Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
I've been watching Elzee's ci-en since they started Tunnel Escape but never felt enthused enough to shell out for a trial version, somehow never caught wind of this incident for how big it seems to be. Seems I dodged a bullet in hindsight, how bad was this malicious code? (I know this is off topic, but I'm too curious now)
From what I can tell (MCP, MCDST) is there is no permanent damage, I don't know if Defender isolated some of it before it could fully execute or this was the limit of the malicious code. What happened was when you put in a old supporter code to unlock content (code updates often, every few days, hours or whenever Elzee wants to), it cause an immediate slow down of the OS. Its like your OS was running and only outputting a frame every second. Even the mouse inputs where slowed down. It was impossible to run any diagnostics during the event to track what happened. Only log created was the isolation of the file in Defender. During this slowdown, it managed to open a website on your default browser to a site meme'ing on software piracy and shaming it. I didn't nab the url as I was in damage control, The only option was the hard shutdown via the powerbutton.

It seems rather benign, limited to some forced crashing of the game (which would be fine, as a typical, oldschool punishment for pirating) but quite a few people report weird behaviour of their PC after that. There is a huge suspicion that Elzee, in his paranoia and damaged pride (which makes sense because people went a bit over with their gloating in his face), decided to implement a malicious script that goes overboard and may hurt legitimate supporters as well.

I've stopped watching the drama after that but I know his code generation was linked to his other patreon (hijacking the mechanics against ToS?) and that Patreon account was banned for that...

It's actually VERY EASY to get your Patreon locked if you deviate from ToS and the Sauron's Eye decides to watch you at that moment...
It did effect supporters, I was on the discord after it happened for about 2 days before Elzee banned me for being associated with F95. A mistype of the supporter code was cause them to also be hit by the malcious code. There was no warning to the supporters this was put in place either. Elzee did come into the forum and his game's threat to boast and shame the people in that thread, F95 and piracy in general. A day later his comments were deleted but you can see some replies that quoted his posts still.

---

I'm all for devs putting in DRM and trying to protect their property. I make copywrited material myself and like to protect it. My content has been pirated to no suprize. I accept it and do the little I can while not being an ass about it. Sometimes its flattering honestly. But once you cross that line of being malicious and damaging... Honestly, I think what bugged me most about Elzee is he affected his paying supporters by doing this. Overall I hope Elzee learns from this and straitens up. The guy has talent that could be better served by focusing on the things that matter.

Last edited:

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
I don't see why it's interesting at all. We're pirates, I'm perfectly aware that piracy is immoral, but that doesn't mean I have to act arrogantly entitled to something or be a dick about it. I don't believe the majority of people within the community are like this either. Although we may pirate, we do want developers to succeed, so they can continue making said content.

Yes, report any posts you see that are supporting/condoning/admitting to this practice.
I don't pirate cause I'm proud of being a pirate. I don't do it to stick it to the man or some silliness. I pirate cause I'm poor.
So I absolutely want the various devs to succeed. Please support them! That way they'll make even MORE content for us! I'm just too poor to do it myself...

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Holy shit guys, I hate to use this word but it fits perfectly. How entitled do you have to be to mass report a game you're pirating and paying nothing for, hoping the developer's livelihood is cut off, because updates aren't being released fast enough for your liking, or the direction isn't what you want? The sheer level of delusion displayed would be impressive if there weren't serious consequences at stake.

We have zero tolerance for this shit. Anyone engaging or supporting actions like this will be perma banned, no warnings, no second chances. If you think this is a good idea, we don't want you as a member, and I direct you to fapnation or svscomics.
Thank you, its become a theme all to familiar int this forum

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you, its become a theme all to familiar int this forum
Then i guess you or the mods have no issue providing proof of other instances of mass reports coming from this very forum, preferably backed by vile Russians.

Looking forward to seeing the receipts (y)

Again, not saying that this is ok to do, no matter who does it. I already spoke out against it, but just throwing accusations around without proof, is just acting like clowns. Just because Eromancer threw a fit on Twitter lmfao. Man literally went on record saying " Yes, a significant element of the board is interested in damaging western businesses and influence. They are defended by the same DDOS protection service as the Russian MoD"

How entitled do you have to be, to see a conspiracy against "western businesses and influence", just because some nutters reported your Project on Patreon? And what is it with the weird hateboner against Russians?

PLENTY of other projects on here, that are getting strong reactions because of the lack of output, change in direction in said project etc. and yet none of them came up with tinfoilhat theories, as to why people might act that way. Funny how that goes :BootyTime:

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Holy shit guys, I hate to use this word but it fits perfectly. How entitled do you have to be to mass report a game you're pirating and paying nothing for, hoping the developer's livelihood is cut off, because updates aren't being released fast enough for your liking, or the direction isn't what you want? The sheer level of delusion displayed would be impressive if there weren't serious consequences at stake.

We have zero tolerance for this shit. Anyone engaging or supporting actions like this will be perma banned, no warnings, no second chances. If you think this is a good idea, we don't want you as a member, and I direct you to fapnation or svscomics.
ok, i am new here: so i don't know. what is fapnations and SVScomics?

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Then i guess you or the mods have no issue providing proof of other instances of mass reports coming from this very forum, preferably backed by vile Russians.

Looking forward to seeing the receipts (y)

Again, not saying that this is ok to do, no matter who does it. I already spoke out against it, but just throwing accusations around without proof, is just acting like clowns. Just because Eromancer threw a fit on Twitter lmfao. Man literally went on record saying " Yes, a significant element of the board is interested in damaging western businesses and influence. They are defended by the same DDOS protection service as the Russian MoD"

How entitled do you have to be, to see a conspiracy against "western businesses and influence", just because some nutters reported your Project on Patreon? And what is it with the weird hateboner against Russians?

PLENTY of other projects on here, that are getting strong reactions because of the lack of output, change in direction in said project etc. and yet none of them came up with tinfoilhat theories, as to why people might act that way. Funny how that goes :BootyTime:
I don't think they were referring to actual mass-report attacks, but more the entitlement coming from forum members which is a problem here. I also don't think Ero is acting out because of entitlement (...well maybe financial entitlement), but more as a campaign to drive attention and symphony to his work. I mean why else drive up this elaborate agenda?

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
ok, i am new here: so i don't know. what is fapnations and SVScomics?
SVScomics is a somewhat shady looking but mostly legit website that has ONLY links to direct downloads of H-stuff. Not just games but also doujins, western comics etc. No dramas, politics or community.

For me it was first source of "non-flash" h-games OUTSIDE of Ulmf forum (way back in 2013-2015).
Even if you don't download from there, it's a good source of info on what new updates are there for a lot of games. Like, you take a look and see "oh, Eromancer game is updated, I'll take a look at F95 or ulmf and see what's it all about".

Just remember to always read on who is an uploader and be kinda wary of any "non-Master" ranked users with less than few hundreds uploads because there's some increased risk of malware there. Better yet, wait a few days and look into comments if someone had any problems there.

And always have your adblock on because screenshots there are often hosted on adware infested websites, so you will have unnecesary flags all over the place by your AV just because of their existance.

EDIT: I almost forgot that there were also Animesharing and Hongfire (before constant link purges and russian ddos onslaught)...good times, simpler times...when pirate ships were free, bounty plentiful and no censorship took place...you could be as edgy as you wanted without hiding in the countless 4chan/8chan mirrors.

Last edited:

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
SVScomics is a somewhat shady looking but mostly legit website that has ONLY links to direct downloads of H-stuff. Not just games but also doujins, western comics etc. No dramas, politics or community.

For me it was first source of "non-flash" h-games OUTSIDE of Ulmf forum (way back in 2013-2015).
Even if you don't download from there, it's a good source of info on what new updates are there for a lot of games. Like, you take a look and see "oh, Eromancer game is updated, I'll take a look at F95 or ulmf and see what's it all about".

