FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
That's a shame, best brothel game of this type I've played I think. Portals of Phereon is pretty good too but it's kinda more combat/breeding focused and not really the same genre.

Last edited:
Reactions: syponis

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
To be fair, the game is a very nice "canvas" as is, but does lack a plotline/questline to give players some goals in the sandbox. But the mechanics are there, and are quite solid.

Honestly, the code might be a tad complicated, but have a look at game/script/quests/frog.rpy and you'll understand that quests are easy to implement for about anyone.
I always understood the Frog quest as an invitation to provide them with a few fanmade quests. That would plow the absent mile markers.
However, I haven't written any, so I feel I have no rights to complain - especially when they make difficult high-end stuff like the simulated exploration (the Guild).

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
The lack of goals is why I've tired different classes. I play them for about 12 hours before trying a new one. My only problem with this playstyle is not getting high end items and buildings. Currently, I taking a break from this game. I'll probably wait a couple more months to see if they release another version. Hopefully, it will not be a year from now.

Last edited:

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I always understood the Frog quest as an invitation to provide them with a few fanmade quests. That would plow the absent mile markers.
However, I haven't written any, so I feel I have no rights to complain - especially when they make difficult high-end stuff like the simulated exploration (the Guild).
Your absolutely correct. I think they may have some old events hidden on the backburner from some of the old contributers, but ive seen them time and time again claim they arent good writers. The amazing intro was done by someone who isnt around anymore. Theyve been waiting for a writer for, forever now.

I honestly believe you hit the nail on the coffin, they havent bothered porting the old alpha events yet because theyre hoping for users to make more.

The only issue is the girl packs system. by having a random slave.. like Nami from One Piece trigger a random event it could be quite jarring if your a long time OP fan and it doesnt seem like something she would do. Each girl does have a personality trait, so programing the event to only be activated by a set personality may occur, but doesnt solve the whole problem. Or perhaps tie it to specific packs/girls. The latter is definently possible. Im pretty sure I recall the dev mentioning a storyline in the hidden village. hence the naruto pack is in the additional download.

Even if they themselves start writing events, it will be for girls/universes that they prefer. then you got people complaining "why does Misaka from Attack on Titan have 15 events when Erza from Fairy Tail has none" kinda thing. Thus giving them another reason to rely on fan made events.

The idea of girl packs is mostly a dead concept anyway. Brothel King is the only exception. This game was originally started when that fad was still alive and kicking. Other games of the fad didnt really have any events either. For the exact same reason. Thats why games like Lab Rats 2, or Free Cities uses randomly generated charecters.

-GG-

Apr 30, 2019
- If you guys are up for contributing feel free to join the discord and even if it's your first time trying to do stuff on renpy, in case you experience some difficulty : people gonna help you, so it's a nice place to start.

chainedpanda - I personally don't think the girl pack are a problem, but maybe I am only one in that case. For me, the girls are dissociated from their universe or related personality. After all why should they share it ? Pytfall world is not the same, so thoses girls too, imo (the opposite would break immersion, but I understand that people don't have the same conclusions) .

- The main point lacking is prolly the main story, it's kinda hard to set up something without the core who gonna gave some indirect guidelines to you (again that's how I feel it), but I suppose people can already do : girl events, small quest, jobs, random event (and if someone 'immerse' himself enough to the universe he can do something more ambitious indeed). By providing some canvas there is a chance people gonna use it to do even more quest etc. From that point it's can snowball, a bit like Brothel King or Whore Master pack creator do, but for quest. So again feel free to join :).

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
- If you guys are up for contributing feel free to join the discord and even if it's your first time trying to do stuff on renpy, in case you experience some difficulty : people gonna help you, so it's a nice place to start.
You're right mentioning Brothel King, where each girl gets a backstory (out of 8?) with branching paths depending on personalities. This feature helps a lot with immersion. Implementing this in Pytfall would be nice, as all girls feel pretty generic.
This would require a lot of writing and inspiration, however. But Naruto fans would probably get it easier. Stories could also be linked to a specific girl, after all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Either way, the discord would be the only place left to share contributions for playtest/further editing, right? (with Pinkpetal dead and all)

-GG-

Apr 30, 2019
sandsea_urchin

^^ you are the first using the term 'canvas' here, tbh I just re-used it as I have read most of the feed in a raw and answered right after... Anyways.

To be fair pinkpetal is not 100% dead, if people prefer using pinkpetal they still can, but you should experience faster reactivity on discord for sure.

