Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
It's amazing how terrible the new animation is. It looks so stiff and funky.
IMHO there are 2 reasons for that:

1st reason - It's a 3D animation in a fixed camera 3D environment. There is a reason why H-animations in action games work better in 2D, and the reason is that the animator sees the same as the player. A 3D animator can rotate the camera while creating the animation, but the player won't be able to do so (without the proper tools and without disrupting the gameflow - not that Pure Onyx has much gameplay, but that's another topic). If you watch the animation as it is (without rotating the camera), you can notice that the view angle is not the best. This is also the reason why most H-animations in games are done with the characters in a profile view.

2nd reason - Patreon's non-asleep censorship. My guess is that the original concept was to have the Brute bearhug Onyx until she passes out and then fuck her like a semi-concious (or even unconcious) ragdoll. But Patreon doesn't allow that - what to do then? Eromancer - in his infinite wisdom - thinks he can bypass the censorship by making Onyx do an ahegao face. She's liking it, right? - therefore is consensual rape. Sadly, it works (censors aren't the sharpest tools in the shed) and bypasses the censorship - but the end result is, as you pointed out, stiff and funky - because Onyx's body is animated as if her arms and legs are limp, but her face enjoys the ride.

I said this before and I say it again, as long as Eromancer complies with Patreon's BS the animations will be slower in quantity and worse in quality. And every passing month Eromancer proves me right.

Ironclad

Jun 10, 2018
The old excuses don't work anymore either. Subscribestar is a mature platform. He could switch and give backers what they want anytime. It was never a real issue honestly. Plenty of people only release sfw content on patreon and just tell people to get the complete version off itch or elsewhere.

Reactions: Enigmanic
2.90 star(s) 77 Votes