Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
Soooo...

From what I understand, starting from basic Beat'em up, now they try to implement more RPG element like gears with rarity, farmable drop, item shop and such instead of progress further with the already solidified gameplay mechanic ?

They always came up with the 'good idea' the more time they spent working on them - I see, never change my men ... never change.

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
Soooo...

From what I understand, starting from basic Beat'em up, now they try to implement more RPG element like gears with rarity, farmable drop, item shop and such instead of progress further with the already solidified gameplay mechanic ?

They always came up with the 'good idea' the more time they spent working on them - I see, never change my men ... never change.
I do like the idea but i really am annoyed that they have focus so much on polish and side updates instead of just getting the game out and moving on.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'm, cautiously, not hopeful, but not entirely ready to write the whole project off. The minuscule amount of content right now is pretty well polished, and if the devs can ever work faster than the speed of government; the game might, one day, be in danger of becoming something worth playing. Of course I've seen games more complete than this get stuck in polish and background system hell and die.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I do like the idea but i really am annoyed that they have focus so much on polish and side updates instead of just getting the game out and moving on.
Seems to be a "thing" with these devs. The generous reading is that they're simply terrible at project management and have learned nothing from the Malice fiasco.
The cynical reading is they just put in the minimum amount of work needed to keep that Patreon dosh flowing.
乁( ͡°Ĺ̯ ͡°) ㄏ

Reactions: TJ412

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The generous reading is that they're simply terrible at project management and have learned nothing from the Malice fiasco.
And the worst thing is that this game was supposed to be a small side game after which they'd resume work on Malise and the Machine.

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
I'm not part of their list but I wonder, what if they been trying to improve, do come from their fans too ?

If so it can also be a part to blame that their fans just keep asking more and the team keep getting 'ideas' from them.

FemaLep

Nov 4, 2018
And the worst thing is that this game was supposed to be a small side game after which they'd resume work on Malise and the Machine.
This is very much true, and this was back in 2018 of all things. Within 2 years, all they have done is create the basic framework for a game, then rebuild it again from the ground up to the exact same point they were before.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not part of their list but I wonder, what if they been trying to improve, do come from their fans too ?

If so it can also be a part to blame that their fans just keep asking more and the team keep getting 'ideas' from them.
Even if they were taking alot of fan suggestions, there would still only be fault on the Eromancer team's end for not efficiently managing the scope of the game and balancing community input and time.

Jun 30, 2017

No, i don't think they get any ideals from fan, fan never asked for a complete visual overhaul for Malise and the Machine, Eromancerr did it by themself. Pure Onyx was also not fan ideal, they pulled it out anyway

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Litoningu

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
I actually like her cut where I personally called 'Lion's mane cut', aka SSJ3 looking ass head but in a usual character not a powered up one. (Edited : Actually, hers looks more like a hedgehog rather than lion's mane tho, kek)

Her character design are not that bad, for my personal taste at least, it give her a unique and very stand out look from most of mundane design of badass or fighter girl that you can spot else where, it does give her a vibe of 'I'm not all bark and not bite'

But taste aside, I do agree that it would took them another 2 or 3 months just to redesign her haircut, and even more to redesign her model to goes with said haircut, then even more so to re-render them into full colored asset, which in turn sum up to (almost)another year of no significant progress. It kinda become their usual progression rate at this point.

I just think about drop out off following up their progress to avoid more spoiler for myself at this point, then come back and see, like, after a year or so, maybe until it release and purchase them so I can rightfully review what I paid for without holding back. But the problem is, I'm afraid I might died of old ages before I can play their game, and I don't want to make this silly thing a legacy :KEK:

Last edited:

SaruSubery

Nov 10, 2017
Wow that new Charger enemy they added was depressingly easy. Couldn't they just make it so the big bad doggy don't get stunlocked with every weak punch?
Also the only thing I can kinda get behind is the semen accumulated between her thighs after multiple scenes, it was pretty ok.

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
Hasn't test the latest version just yet but IMO, having a barebone update for demo is not actually a bad thing since it's just a demo which only represent the core part of the game and keep the exciting whole other content for player to discover later when the game is fully release if they manage to full that off at least, maybe like another decade or two.

Compare with Night of Revenge which have very constant update as crowdfunding reward, it's a solid proof that they did a significant progress, however, the more you bite out of it, it essentially become a butchered pieces of full game that slowly sew themselves up to a whole, it ware down your excitement from fully finish product as you already fed up with all the content you already know from crowdfunding reward, so the responsibility lies with the backer whether they will keep some surprise for themselves or just keep bite them off just like a play tester, which also mandatory for bug-buster the game.

If what these guys plan are to kept the juice for themselves and only release what represent their game only in a first stage of demo, I think I'm not having much problem with them at this point. again, assuming that they will get it done in a decade or two

My opinion however, still didn't justify their progress of almost 2-3 years in this game with 6-7 worker, proclaimed to work full time, and only manage to done out this little, all this sum up all the material, asset, plan and direction they picked, compare with actual AAA full of controversy like Anthem with in a spend of 1 year, creating the game from grounds up with their actual big team make more reasonable progress then erm group who proclaimed that they work full time and only ready the asset up to full 2 playable stages at best.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 76 Votes