Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Can somebody describe me how sex is working here? Because I'm frustrated like @#$%:
1) Are words about girls arousal mean something? Seems they're correlated with pulsing heart icon... and WHAT's next?! o_O
2) Why girls are suddenly stop sex actions? They still have vitality (me too) and AP. They don't have bad traits (like lesbian) or I don't tried to take their virginity - but they're just suddenly upset and go away. o_O
3) Why slave (!) girl is "unhappy that unable to please me" after I'd played with her body? What the hell?
4) We're in city of succubus or what? Random free girl in sex (fighter-mage lacking any sex skills or sex-related traits) scene suddenly go for anal then for a footjob... Excuse me? There is no corruption/lewdness system behind their acts, just stupid randomness and every girl in city is complete slut since day0? >_<

Seems that this part of game lack any polish at all (as it's lack info in game wiki too). Very upset about it =/

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
2: I think it depends on her personality, relationship with the girl, and experience. Girls with weakness in both of those will only allow maybe 3 sex actions before they want or force the sexing to end. When I go to try to have sex with a skill prostitute that has high disposition with me, it can last like 6+ rounds.

3: For the best outcome possible, you need to be satisfied with the sex as well as the girl. If the girl's sex skills are weak enough, it's likely to upset her on finish in the same way it would upset her if your sex skills are low/non existent. Try giving her a Sex Manual and/or Manual of Two Roses for a week each before you attempt sex stuff to avoid that. If either of you are completely missing a sex skill in your the skill window, you're gunna have a bad time trying to use that. Vaginal or Anal can satisfy you both in one action if properly skilled. Just remember you want both of you to orgasm without a negative description before the sexin ends.

Also you can have sex multiple times with a girl in a day without penalty after she says she wants to end sex, it just uses up more AP. There's no penalty otherwise. At least in like 2-3 times in a row that I've tested.

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
3) Why slave (!) girl is "unhappy that unable to please me" after I'd played with her body? What the hell?
'Both parties having at least one orgasm' sounds like a fine definition of good sex imho. I, for one, am glad slaves are treated as women and not some sex toy. Even prostitutes and sex slaves are people and have feelings, I'm glad the game's mechanics reflects that.

Man, the class system is a real bummer. Find a girl I like but she's not for a position I need/want her in, no reason to grab her.
Yep, that's uncool. Go to game/content/chars and search for *.json. No good way around that, and it'll only affect newly generated girls (ie a new game is preferable). There isn't much point to a non-slave SIW, nor to a slave fighter. All slaves should get the 'Prostitute' trait imo, and I had to edit 124 files to get where I wanted it to...

That said, one can question the contributor's choices/logic, but I'm still thankful for them taking from their time to flesh out Pytfall for us lazy bums' benefit :p Pytfall is designed to randomize characters (the rchars folder) but most packs don't take advantage of that, and it shows.
(I mean, Erza... Not a knight or even a fighter, and the only one from FT who'd end up a slave? I get the 'flashing' part but still...)

The game could use some way to reset classes (like the regression potion from Strive) and to change status - like quests where a free girls offers you to be your slave after you help her out of a big bind; perhaps depending on personality/lifestyle. Alternatively, a Class trainer to make class changes with an hefty cost/time. But that'd be a lot to code, and even more to write/scenarize.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
'Both parties having at least one orgasm' sounds like a fine definition of good sex imho. I, for one, am glad slaves are treated as women and not some sex toy. Even prostitutes and sex slaves are people and have feelings, I'm glad the game's mechanics reflects that.
I see your logic. Problem that:
1) Game mechanic currently have same interactions for slaves & free workers (aside combat stuff). And this is extremely boring.
2) I'm tried with foreplay (grope-kissing-licking) so girl get at least one orgasm yourself. Why she (being slave) should be UNHAPPY from that (-Joy & disposition) is beyond my understanding. She should be glad that I not forced her into something.

Plus it's really annoying that foreplay actions simply useless as they're eating same limit as actual sex actions. It's counter-intuitive that starting sex actions with a kiss or striptease is a BAD idea. o_O

But that'd be a lot to code, and even more to write/scenarize.
It's actually very easy to code (as you already can add/remove classes via console + game have very few classes), but yes, some work to write & find some art.

I get a few new questions. ^_^

1) Are items with +defense/evasion or multipliers stack? Or they work same as max stats bonus from items - only best bonus will be applied?

2) How common mobs with immunities & very high resistances in late game? Currently I'm using MH with +75% dark magic and found that it's better to stick with darkness and ignore enemies weakness (seems that weakness is only ~30-50% additional damage). I really hope that lategame will lack tons of enemies immune to all but single element so darkness + one or two elements as reserve will be more then enough for me. I'm right?

3) Do arena fights have "hidden" items that you can get ONLY from single monsters group? Or you can safely explore arena without grinding over and over each level again only to make sure that you get all possible items from them?

P.S. I don't suspect that devs are reading here, but guys, c'mon. Currently is 2019, not 1999. Hiding from player exact damage values of his skills & exact bonuses from gear is a lame. Same with resistances / weakness - if you're run into them with your attack it should be shown in combat log (at least!). Even modern jap games are less grindy&unfriendly in that case =/

Waveshaper

Oct 19, 2018
P.S. I don't suspect that devs are reading here, but guys, c'mon. Currently is 2019, not 1999. Hiding from player exact damage values of his skills & exact bonuses from gear is a lame.
Well - just to be fair here; building a battle system in an 'engine' made for VNs AND giving the player a pefectly thought out, state of the art UI/UX is a bit much to expect from a hobby project. I mean - I can think of a dozen AAA games released this very year that are presenting UI/UX experiences that seem to be done by botchers - so we should keep being realistic here.

