RPGM Completed WIP Quarta Knight Emerald [1.15][Kudarizaka Guardrail]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

MIC132

May 14, 2018
TRANSLATION UPDATE

THIS IS A WIP AND NOT READY FOR GENERAL RELEASE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think I encountered a bug.
I'm doing stage 4, and can't get into Mirror Room. I assume that's what the key from the slacker is supposed to be for (you mention it in the "gameplay tips" file, but the second slacker dropped nothing for me (the first one gave me the 1000 silver balls). There is also the closed gate in the "tunnel" area, no idea how to get there either.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I think I encountered a bug.
I'm doing stage 4, and can't get into Mirror Room. I assume that's what the key from the slacker is supposed to be for (you mention it in the "gameplay tips" file, but the second slacker dropped nothing for me (the first one gave me the 1000 silver balls). There is also the closed gate in the "tunnel" area, no idea how to get there either.
You have to go through either the Slot or Roulette room towards the left or right respectively, and you will be on a balcony overlooking the arena where you'll fight Misty. That's the location of the key.

The tunnel is locked and can't be unlocked, but it is used as part of a story branch if you lose the fight at the start of the stage.

xellos616

May 5, 2020

[230106][下り坂ガードレール] 駆錬輝晶 クォルタ エメロード EG (Ver1.09) [RJ435322]

• Jan/14/2023Bug fixesVer1.09

Reactions: V^V

MIC132

May 14, 2018
You have to go through either the Slot or Roulette room towards the left or right respectively, and you will be on a balcony overlooking the arena where you'll fight Misty. That's the location of the key.

The tunnel is locked and can't be unlocked, but it is used as part of a story branch if you lose the fight at the start of the stage.
Thanks!
I must have missed those passages I guess.
Wait, so the other slacker next to mirror room just literally does nothing?

xellos616

May 5, 2020
Movie with obidiece magical girl, I hope in future the quolta games be the same

• Wow
Reactions: bazelgeuse

whyimIhere

Mar 11, 2021
I tried to get through the express train with enough tickets, but can only find 2 ://// can't see other captives. Any leads guys? Thanks

FoxMelody

Mar 15, 2021
I tried to get through the express train with enough tickets, but can only find 2 ://// can't see other captives. Any leads guys? Thanks
The sweepstake ticket (in normal items category) is just something that drops randomly from enemies and is used for lottery machines scattered throughout the level.
As for the tickets actually important for travel and boss gimmicks:
Once the player enters the station loop section (the part with interactable billboards and ticket sale windows next to each entrance), then at each of the 5 stations there is one expired ticket to be found as well as one ticket named after that specific station (all in key items category)
- Tickets named after specific stations unlock the ability to travel to said stations without having to engage with the train molesters battle. Used via dialogue at the ticket windows to teleport between stations. Basically an easy backtracking tool.
- Expired tickets, when all 5 found, can be exchanged at the ticket window into a non-expired one. This is the ticket that prevents the boss from punishing Emerald for not having a ticket.

Billboards show Emerald's current location (top-left is the first station), a full loop through all stations with sufficient exploration of each station should result in finding all aforementioned tickets. Keep in mind that on first ride encounter with Misty resulted in skipping from the 1st station to the 3rd one, so after the first loop ride once more to actually hit the 2nd station this time and get all stuff.

Oh, also - boss battle is already on the 3rd station, so, you know - don't accidentally enter it until done with the others.

Last edited:

bazelgeuse

Oct 21, 2019

Thanks for the sites i didnt know about

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'm guessing the one you got from the mini-boss fight and the one in the ad agency? The other three you get from defeating the molestergeists. On the map should be groups of enemies attacking NPCs, intervene and defeat them.

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018

You'll probably enjoy Angelic Apostle Liebe by Madscript

whyimIhere

Mar 11, 2021
I'm guessing the one you got from the mini-boss fight and the one in the ad agency? The other three you get from defeating the molestergeists. On the map should be groups of enemies attacking NPCs, intervene and defeat them.
Yea I can see a group of molessmth n got a ticket from it, but it was the last one, the other one I got is from it being dropping of randomly when I started the map. Guess I ll take another look then. Thanks

whyimIhere

Mar 11, 2021
The sweepstake ticket (in normal items category) is just something that drops randomly from enemies and is used for lottery machines scattered throughout the level.
As for the tickets actually important for travel and boss gimmicks:
Once the player enters the station loop section (the part with interactable billboards and ticket sale windows next to each entrance), then at each of the 5 stations there is one expired ticket to be found as well as one ticket named after that specific station (all in key items category)
- Tickets named after specific stations unlock the ability to travel to said stations without having to engage with the train molesters battle. Used via dialogue at the ticket windows to teleport between stations. Basically an easy backtracking tool.
- Expired tickets, when all 5 found, can be exchanged at the ticket window into a non-expired one. This is the ticket that prevents the boss from punishing Emerald for not having a ticket.