For yours ideas : they are kinda commonly shared by various people who randomly suggesting thoses kind of features to be included in order to improve the game (but the professional slacker, it's the first time xD, I think). The good point with discord (compared to doing it on your side) is if you are motivated and if others are interested aswell, thoses ones can help in various fields who can be quite time consuming or just tedious because it's not what you like doing. Still the activity have reduced alot during this summer (I include myself into the inactive category), but stuff gonna re-start (I suppose) at the end of the season.

loyster112

Nov 1, 2017
I am looking forward to the next update.I would like a more system-friendly version of the game.Thanks for your efforts.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
but the professional slacker, it's the first time xD, I think
I don't own copyrights on the 'canvas' words, but feel free to send me the royalties, then :LOL:

I've taken another look at my first draft, it'd look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Obviously, you need a few other files for this to actually run, I haven't properly tested my inits and mechanics, but it should give you a good idea of the character I picture.
Hopefully I get the time to tackle the deeper code, and get the reset of the work done. I'll share what I have on the discord if I see I'm not getting anywhere anytime soon :rolleyes:

Feel free to comment/criticize on the proof of concept in the meanwhile... Or to steal it all and finish it yourself, I won't mind a bit.

loyster112

Nov 1, 2017
I can't change where I and my slaves live.
When I click on the tabs you say, my screen just freezes.
I read the comments, but it doesn't open on my computer the way you say it.My screen freezes when I click where you say it.Also the same happens on the work tab.The same is true for all tabs with a green tick.

*I would be grateful if someone helped with the issue, or if an update was released to correct the problem.

thejukucla

Dec 28, 2018
Can someone tell me how to open the cheat menu?
I've tried the button combination but it seems to do nothing.

thejukucla

Dec 28, 2018
At the far right of all icons on the top right.
Thanks for the description, but I can't find an Icon. I dont seem to be able to trigger it.

Oh well... seems I have to grind till I'm tired of it ^^

Edit: I think I found the problem, I'm using 0.72 not 0.72 Beta, maybe thats it...
Yeah that was the problem, sry for the bother ^^'

Last edited:

DarkTl

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Same, been following this game forever now. The issue is that this was originally a passion project. Many of the original contributors are gone, and the two remaining are apart of a group of three that makes other games. They cant focus purely on Pytfall because the third guy is an artist, not a programmer. Pytfall has no need for an artist. Also I dont think he shares, or ever did, the same passion as they did.

plus, of the two remaining, one doesnt seem to care as much as he once may have, and hes the main coder. Its open source, so what they really need are others willing to help.
It still is a passion project. While we appreciate any patreon support, atm it's not really at the level of a commercial project.

We're passionate about active game development. PF it's Xela's project, we "only" help him with it. And if he goes idle for a while, we are left with no clue on what to help him with. That's why there currently isn't an active contribution to PF while there is for actively developed games like Ciri Trainer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWorst
Feb 24, 2019
So um.. I fked up lol, I decided to download some girls packs (which includes the more popular Fairy Tail girls), and was a little upset that girls like Erza and Mirajane didnt have big boobs, so I tried to edit the data files for Erza first as a trial by fire/error. I ended up with an error which when ignored allows me to load my save file but gives me a "No image available" for most of the slave girls who are available for purchase, not sure what else it fucked up but I undid my changes and im still getting errors..

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/core/main_screen.rpy", line 1, in script call
    label mainscreen:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 489, in script
    python hide:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 489, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 491, in _execute_python_hide
    updated_chars = load_characters("chars", Char)
  File "game/code/core/loading.rpy", line 102, in load_characters
    ugirls = json.load(f)
ValueError: Expecting property name: line 29 column 9 (char 685)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/core/main_screen.rpy", line 1, in script call
    label mainscreen:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 489, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\"..."\Saved Games\Pytfall V0.72\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 896, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\"..."\Saved Games\Pytfall V0.72\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1929, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 489, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 491, in _execute_python_hide
    updated_chars = load_characters("chars", Char)
  File "game/code/core/loading.rpy", line 102, in load_characters
    ugirls = json.load(f)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 290, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
ValueError: Expecting property name: line 29 column 9 (char 685)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
PyTFall 0.72 and take their shit...
Sun Aug 25 12:12:57 2019

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Lucy_HeartSlutia Check your modified .json files and be on the lookout for two things:
- All your opened brackets are closed.
- Your different elements in a list are separated by a comma, but the last one doesn't have a comma at the end. For instance
JSON:
{
"a",
"b",
"c"
}
is good.
But
JSON:
{
"a",
"b",
"c",
}
or
JSON:
{
"a",
"b"
"c"
}
will cause such an error.

Reactions: Q Who
Feb 24, 2019
Aw shit thats what it was, I was copying the default stat provided and coding line for it, so like "dancing" would be replaced with Sex but all the " and , would stay, that being said I probably forgot to add a , after the default trait..il take a look at it on my next day off or tomorrow night..

essentially I was doing this

{
"a",
"b",
"c",
}

or this...

{
"a"
"b",
"c",
}