PS.: Someone in this thread has posted modified game files a while ago that make some hidden stats of items and other things visible in the UI. You might have to look for it, it's somehwere.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
PS.: Someone in this thread has posted modified game files a while ago that make some hidden stats of items and other things visible in the UI. You might have to look for it, it's somehwere.
Yes, I'm using it (thanks to Cmann !) and even modified to detail only combat stats. And this is why I'd mention it - it's VERY easy to code. So I really don't understand why it isn't part of vanila game.

Reactions: Cmann

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Oh didn't know about that, I might pick that up too. There's a ton of shit I'd like better explained with the way stats works. It's hard to know what's worth raising for each girl, the stat/job descriptions are super vague.

Worst is the risk system in exploration guild. Without explaining how those risk numbers work, they might as well be letters. Is 45 high? Can a strong enough team overcome a higher level of risk? What even is considered a strong team for an area? Can the chance of death ever be 0? Who knows. Let's just gamble on the lives of our party members, lol. All these numbers and no context for what they mean.

I've also been looking for that agility training misc item from the arena for quite a while. Mostly fighting slimes or harpies. I heard somebody say it drops from the first mobs or something, no idea if it drops elsewhere either. Really don't wanna spam fight goblins for weeks just to find out I coulda gotten it fighting something that has better rewards. I'm going to assume they wouldn't lock something that good at all points in the game behind the absolute weakest mob in the bestiary, that's also easily skippable....but who knows.

Also, people post their finances? I'm curious how everybody else does. This is my second long playthrough, I think I'm about at the point I stopped at the last one like 50 days early lol. I tried working on the brothel more this time but I'm about 8-9x the profit of it from fishing/diving mostly. Some of those items are from arena and such. Also finally got to the point where I'm tired of trying to read all the end turn info lol. Would be nice if the text descriptions mention when a girl finishes reading a book btw.

Looking at that reminds me that I can never find classes when I need them either and just kinda gave up on them.

Last edited:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
I've also been looking for that agility training misc item from the arena for quite a while.
I get +1 agi / +1 def training item from amazons just now. Currently seems that next level of arena is including previous items. Also seems no difference between 1-1 and 3-3 fights against monsters (and IMHO in most cases 1-on-1 is much easier, at least for my char).

UPD. Get same agility training golem from harpies too. With a bunch of low-level items too =/ So it's really seems that you can't miss rewards from previous levels of arena.

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Simple mod to loot function. Weeds out 50% of the lesser tiered loot, cumulatively. You'll get loot more adequate to the difficulty, less Goblin rewards when you tackle Envoys of lust.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Looted "Codex of the Arcana" from arena, read it and ... get instead of +50 max Magic only ~ +20. What. The. Hell?! I'm feeling betrayed (especially since today I found that bestiary is lying about mob stats) :mad:

More I'm playing, more I'm feeling that current item system is a mess - some bonuses stack, some not...

Also a tiny advice : player mages are broken OP (at least compared with NPC mages). Because basic +65% to single element making enemy elemental weakness completely redundant (+65% dark magic basic single-target spell deal more damage to enemy then +25% water basic single-target spell for enemy with water weakness). Don't know, may be player melee/archers are strong too, but if you're mage - then go as pure damage dealer and leave support spellcasting for NPC.

@sandsea_urchin thank you a lot for this mod!

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Anybody know if the Statue of the Sex Goddess is worth it for a brothel? +20 Job effectiveness for like 30-40k in materials or something crazy seems really excessive. All the brothel upgrades seem kinda stupidly priced for the profits you make with them. Maybe it's better at higher tier brothels. Not even sure exactly what "Job effectiveness" does, but it sounds kinda like it'd only be useful if your whores aren't already making max profits.

Also, does anybody know if there are any penalties to having a character's exp drained with the extractors beyond the obvious exp loss? I like using them to try to even out my girl's levels. Having some girls in mid teens and others in 60+ is kinda obnoxious. One of the smartest additions in the game for the ocd folks if there's no penalty to it. Doesn't lower level or tier, and I assume EXP can just go on forever? Seems like you could maybe exploit it by picking up some trash girl from the slave market, sucking her dry, then getting rid of her though. Maybe there's some level/exp cap to it.

Last edited:

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Is there any way of getting rid of girls you don't want and make them disappear from the friends list?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Is there any way of getting rid of girls you don't want and make them disappear from the friends list?
I think over time their affection will drop until they fall off the list, though that could take a very long time. If you're still at the point where they won't accept sex with you or something, you can spam that and see if their relationship drops quicker. Sadly even breaking up with a girl or her refusing to be hired by you multiple times doesn't seem to lower the relationship. I only have girls I'm dating to test on atm. Other option is waiting till you can hire them, then "One for all"ing them or selling them I suppose.

But nah, I don't think there's any quick way to get them off the list if your relationship with them is pretty far along.

Last edited:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
But nah, I don't think there's any quick way to get them off the list if your relationship with them is pretty far along.
Console :) Hire - use console to enslave - then one for all potion is a long way, but satisfying sometimes. Also you may use console to reduce relationship too.

You need console & start dialogue with girl then :

char.disposition = 0

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Damn wish this game/discord was more active.
Same, been following this game forever now. The issue is that this was originally a passion project. Many of the original contributers are gone, and the two remaining are apart of a group of three that makes other games. They cant focus purely on Pytfall because the third guy is an artist, not a programmer. Pytfall has no need for an artist. Also I dont think he shares, or ever did, the same passion as they did.

plus, of the two remaining, one doesnt seem to care as much as he once may have, and hes the main coder. Its open source, so what they really need are others willing to help.

Reactions: syponis
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes