KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
The way I see it, Ero 'shouldnt' have a problem if all the people who backed them simply move to SS. And if they can't get a majority of those backers back, its very easy to assume Ero was milking people who forgot to remove their subscription.

Obviously it's in Ero's right to be pissed off they lost a good chunk of revenue (And valuable backer information), but there's only so much twitter spamming you can do before you realize you should just start releasing content more consistently and abundantly to raise morale of the community and get backers back.

Actions speak louder than words, and Ero is saying a lot of words.
In reality land, no one cares about what's holding your game back or what misfortunes you're going through. Deep down, your customers want to know the product they invested in is progressing meaningfully, will get to them sooner than later, and bare minimum functions enough to play.

Though all they really have to do is do exactly that for a month or two, get backers back, and go right back to their current schedule to fuck people over again anyway. What the hell do I know.
I mean despite the hate ppl will always stick around. They talk as much as the one they accuse, so the "criticism" doesn't really matter. He knows he can drop a big update anytime he wants and ppl will come running back despite the time. No one is truly "done" with the game. Thus he can take it slow and make it how he wants, end result is the same. So just wait, you've been doing that already.

GeetDeek'd

Sep 4, 2022
Lotta drama since I last looked here, damn, anyways I hope we can get some cyber horses now like in Taimanin.

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Yes, Eromancer COULD use the opportunity to release content more frequently to attract new supporters...

...and MAYBE he will, for a few months. But I don't expect much.

However, he has made changes so far. He's milking his current supporters even harder.

The Subscribestar monthly tiers have gone up:
- Void Dweller Tier from $5 to $8
- Inner Circle Tier from $10 to $12
- Exarch Tier from $15 to $18

And the total Subscribestar goal (quote)
"The amount we need to cover our monthly expenses after our removal by Patreon. Help us break even!"
- From $13,666 to $18,000

The itch.io cost has also been increased from $6 to $8

I agree the game has potential, but it will never get better as long as Eromancer is in charge.

Flossa

Feb 9, 2022
Did the update where all the removed content got added back in happen yet? I see people saying it just got updated but all the releases I see are for the December build? I might just be dumb but I dunno lol

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Lotta drama since I last looked here, damn, anyways I hope we can get some cyber horses now like in Taimanin.
This is kinda concerning...I kinda get it but it's awfully specific...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And the total Subscribestar goal (quote)
"The amount we need to cover our monthly expenses after our removal by Patreon. Help us break even!"
- From $13,666 to $18,000
Help us break even....there is some really dark JuJu going on with this math again...I tried to apply general european average (excluding places like Switzerland and Norway for obvious reasons) to it and something feels off, even with as much as 13 people working on the project full time (which we know is not true).
Not saying they shouldn't be supported right now, just that this "break even" makes me double guess the sincerity...

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Wait...so Eromancer has $13,666 on Subscribestar + what he got from Patreon in the past?

Thought Subscribestar would be way less tbh.

"Our service fee is only 5%. We can make it lower per our sole discretion. Some profiles request extra services and agree on individual fees" --> From the Subscribestar FAQ.

5% of $13,666 is $683.3...which isn't pocketchange, but that still leaves Eromancer with about 13k a month.

What kind of monthly expenses do they have, that over 13k a month don't cut it :WaitWhat:

(Ignoring the fact, that it used to be more with Patreon in the past)

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Wait...so Eromancer has $13,666 on Subscribestar + what he got from Patreon in the past?

Thought Subscribestar would be way less tbh.

"Our service fee is only 5%. We can make it lower per our sole discretion. Some profiles request extra services and agree on individual fees" --> From the Subscribestar FAQ.

5% of $13,666 is $683.3...which isn't pocketchange, but that still leaves Eromancer with about 13k a month.

What kind of monthly expenses do they have, that over 13k a month don't cut it :WaitWhat:

(Ignoring the fact, that it used to be more with Patreon in the past)

No. $13,666 was the amount Eromancer set up on to fully migrate Pure Onyx from Patreon to Subscribestar, not how much he was making there. Now he has raised the goal from $13,666 to $18,000 to "break even".

Last month he was making around $6,500 on Subscribestar + over $20,000 on Patreon.

Last edited:

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Ah ok, then i read it wrong.

"From $13,666 to $18,000" sounded to me like they are at $13,666 and would need $18k. $6500 is rather low compared to the what used to be 20k from Patreon, ngl.

BUT given the fact that Eromancer used to have both in the past, i can't help but ask myself once again, what the money was used for in the past...given the slow progress of this game overall.

Imho the only thing that would REALLY stop people from transitioning to Subscribestar from Patreon, is the fact that you need a credit card and can't use paypal (this is a issue for me personally for example).

Taking into account, that they don't have to adhere to Patreon Guidelines anymore with the Contents of their game (get ride of those abysmal new "struggle" animations and reintroduce the old ones for starters), i see the Subscribestar Numbers only going up.

Because the folks that kept up with Eromancer and the overall output so far and kept supporting, imho aren't likely to stop their support now out of the blue.

Reactions: Zepheral
2.90 star(s) 77 Votes