Billboards show Emerald's current location (top-left is the first station), a full loop through all stations with sufficient exploration of each station should result in finding all aforementioned tickets. Keep in mind that on first ride encounter with Misty resulted in skipping from the 1st station to the 3rd one, so after the first loop ride once more to actually hit the 2nd station this time and get all stuff.

Oh, also - boss battle is already on the 3rd station, so, you know - don't accidentally enter it until done with the others.
Yea I saw it, saved before so wasn't a biggie, its just that I couldn't find other tickets that pissed me off. Thanks bud

MIC132

May 14, 2018
What does saving the people in Mirror Room even do?
I've already beaten the boss before I did that, but I don't recall anything in the boss fight that referenced it.

EDIT: Also, where is the exp drain crystal in the castle? I only have the actual fight with Misty left and the arena, but I didn't find it.

EDIT2: Ok, to answer my question, it's after the arena.
Defeated Misty, but it was weird. I still got th link debuff despite the fact that I'm quite sure I rescued all captives. Or is it just weaker then?

Last edited:

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
I think sportsfan30 had the right idea with adjusting difficulty for games like this. The things making it too easy are that you have infinite money, tons of helpful item drops, and most fights are easily avoidable. Tuning difficulty to make individual fights harder to win is a worse way to do it than making attrition more noticeable and unavoidable. It undermines the premise otherwise: strong heroine degraded by weaklings. Reducing the supply of items and money/carry limits on purchasables, making dropped/found items come with drawbacks or have a more limited scope of effects (can only find HP potions that are tainted, no repair kits, neutralisers, or purification items), and increasing the chase speed of ambushing enemies so you can't just avoid them all contribute more to both the theme and making gameplay challenging. That's my plan at least for once the translation is done to create a difficulty mod.

I know when I'm trying to do a scuffed run, that's usually more impactful than any stat debuffs I give her. No healing items allowed, use Repair Kits only when clothes are completely destroyed, not purging Aphrodisiac unless it is at max, deliberately letting ambushes actually connect, etc.

One thing I think would be interesting to try would also be adding more unavoidable fights where you start at a disadvantage. For example, the Matango fight at the bottom of the swamp can usually be cleared out in a single Bladestorm, making it a non-issue, despite it being a nest you have fallen into. Starting ambushed, having additional hit chance penalties, additional waves of enemies, etc. would make the encounter far more interesting. That might be a little bit more challenging to add to the files, but it's something I'm thinking about as well. Same idea, but making more chokepoints where you have to fight an ambush.
Some things that I would enjoy in a hard mode would be.

1. Having some sort of barrier to the area boss room that needs items for the stage to allow progress. This forces you to seek out enemies for thier drops, or they could drop from chests instead of enemies, but enemies drop the keys to the chests. Or simplely needing to clear each map to progress through it, which could be tied to resting, if you rest the counter resets.

2. Bastes are not completely removed and are instead just treated each treatment will allow X number of "days" of exploring before they reactiveate before needing to be treated again. In addition each treatment can also have a tolerance build up that reduces the max "days"and eventaully becoming ineffective until you spend some days without treatment. "days" could be resting on the bed (would require force resting before you can leave again). Or X number ot steps in a day which would mean mid exploration your bastes could come back.

The 2 above changes would also go well with the suggestion earlier about miasma seeping into the normal areas.

3. Increased costs for consumables, lower drop rates, needing more repair items to fix clothes.

4. For the train area, forced end of transformation when around normal people. Which I want to say was the indtended function otherwise the baste from the gropers makes no sense after the first ride (no underwear)."curing" this one can be permanat but you need to either buy new ones, or find them later in the stage, instead of just having a infinte supply.

These are my pipe dream wants, butI'll be happy with anything that makes it more of a challenge.

But eitherway thanks for the work on translating it.
agreed, esp the waves for that matango fight. Might be hard to add it in randomly, but 4 normal matangos felt a bit weak. Maybe some "mutated" versions of normal enemies that can survive one or two more hits? Maybe more traps as well as ambushes. I remember one of the favorite parts of the first game was the haunted house. Route changes, trapped chests, challenging minigames, etc.

If anything though, killing all the non-ambush enemies is what makes it easy. You get so much money and items from them and then you can look around the map with no pressure after using all the items to max yourself again. The scuff things you talk about, I already was doing most of them because the game floods you with the ability to max yourself. Again, I think the dev did a good job adjusting it from last game.... esp with the purification item I noticed getting too often in the first game, seems to be a bit rarer now. I just wish there was some other sort of reward/currency dump mechanic for killing lots of enemies.

Oh, and it jsut came to mind, but what if you couldn't full heal hp and mp and estrus from home? what if it was just a bit of a hp/mp heal and bad effects had to be itemed. What if there was an in-game time system that affected various things? Like, there's flavor talk about the matango aphro fog seeping out into the real world, what if taking too long to kill them (let's say you kill boss and skipped them and moved on) would affect your "rest" at home? etc.
sportsfan30 as well since you already modded the previous game?

I think action/rpg ero-games where defeat is the main theme work best when they operate on the same conventions as survival-horror games. Supply scarcity & attrition, enemy ambushes (player awareness being the key thing), and creating emergent situations where it might be better for the player to try and run/sneak past enemies instead of fighting them.

That said, it's a fine line between being engaging and frustrating. Some of Doomeye and tyrrandae's ideas would be too far across it for my personal taste - mainly the whole thing of pretty much never being able to fully recover. Maybe this could be a resource/item sink - you convert them into a resource (cash would work, but it'd be a more interesting decision if it were a different resource) and spend it to recover stats/bastes that aren't from defeat.

I like the idea of enforcing exploration instead of just being able to rush straight to the boss. Multiple waves each increasing in number in the Mantango fight would also be appreciated, my initial reaction was "oh, that was it?" when you only have to fight what, 4 of them?

The clothing repair item only repairing 1 stage of damage at a time is a great idea, and yeah, less items in general. Maybe a carry limit on healing/restoration items, and/or they cost more the more you have in your inventory.

The concept of a random, slightly stronger version of a given enemy would also help make fights less predictable and auto-win.

I got some requests of my own- I'm not taking into account how realistic any of it is development wise, this is just what I'd like to see if there were no obstacle.

If you don't clear the Matango den in the first level, all enemies in subsequent levels could be purple stat-jacked versions - sprite edit not really necessary, and not desired in a few cases, though it'd work well with a couple specific enemies like the molestergeist.

I don't get why the naked state isn't accessible through normal gameplay, and that'd be another feature I'd really like to have added. Maybe if you're defeated X times in a row on a given level, or maybe certain enemy attacks/defeats could trigger it.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong on this one. Playing around with mtool, under vars there is "Transformation clothing damage" which increases by 1 with each attack taken. 400 is the breakpoint for naked. I didn't realize there were so many levels to the clothing destruction. 400 is a lot of attacks to take without the opportunity to repair them, and I doubt there's any circumstance you'd see that in normal gameplay - that's to say unless you're deliberately trying for it. Maybe some/all enemies could have their clothing damage per attack increased? The breakpoints could also be lowered. Not that I'm having an easy time finding any of these to edit in the game files.

Anyway, to take it further, having a side-quest to recover the clothes per level would be cool. They're just in some room off the "main" route like with the other baste treatments - you find them, are ambushed, fight the fight and must win to recover them. Maybe sometimes they could be cursed with the slime baste.

This, combined with reduced efficacy of the clothing repair item, would make that attrition more felt. Removing or reducing the efficacy of restorative abilities (catch breath, purify) to make the player more dependent on items would go a ways to dialling it up as well. Maybe enemies could steal items from you on defeat too.

I think the durability for untransformed clothes could be reduced a ton - right now it takes 70(?) attacks which I feel is a bit excessife. A meter for clothing durability wouldn't go amiss either. Maybe it wouldn't be a massive effort for the top/bottom to each be able to be completely removed, but it'd mean splitting the sprites
Also it appears there's no breakpoint for naked when untransformed (maybe you need to have had underwear stolen?), even though you can take them off in the gallery room.

It'd be nice if enemies from other levels would show up, though that might be wonky with defeat triggers and such. It'd also kinda break theming to a degree, so this could be a toggle, or maybe it doesn't apply to a given level until you've beaten it. Nevertheless it would be nice to be able to have battles with different enemy compositions.
The starfish enemy in particular only shows up in one area on one level. I think it'd work really well as a regular mob in the last level.

There do exist world sprites for the majority (if not all) of enemies - I haven't been able to tell what exactly determines which defeat scene you get if you lose to a mixed mob. But if it's pre-determined, and not based on the last enemy to have attacked you, it'd be great to use that mob's sprite to indicate as much. Or maybe it could simply be used to indicate mobs that consist entirely of that enemy type (which I feel there should be more of).

I'd love the ability to reset all a level's story, dialog and triggers without having to start a new game/NG+.

Different music would be great, less whimsical and more downbeat like the defeat scene music.

I'd really appreciate the option to remove or reduce obnoxious sound effects and flashes - the camera enemy is especially egregious.

I feel like energy drain should be taken away as a baste and just be a regular base mechanic, the whole thing of untransforming from being attacked is awesome. Maybe it could be replaced with a greater susceptibility to slimegirls' dirty talk.

Stealing a couple features from Exorcism Shrine Maiden:

If you start a battle with multiple mobs in adjacent tiles to you, or to each other, they all merge into one battle. Rather than more powerful enemies like ESM, it'd work better here if it were just more enemies.

As your clothes are degraded, enemies not othewise scripted to do so, gain a chance to start chasing you.

An enemy detection cone/field of view and sneaking system (basically, walk to reduce their detection range) would help make the world navigation more compelling, and make the mobs more distinct - different ones could have different detection cones and range.

Using the suicide capsule (can we please change its name? Suicide really aint something I want to think about when I'm trying to get my rocks off. "Sedative capsule" instead? Items.json, line 854 if anyone would like to change it for themselves) should be instant - enemies' actions can interrupt it at least as of 1.0.

Last edited:

Bondage Queen

Jun 25, 2018
Am playing through this right now. Honestly am very impressed! I love the way bondage is integrated into the gameplay (even if it's mostly just a few poses being reused). Thanks MuninKai for the translation! I'll probably play through this again when the full translation drops, as the MTL makes thanks incomprehensible a lot of the time, and the dialogue would probably add a lot to this.

Complainy time. So basically how this seems to break down is that if you reload whenever you're defeated, then you'll have an easy time with the game even on Hard (the difficulty I'm playing on). But if you don't ever reload on loss like me (which seems to be the way the game is meant to be played) then you can wind up in situations that almost feel like a softlock. I'm currently in Cyberspace and I am so completely fucked it's unbelievable. Sky high sensitivities and so many debuffs (that I can't get rid of) I basically get perma-stunlocked from orgasms in any fight with four or more enemies, and can't progress through any area with a mandatory fight. So I lose even more, my sensitivities get even higher, and I get even more debuffs I can't get rid of. Like, what the fuck. I don't really understand why a game all about losing punishes the player this much for losing...

Still love the game though. Favorite scene so far is the fight against the two demons at the end of the train level. By the way, the train level was really creative, I loved that.

Reactions: bimboform

MIC132

May 14, 2018
But if you don't ever reload on loss like me (which seems to be the way the game is meant to be played) then you can wind up in situations that almost feel like a softlock. I'm currently in Cyberspace and I am so completely fucked it's unbelievable. Sky high sensitivities and so many debuffs (that I can't get rid of) I basically get perma-stunlocked from orgasms in any fight with four or more enemies, and can't progress through any area with a mandatory fight. So I lose even more, my sensitivities get even higher, and I get even more debuffs I can't get rid of. Like, what the fuck. I don't really understand why a game all about losing punishes the player this much for losing...
While I fully understand your frustration, I feel like that's part of the main fetish this game caters to XD
It's also basically the only form of "game over" this game has (other than one other specific one).

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
Am playing through this right now. Honestly am very impressed! I love the way bondage is integrated into the gameplay (even if it's mostly just a few poses being reused). Thanks MuninKai for the translation! I'll probably play through this again when the full translation drops, as the MTL makes thanks incomprehensible a lot of the time, and the dialogue would probably add a lot to this.

Complainy time. So basically how this seems to break down is that if you reload whenever you're defeated, then you'll have an easy time with the game even on Hard (the difficulty I'm playing on). But if you don't ever reload on loss like me (which seems to be the way the game is meant to be played) then you can wind up in situations that almost feel like a softlock. I'm currently in Cyberspace and I am so completely fucked it's unbelievable. Sky high sensitivities and so many debuffs (that I can't get rid of) I basically get perma-stunlocked from orgasms in any fight with four or more enemies, and can't progress through any area with a mandatory fight. So I lose even more, my sensitivities get even higher, and I get even more debuffs I can't get rid of. Like, what the fuck. I don't really understand why a game all about losing punishes the player this much for losing...

Still love the game though. Favorite scene so far is the fight against the two demons at the end of the train level. By the way, the train level was really creative, I loved that.
So for each defeat you'll get a semi-permanent debuff ("baste"), depending on which enemy you lose to, which has a specific way to clear or reset it. It usually involves travelling to some part of the level, often requiring you to have collected items from battles with regular mobs or exploration. If you're playing on easy or normal, once you've cleared a given baste, you can do so at home without having to repeat the whole process. There are also items you can find/loot/purchase to reduce sensitivities.

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes