CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I don't think you understand what a leap forward Nanite is for the engine and what it means long term for hardware requirements
If you think you knew better, then please enlighten me with your sacred knowledge, and then I might change my mind or re-considering taking back what I said about the new engine. Or that you just thinking from your own rig, but I digress :KEK: :KEK:

But, again, it could be the ace of spades or a complete bust when Pure Onyx, a project which has been going on for quite a while, has to be redone in Unreal 5. Looking from the third-world perspective, having a good rig that at least can run Operation Lovecraft: Fallen Doll could be like... years ahead down the line...

Imagine how funny it'd be when YongYea covers Pure Onyx's development time that surpasses both Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Duke Nukem Forever while looking thru our comments here and elsewhere

Or, to a shorter straw, I couldn't even play Subverse's (which uses Unreal Engine) non-4K scenes without lagging lmao

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Why close the old one when you can still milk them off, right?

It basically give them perfect reasons to prolong the deving time since they need to make more asset now.

I'm sure one of which reason is that, they didn't have a full confidense that they used to have when opening hew backing platform, they somehow acknowledged their infamousity to a certain point.
Well, I'm just saying for myself. But for Eromancer, that (still opening up Patreon and then registering for an account at SubscribeStar) might be the case... though not sure for how long or short

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Litoningu

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I think the changelog has been posted a couple of pages ago... but thanks for reposting it

Nora Zen009

May 3, 2021
Oh wait, fam. That changes everything, now.

If it's a team? Woah. There's something fucky going on something fierce, then. 13 anims, 5 re-used? So it's basically 8, then. In 5 years?

OK, guys. My bad. I apologize. It's on me, I'm a dumbass, I'll take my L at the door.

I completely understand, now.
Go to their page on patreon, it clearly says how many people are in the team -13
( Already 14 people together with Demonu - 3D character artist )
. And the eromant himself admitted several times that he was not boom-boom in programming.

The problem with Eromancer is that it's taken too much of a pie of small and small teams of developers. I mean swung (as he himself admitted many times) to an AAAA game and not just another simple Beat 'em up.
Eromancer and his team still can't finish costumes for Onyx. And she has at least 9 of them. Problems with the Unity engine (I wouldn’t have thought that the developers of this engine would not allow you to freely play with animation), problems (large judging by the development log) with inventory and a lot of other small problems that need to be solved right there and not later someday.
The map of the world has not yet been worked out.
About what game here most say? It's not even like the alpha version of the game, it's even hard to call it a pre-alpha version.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoreNow and Buziol

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Go to their page on patreon, it clearly says how many people are in the team -13
( Already 14 people together with Demonu - 3D character artist )
. And the eromant himself admitted several times that he was not boom-boom in programming.

The problem with Eromancer is that it's taken too much of a pie of small and small teams of developers. I mean swung (as he himself admitted many times) to an AAAA game and not just another simple Beat 'em up.
Eromancer and his team still can't finish costumes for Onyx. And she has at least 9 of them. Problems with the Unity engine (I wouldn’t have thought that the developers of this engine would not allow you to freely play with animation), problems (large judging by the development log) with inventory and a lot of other small problems that need to be solved right there and not later someday.
The map of the world has not yet been worked out.
About what game here most say? It's not even like the alpha version of the game, it's even hard to call it a pre-alpha version.
This.

It's just what I said many times - project was too ambitious for them from the beginning. I admire what they were able to pull off and some vision for it...but it is clear that this project was mismanaged quite badly and at the moment it is simply being kept alive for the gains (from business perspective it is a success to keep it going, despite project being off-schedule and a failure in terms of original goals). Problems aroused around 2020 and that was the best time to actually drop it and admit the shortcomings, scalling the project down to what it should be - a sideproject of a beat'em up game.

I think they were simply too scared to do that due to the already bad rep from MatM being dropp...I mean, put on hiatus :D

I will admit that a part of me is salty that it went this way. I reaaaaallly want to believe in their honest intentions and that they simply don't know what they're doing. I visit this thread and try to keep tabs on them because I hope that something will change in the future...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
Well thats a very "fuck you I got mine" attitude you got there.

Honestly, F95 has become my "what do people think of this game" source as of late. Too many games pull this crap nowadays that a quick jaunt over here to see what other people are saying helps me decide if I should actually pledge or not.
Frankly i'm happy people are pissed about the scam. If not for people being pissed, if they had all just unsubbed and disappeared into the aether, i'd have no clue what was going on with some of these games.

It's less "I hope Eromancer sees us being upset and has a long, hard think about what they've done" and more "Buyer beware" for prospective patrons.
Agree, people always defending them because we aren't subscribed are just ignorant towards the real problem.
Paying or not, the scam is there, it's even worse when people who don't pay actually stand up and go 'Hold on, you are up to something fishy here' where the paying community remains silent. It goes without saying most of these subscribers are probably not even f95 members since they pay for their content so they remain naïve thinking it's all in good faith.
The F95 community is gold in that regard and whether you subscribe or not, it's always a good source of reviews when it comes to games.
People burn themselves too much on these subscriptions including me several years ago.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
This.

It's just what I said many times - project was too ambitious for them from the beginning. I admire what they were able to pull off and some vision for it...but it is clear that this project was mismanaged quite badly and at the moment it is simply being kept alive for the gains (from business perspective it is a success to keep it going, despite project being off-schedule and a failure in terms of original goals). Problems aroused around 2020 and that was the best time to actually drop it and admit the shortcomings, scalling the project down to what it should be - a sideproject of a beat'em up game.

I think they were simply too scared to do that due to the already bad rep from MatM being dropp...I mean, put on hiatus :D

I will admit that a part of me is salty that it went this way. I reaaaaallly want to believe in their honest intentions and that they simply don't know what they're doing. I visit this thread and try to keep tabs on them because I hope that something will change in the future...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do think some of the team DO have good intentions. There's a clear quality in the animations that they have put out. That said you've nailed some of the problems I'm guessing they have. Unity is a great engine for beginners to learn and do a couple things. Unity is a terrible engine when you're trying to do this much. On top of that I'm guessing some on the team are looking too much for perfection and Unity just isn't an engine that can give you perfection. Add perfectionists to probably a portion of the team that just want to milk this for all they can and you've got the perfect combo of game development running on for half a decade or more.

Reactions: Buziol and Creiz

Nora Zen009

May 3, 2021
Why does this game only update in the last three months of the year?!
It would be better if it didn’t update at all until Eromancer and the team are finished (completely; characters, nps, damage, clothes,
animation, physics, opponents and a heap of everything else) the initial first levels. They just started working out the battle (behavior, etc.) of the Semira boss. The rabbit girls are also not fucking ready.
What the hell is a game? Open your eyes already, stop being stupid.
P.S.- - My conscience would not allow me to take money for "such a game".
They just have a hell of a job. They had to take on a small project. Eromancer's ambitions do not match his competence in the production of games.

P.S.- Eromancer had to take a ready-made engine back then. It doesn't matter Unity or UE - they are almost the same in terms of capabilities. It's just a different input threshold. We spent so many years writing our engine and fighting technical inconsistencies. I'll honestly be glad if they complete the first levels completely at least by 2025. By God, it's a pity that such a potential just stupidly stagnates like water in a swamp.

Last edited:

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Never before I've seen something so true. To this point I'm pissed that Peach's Untold Tale was never finished.
Along with pretty much every single other game ever created using Corta’s platform. I’m fairly convinced Corta put some kind of curse on the assets when they made it freeware.

Nora Zen009

May 3, 2021
- Very interesting - and where is all this ah?Summer June 2019. And the Eromancer team has a lot of such unrealized concepts. More than 3 years have passed and nothing. But no, I’m lying - they finally added two waifu rabbits (rabbit girls don’t matter) without H-scenes. Traps that on a level with these fifu like a dog's fifth leg. And that's it.

P.S. - - It’s a pity the work (just a huge amount of work) of a programmer who actually wrote his own engine to replace the finished one. And all this work with the new engine, as well as the development of new character models, weapons and locations have sunk into oblivion. Just because Eromancer hit the urine in the head and he decided to create a new project called - "fuck you all when you wait for it" - Pure Onyx.

Last edited:

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
Just imagine a Dev TEAM “worked” 3–4 years on this trash.
I haven´t played other games from the Dev but reading the comments about them makes it look like they don´t give a shit if they finish a game as long as they get their money.
I have seen games that were developed by one person that are way more fun and you could see the passion that went in to the game, but this is utter garbage.
It makes you kinda feel bad for the people who burned their money in to this project.

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
No you can't or you would have already.
Although I agree that it´s easier said than done I think if you have the experience in programming and animation it´s definitely possible to make a game like this. But investing the time and money is the difficult part.

Last edited:

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Although I agree that it´s easier said than done I think if you have the experience in programming and animation it´s definitely possible to make a game like this but investing the time and money is the difficult part.
Agreed, these projects require pretty much full time support and a lot of people won't leave their 'normal' job.

Reactions: Donjoe81
2.80 star(s) 76 Votes