z9db781i01b

Sep 21, 2022
People sour that it takes long, it's really what it boils down too.
People are sour because ero has made decisions to make the game worse, has removed finished content from builds, constantly promises new characters that never get animated, new animations are just reskinned old ones, the actual gameplay feels like trash, for the resources they have the game is updated at a snails pace. List goes on

Brinline

May 23, 2021
I have no idea what's going on, but Good Luck! Solid talent in the team, keep up with the good work. Seems you need someone to properly manage the advertising and community, but I'm no expert. I barely can get started on making a game, myself.
Progression needs work, but I guess that's going to be polished. Just endless grind with too few attack moves and animation unlocks seems boring, but the animations themselves chefs kiss.

Last edited:

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
People are sour because ero has made decisions to make the game worse, has removed finished content from builds, constantly promises new characters that never get animated, new animations are just reskinned old ones, the actual gameplay feels like trash, for the resources they have the game is updated at a snails pace. List goes on
Sure whatever helps you sleep :3

• Angry
Reactions: Christin Eleven

( Y )

Sep 12, 2021
Wow... 5 years and this is still the same.
Honestly, there are better projects than this with a little less than 2 or even 3 years of development (And yes, with better animations).

The good thing about coming back here is that I see that many people have opened their eyes :)

fireclaws10

Jan 21, 2019
This thread has 232 pages filled with posts with a lot of valuable info, and I don't want to repeat myself, but here are a few highlights:

- The way he lied about MatM development and how he abandoned it
- The way he still pretends MatM is not abandoned, just "frozen" after 5 years.
- The way he developed (2D) Pure Onyx for a year and then abandoned it.
- The way he lied about Patreon's censorship for almost 2 years and then feigned surprise as if he didn't know what was going on.
- The way he said that Patreon's censorship wouldn't affect the game's output and then slowed down the game's output "because he needed to re-do the censored animations"
- The way he only opened a Subscribestar account after many supporters threaten to leave, and then set an unrealistic goal on it so he can continue milking both Patreon and Subscribestar (and the occasional sale on itch.io) while delivering half the amount of content that before.
- The way he announced XXXIV and then abandoned it in just a couple months
- The way he reuses "WIP content" for years over and over and over again (because he knows his supporters have the attention span and memory of a blue fish)

...and many, many, MANY, more.
to be fair, the substar is mostly because Patreon putting animation restrictions in like no rape, but the rest of it is fair. Don't think he lied about Patreon censorship, they just occasionally check in and decide to clamp down on people

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
to be fair, the substar is mostly because Patreon putting animation restrictions in like no rape, but the rest of it is fair. Don't think he lied about Patreon censorship, they just occasionally check in and decide to clamp down on people
If you go back a couple pages, you can read all the evidence I presented that proves he knew about the censorship and didn't do anything for over 2 years.
He's not responsible for Patreon's ToS, but he's responsible for procastinating and burying his head in the sand while keeping the information hidden from his supporters.

Reactions: bloodmane

sirretinee

Jul 17, 2018
If you don't like the author's approach to creating the game. Why are you all still here?
1687726312870.png
Also most of us used to pledge to Ero because most of us used to like what he was doing.

Criticisms are just as valid as compliments. F95 criticisms of games have been a great way for me to see if I should actually support a dev or not. Those "This dev has cancelled projects before" comments or the "They constantly miss release dates" or the "Things that were promised to be in-game aren't planned anymore" comments. People come here expecting a certain thing, or to learn more about a game, and if the dev doesn't do those things, then the people praising the game certainly won't be the ones to point that out.

TLDR: Buyer Beware, but who tells the Buyer to Beware if people who criticize the game aren't here?

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Also most of us used to pledge to Ero because most of us used to like what he was doing.

Criticisms are just as valid as compliments. F95 criticisms of games have been a great way for me to see if I should actually support a dev or not. Those "This dev has cancelled projects before" comments or the "They constantly miss release dates" or the "Things that were promised to be in-game aren't planned anymore" comments. People come here expecting a certain thing, or to learn more about a game, and if the dev doesn't do those things, then the people praising the game certainly won't be the ones to point that out.

TLDR: Buyer Beware, but who tells the Buyer to Beware if people who criticize the game aren't here?
Yup. I was subbed back in the MatM days. Dropped once I realized that project wasn't coming back after a few months.

Biopan

Sep 11, 2019
I use F95 to figure this stuff out as well, I've had 0 trusts for most creators since Divine Arms. Or games I like having to drastically change their content style due to Patreon.

Reactions: Tunabob2

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I like your sig, i take it :3
If you don't like the author's approach to creating the game. Why are you all still here?
My thoughts exactly, they hide their whining as "valid criticism" to better cope with it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
2.90 star(s) 77 Votes