Just remember to always read on who is an uploader and be kinda wary of any "non-Master" ranked users with less than few hundreds uploads because there's some increased risk of malware there. Better yet, wait a few days and look into comments if someone had any problems there.

And always have your adblock on because screenshots there are often hosted on adware infested websites, so you will have unnecesary flags all over the place by your AV just because of their existance.

EDIT: I almost forgot that there were also Animesharing and Hongfire (before constant link purges and russian ddos onslaught)...good times, simpler times...when pirate ships were free, bounty plentiful and no censorship took place...you could be as edgy as you wanted without hiding in the countless 4chan/8chan mirrors.
thnx for the info.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
I don't think they were referring to actual mass-report attacks, but more the entitlement coming from forum members which is a problem here. I also don't think Ero is acting out because of entitlement (...well maybe financial entitlement), but more as a campaign to drive attention and symphony to his work. I mean why else drive up this elaborate agenda?
Critique ≠ Entitlement though. An awful lot of people confuse the two. How criticism is worded is ofc another thing, which unfortunately leads to people seeming entitled, just because they can't voice their criticism in a constructive way instead of babyraging (however justified that may be in some cases). But just because the wording might be off, doesn't change the fact that there are valid points made,depending on topic. And in this case, Pure Onyx and Eromancer as a whole, criticism is justified. I don't have to point out why, this dead horse has been beaten time and time again.

Sure, one could argue that just because you are not paying for stuff, you are not allowed to criticise it. But keep in mind, that if certain creators put in more of an actual effort there is the possibility, that people would end up actually supporting. However slim that possibility might be.

Personally, i supported various H - Projects on Patreon in the past, that i stopped supporting for various reasons. Eromancer with Malise and the Machine was one of them (Uploaded the Artbook here for example, which curiously ended up on svscomics hours later, back when i was still a Patreon of Eromancer ). And there are ones that i still support.

It just pains me to see, that Devs that are putting in real effort and provide quality content are but at a mere fraction of the income that projects like Pure Onyx generate. And yes, there are some entitled people on here, that can't be bothered paying like 1$ a month for updates on certain projects and keep begging for updates for a game, they obviously enjoy. Those are part of the problem.

But acting like this whole forum is just full of people that behave that way or even worse, support baseless accusations of mass reporting, just because of one instance that went "somewhat public" or whatever you want to call it...yeah that is a headscratcher for me personally, ngl.

There are level headed discussions / feedback on this forum, as well as drama / asinine shitflinging. But as it often goes, the more negative aspects are sadly getting more traction.
View attachment it_is_what_it_is.mp4

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Critique ≠ Entitlement though. An awful lot of people confuse the two. How criticism is worded is ofc another thing, which unfortunately leads to people seeming entitled, just because they can't voice their criticism in a constructive way instead of babyraging (however justified that may be in some cases). But just because the wording might be off, doesn't change the fact that there are valid points made,depending on topic. And in this case, Pure Onyx and Eromancer as a whole, criticism is justified. I don't have to point out why, this dead horse has been beaten time and time again.

Sure, one could argue that just because you are not paying for stuff, you are not allowed to criticise it. But keep in mind, that if certain creators put in more of an actual effort there is the possibility, that people would end up actually supporting. However slim that possibility might be.

Personally, i supported various H - Projects on Patreon in the past, that i stopped supporting for various reasons. Eromancer with Malise and the Machine was one of them (Uploaded the Artbook here for example, which curiously ended up on svscomics hours later, back when i was still a Patreon of Eromancer ). And there are ones that i still support.

It just pains me to see, that Devs that are putting in real effort and provide quality content are but at a mere fraction of the income that projects like Pure Onyx generate. And yes, there are some entitled people on here, that can't be bothered paying like 1$ a month for updates on certain projects and keep begging for updates for a game, they obviously enjoy. Those are part of the problem.

But acting like this whole forum is just full of people that behave that way or even worse, support baseless accusations of mass reporting, just because of one instance that went "somewhat public" or whatever you want to call it...yeah that is a headscratcher for me personally, ngl.

There are level headed discussions / feedback on this forum, as well as drama / asinine shitflinging. But as it often goes, the more negative aspects are sadly getting more traction.
Yeah, I agree pretty much on all of it. I too supported Ero back in the MatM days up to the point of the sudden abandonment and shift to PO. There is a lot of baseless criticism here, and what I mean is simple 1 sentance "I dont like X" and give no rhyme, reason or suggestions. But there are those that fly off on devs that don't give these people what they want. Although 99.9% of it leads to nothing. Here in this case.. I understand the frustration. Honestly if it was reported for scam, and not bestiality I have even less issue with it because there is some subjective truth to it. Also people she be free to voice what grievances they have with the games here. It helps shape the outlooks of those that actually bother to read into the post history. But lastly I agree with Sam that F95 should be left out of any "campaign". F95 has one objective, we shouldn't do anything to ruin that.

Reactions: ProgessiveDetailed

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
1705390767709.png 1705391005351.png
Russian or not it doesn't matter, those are users from this site and its not hard to see how infested this threat is with hate towards him. It's easy to see what the intent is here. I'm myself have become a known figure to dislike because i "defend" him, that's how bad it's gotten. Nothing i've said has even been that crazy, people just like to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion because i simply don't side with them and their entitled nature. You're seriously saying its hard to believe any act of resentment came from this thread? What world are you living in? What more proof do you need then ppl actually admitting themselves.
Critique ≠ Entitlement though. An awful lot of people confuse the two. How criticism is worded is ofc another thing, which unfortunately leads to people seeming entitled
what critique? its literally the same people over and over, the main "critique" is that he does not put out enough content so what else is there left? You put out more "critique" than there is content.

Last edited:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
View attachment 3267226 View attachment 3267247
Russian or not it doesn't matter, those are users from this site and its not hard to see how infested this threat is with hate towards him. It's easy to see what the intent is here. I'm myself have become a known figure to dislike because i "defend" him, that's how bad it's gotten. Nothing i've said has even been that crazy, people just like to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion because i simply don't side with them and their entitled nature. You're seriously saying its hard to believe any act of resentment came from this thread? What world are you living in? What more proof do you need then ppl actually admitting themselves.
How about you stop reigniting the issue? It was already said that some things went out of proportion among posters, some actions were taken to remedy that, end of the story.

Whether report to Patreon was justified or not is no longer a matter of debate at this point because it is up to Patreon to decide what's next.

And regardless of what you and Eromancer may believe, no, there was no organized hate-fueled conspiracy to report him. As was said a few times, to report hidden content, you need to support him. I highly doubt there was a huge influx of supporters recently, so that's about it.

I myself am a man of integrity and like I promised, I would never support him TILL he moves to SS entirely and changes modus operandi. I don't hate the project nor the people, merely their practices. A sentiment, I believe, many here share and simply vote with their wallets...

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
You're seriously saying its hard to believe any act of resentment came from this thread? What world are you living in? What more proof do you need then ppl actually admitting themselves.
You yourself linking the exact three people that i already mentioned and that also are on the Eromancer Tweet, is honestly far beyond hilarious. Where did i say, that it is hard to believe resentment coming from this thread? It is not,quite the contrary. I implied the opposite, although granted i didn't make a definite statement on that matter and thought me implying as much was enough. Apparently not. Stop putting words in my mouth, that i never said pretty please. Don't know how much clearer i can be, having already mentioned EXACTLY the three responses you bothered with providing screenshots for. I am talking about DEFINITE PROOF, how often do i have to repeat myself here? So far, we have one person that stated that they reported his Patreon. And even then, again....we do not know if they are taking the piss or not. There is nothing i can't stand more than just making statements about a whole group of peole, in that case this forum. Based on the asinine actions of a few.

"Nothing i've said has even been that crazy, people just like to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion" --> "Yes, a significant element of the board is interested in damaging western businesses and influence. They are defended by the same DDOS protection service as the Russian MoD."

You mean, blowing things out of proportion like claiming that an ENTIRE Forum as a WHOLE (i would have been more on board with this, if Eromancer would only mention this thread. But as stated before, all the constructive conversations on this board get "swept under the rug" in favor of painting this forum in as much of a bad way as possible) is out here mass reporting? That is allegedly backed by Russians (and yes, it DOES matter if someone just pulls out "facts" like that out of their ass, targeting a specific demographic) as well as those ridicilous claims of wanting to damage western businesses yada yada?

Not saying you are wrong on the whole blown out of proportion aspect, again on the contrary. But you can't complain about that one and then just choose to ignore everything eromancer said in his tweet, come on now.

what critique? its literally the same people over and over, the main "critique" is that he does not put out enough content so what else is there left? You put out more "critique" than there is content.
Not enough Content is one of the critques, among other things, yeah. And you can put it in quotation marks as much as you like, it is still valid critique. And just because said critique gets repeated over and over again, doesn't make it any less justified. As tedious and annoying as it might get. I definetly agree on there being more critique then there is content, which is why i went with "And in this case, Pure Onyx and Eromancer as a whole, criticism is justified. I don't have to point out why, this dead horse has been beaten time and time again".

Just to quote myself here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Checked the Twitter just now, that is indeed the case.

Sadly, he is taking the reply of one moderator here as definite proof that mass reports from F95 is what caused this.

But it looks like he will be bringing back cut content, now that Patreon isn't an option anymore. So there is that.

(other tweets where he goes on further about F95 being the literal devil, but you can look these up on your own)

Honestly i think this turn of events is most unfortunate, even if screaming bloody murder with unproven outrageous accusations wasn't the way to handle things on his part imho. Can't really fathom why Patreon decides to nuke his account this time around, when it was fine before. Patreon as a whole sadly just seems to be less and less an option for H - Content focused games etc. No matter if i agree with the business practices of some of the "H - creators" on there or not.

If Subscribestar added Paypal to their payment methods, that would help out a great deal. The reason why i can't support creators on Subscribestar, is because i simply don't have a credit card. And i can't be bothered getting one and paying fees, just for H - Games. Because the vast majority of the ones i want to support, are luckily on Patreon still.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
In the past we've considered it under rule 1 - "opinions are fine, attacks are not", you can't get much more of an attack than actively trying to destroy someone's livelihood. If we see an increase in incidents like this, we'll spell it out in black and white.
Honestly, you should do that anyway. From the Harem game thread that got nuked to people reporting various games because they get upset about it's existence, people already do this on a regular basis. Perhaps not on a large scale, but many if not most of them originate from here.

People don't seem to understand that being a pirate doesn't mean you can be an asshole and try to have devs you dislike banned from their support sites.

Reactions: TotalDegenerate

erdi06

Aug 5, 2023
In Eromancer's own words, Pure Onyx is:

"The goal is to take part of the team and get a very fun and accessible side project built in Unity with a much smaller scope than MATM to you and to retailers ASAP. The game will take place in MATM's world, and act as an introduction to MATM's setting, the theme, the denizens of New Babylon, and even some of the characters. It will require MUCH less overhead development time, and what you'll see in this update is from only two weeks spent on pre-visualization."

That quote is from Sep 21, 2018.
Clearly $20K+/month for his team of 10+ people (+freelancers) is not enough to finish the game in 5+ years.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nope, not anytime soon.
WOW, that big information for me, i didnt pay attention

so do you know how long the game will be finished, or at least 88% close to complete

i really like this game, but the world is going crazy now, i hope they can finish the game before the world goes more crazy, cuz it will be more difficult

let's pray they can make it

2.90 star(s) 77 Votes