity is a finicky engine. Sometimes everything seems to work and boom, nothing works anymore. Just because fuck you.

I think the main culprit here is the lack of communication. Why Eromancer's patrons are OK giving him their money up until now and why the pirates here are frustrated is probably because Patrons know what's going on and people here are kept in the dark.
Why use Unity then? Everyone seems to be switching to UE5

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Now, if you use that, well, basically that already gatekeep'd most, if not some, of the users. Not everyone has RTXs or XTXs with Alder Lake. I mean, sure I wanted to see Onyx mating press'd by Wraxe in super duper wooper HD 8K 120FPS with RTX and DLSS on as well, but then I realized the current rig I got, which is a "gaming" laptop, I can't even run a stable build of XCOM2 (which uses Unreal 3.5)

Switching engines mid-development might not be a good idea since the team has a possibility to just go back to square one and development probably go on again for another several years (and I don't think learning a new engine in a couple of years would be enough to make a stable build). Heck, I could even imagine how funny that'd be when Onyx finished just the same as Beyond Good and Evil 2's time took to put under "early development" or even, at most, matching the development time of the Duke Nukem Forever :KEK: :KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: Creiz

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
At the time it was the best and easiest engine to use. Now after years, I know better... But I can't just switch mid-development just like that. I have most of everything done and working already.

Reactions: bazelgeuse

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
Oh wait, fam. That changes everything, now.

If it's a team? Woah. There's something fucky going on something fierce, then. 13 anims, 5 re-used? So it's basically 8, then. In 5 years?

OK, guys. My bad. I apologize. It's on me, I'm a dumbass, I'll take my L at the door.

I completely understand, now.
yeah it's pretty bad. Take another game that people have been giving some flak for slow development recently (one big update a year usually) but at least they put stuff out. The bioasshard dev team is like three people none of whom like animating or, in their own words, are particularly good at it and they've put out way more content despite overhauling the game several times, updating to new versions of unreal, working on more than one game at a time, health problems, etc. and they've still made way more in the way of animations than these guys.

This also isn't the first time eromancer had this kind of dev cycle with a game. Their last game got like four updates over four years with barely any new content to it before they dropped the game completely in favor of this one. They've been doing this for almost a decade at this point. Hell even people on the old legend of krystal forums (the place where eromancer got most of their original viewer base from) got sick of them.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
yeah it's pretty bad. Take another game that people have been giving some flak for slow development recently (one big update a year usually) but at least they put stuff out. The bioasshard dev team is like three people none of whom like animating or, in their own words, are particularly good at it and they've put out way more content despite overhauling the game several times, updating to new versions of unreal, working on more than one game at a time, health problems, etc. and they've still made way more in the way of animations than these guys.

This also isn't the first time eromancer had this kind of dev cycle with a game. Their last game got like four updates over four years with barely any new content to it before they dropped the game completely in favor of this one. They've been doing this for almost a decade at this point. Hell even people on the old legend of krystal forums (the place where eromancer got most of their original viewer base from) got sick of them.
oh wow i didnt know they came from LoK forums. the first time i saw them was from ULMF

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
I'd rather close up the Patreon and switched to SubscribeStar in full... If I were them

They could have pull another 10K+ doubloons, making their profit of the trade about, more or less 20-25K per month across two sites. I remember reading they need 16K, more or less, just to move to SubscribeStar
Why close the old one when you can still milk them off, right?

It basically give them perfect reasons to prolong the deving time since they need to make more asset now.

I'm sure one of which reason is that, they didn't have a full confidense that they used to have when opening hew backing platform, they somehow acknowledged their infamousity to a certain point.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
oh wow i didnt know they came from LoK forums. the first time i saw them was from ULMF
I wouldn't say they came exclusively from LoK but that's one of the forums where they did first advertising. They were active on the LoK forums quite a bit though. They targeted a couple forums pretty heavily. ULMF, LoK, and hongfire were the big three.

Oct 12, 2018
I wouldn't say they came exclusively from LoK but that's one of the forums where they did first advertising. They were active on the LoK forums quite a bit though. They targeted a couple forums pretty heavily. ULMF, LoK, and hongfire were the big three.
Yup, I was definitely around on ULMF enough back then to see how things progressed. Malice and the Machine was a pretty hype game at the time, and was unique/high quality for the time as well, but of course, much like things have progressed with Onyx, slow development, with lots of updates that were largely unnoticeable or uncared for technical updates. The only difference is that Malice and The Machine is truly dead at this point, which isn't a point which Onyx has hit yet, at least not officially.

Reactions: Bedead
Feb 22, 2020
Now, if you use that, well, basically that already gatekeep'd most, if not some, of the users. Not everyone has RTXs or XTXs with Alder Lake. I mean, sure I wanted to see Onyx mating press'd by Wraxe in super duper wooper HD 8K 120FPS with RTX and DLSS on as well, but then I realized the current rig I got, which is a "gaming" laptop, I can't even run a stable build of XCOM2 (which uses Unreal 3.5)

Switching engines mid-development might not be a good idea since the team has a possibility to just go back to square one and development probably go on again for another several years (and I don't think learning a new engine in a couple of years would be enough to make a stable build). Heck, I could even imagine how funny that'd be when Onyx finished just the same as Beyond Good and Evil 2's time took to put under "early development" or even, at most, matching the development time of the Duke Nukem Forever :KEK: :KEK:
I don't think you understand what a leap forward Nanite is for the engine and what it means long term for hardware requirements

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes