RPGM Completed WIP Quarta Knight Emerald [1.15][Kudarizaka Guardrail]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
MuninKai Maybe instead of Aluminum, you could use "Lumina"? Not only is it similar to aluminum, it also sounds like "luminous" (for the gem theme).
Not a bad translation idea.

For contrast on Japanese name themes, there was a Sailor Moon character named Sailor Aluminum Siren.

1673422799050.png

Reactions: MuninKai

xellos616

May 5, 2020
[230106][下り坂ガードレール] 駆錬輝晶 クォルタ エメロード EG (Ver1.05) [RJ435322]

xellos616

May 5, 2020
Current version is (v1.06)
Currently applying for v1.07. (Bug until 1/12 02:30 report)

・I finally found out that it happens when the external breast sensitivity enhancement value exceeds 600. This will be fixed in 1.08.

・If you think there is a problem with the image, it would be helpful if you could tell me a "screenshot" or "current bust, clothes, and how to stand in Emerald".

It's not a bug, but it's scheduled to change
Very Hard Proposal
・Weaken Quartine Invasion buff (like Amethys EG)
・Quarta Symphonia deleted
・Set TP to around 30 at the start of battle.
・ Burn debuff weakness
・Decreased blitzmatter stun success rate ・Decreased MP efficiency

Last edited:
Reactions: odynson and Arkus86

Doomeye

May 7, 2018
It's not a bug, but it's scheduled to change
Very Hard Proposal
・Weaken Quartine Invasion buff (like Amethys EG)
・Quarta Symphonia deleted
・Set TP to around 30 at the start of battle.
・ Burn debuff weakness
・Decreased blitzmatter stun success rate ・Decreased MP efficiency

Hmmmm I don't quite get it. Is the hard mode going to get harder? or is he considering adding another tier of difficulty on top of it? That would be great imo. First game was too easy on "hard". This game's slightly better about it, but it's still a bit easy. Even starting the game cheating myself the few debuff rings didn't really make it harder because if you know what you're doing, it's too hard to fall into a vulnerable state where all those negatives would stack up.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Hmmmm I don't quite get it. Is the hard mode going to get harder? or is he considering adding another tier of difficulty on top of it? That would be great imo. First game was too easy on "hard". This game's slightly better about it, but it's still a bit easy. Even starting the game cheating myself the few debuff rings didn't really make it harder because if you know what you're doing, it's too hard to fall into a vulnerable state where all those negatives would stack up.
I think sportsfan30 had the right idea with adjusting difficulty for games like this. The things making it too easy are that you have infinite money, tons of helpful item drops, and most fights are easily avoidable. Tuning difficulty to make individual fights harder to win is a worse way to do it than making attrition more noticeable and unavoidable. It undermines the premise otherwise: strong heroine degraded by weaklings. Reducing the supply of items and money/carry limits on purchasables, making dropped/found items come with drawbacks or have a more limited scope of effects (can only find HP potions that are tainted, no repair kits, neutralisers, or purification items), and increasing the chase speed of ambushing enemies so you can't just avoid them all contribute more to both the theme and making gameplay challenging. That's my plan at least for once the translation is done to create a difficulty mod.

I know when I'm trying to do a scuffed run, that's usually more impactful than any stat debuffs I give her. No healing items allowed, use Repair Kits only when clothes are completely destroyed, not purging Aphrodisiac unless it is at max, deliberately letting ambushes actually connect, etc.

One thing I think would be interesting to try would also be adding more unavoidable fights where you start at a disadvantage. For example, the Matango fight at the bottom of the swamp can usually be cleared out in a single Bladestorm, making it a non-issue, despite it being a nest you have fallen into. Starting ambushed, having additional hit chance penalties, additional waves of enemies, etc. would make the encounter far more interesting. That might be a little bit more challenging to add to the files, but it's something I'm thinking about as well. Same idea, but making more chokepoints where you have to fight an ambush.

Doomeye

May 7, 2018
I think sportsfan30 had the right idea with adjusting difficulty for games like this. The things making it too easy are that you have infinite money, tons of helpful item drops, and most fights are easily avoidable. Tuning difficulty to make individual fights harder to win is a worse way to do it than making attrition more noticeable and unavoidable. It undermines the premise otherwise: strong heroine degraded by weaklings. Reducing the supply of items and money/carry limits on purchasables, making dropped/found items come with drawbacks or have a more limited scope of effects (can only find HP potions that are tainted, no repair kits, neutralisers, or purification items), and increasing the chase speed of ambushing enemies so you can't just avoid them all contribute more to both the theme and making gameplay challenging. That's my plan at least for once the translation is done to create a difficulty mod.

I know when I'm trying to do a scuffed run, that's usually more impactful than any stat debuffs I give her. No healing items allowed, use Repair Kits only when clothes are completely destroyed, not purging Aphrodisiac unless it is at max, deliberately letting ambushes actually connect, etc.

One thing I think would be interesting to try would also be adding more unavoidable fights where you start at a disadvantage. For example, the Matango fight at the bottom of the swamp can usually be cleared out in a single Bladestorm, making it a non-issue, despite it being a nest you have fallen into. Starting ambushed, having additional hit chance penalties, additional waves of enemies, etc. would make the encounter far more interesting. That might be a little bit more challenging to add to the files, but it's something I'm thinking about as well. Same idea, but making more chokepoints where you have to fight an ambush.
agreed, esp the waves for that matango fight. Might be hard to add it in randomly, but 4 normal matangos felt a bit weak. Maybe some "mutated" versions of normal enemies that can survive one or two more hits? Maybe more traps as well as ambushes. I remember one of the favorite parts of the first game was the haunted house. Route changes, trapped chests, challenging minigames, etc.

If anything though, killing all the non-ambush enemies is what makes it easy. You get so much money and items from them and then you can look around the map with no pressure after using all the items to max yourself again. The scuff things you talk about, I already was doing most of them because the game floods you with the ability to max yourself. Again, I think the dev did a good job adjusting it from last game.... esp with the purification item I noticed getting too often in the first game, seems to be a bit rarer now. I just wish there was some other sort of reward/currency dump mechanic for killing lots of enemies.

Oh, and it jsut came to mind, but what if you couldn't full heal hp and mp and estrus from home? what if it was just a bit of a hp/mp heal and bad effects had to be itemed. What if there was an in-game time system that affected various things? Like, there's flavor talk about the matango aphro fog seeping out into the real world, what if taking too long to kill them (let's say you kill boss and skipped them and moved on) would affect your "rest" at home? etc.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
agreed, esp the waves for that matango fight. Might be hard to add it in randomly, but 4 normal matangos felt a bit weak. Maybe some "mutated" versions of normal enemies that can survive one or two more hits? Maybe more traps as well as ambushes. I remember one of the favorite parts of the first game was the haunted house. Route changes, trapped chests, challenging minigames, etc.

If anything though, killing all the non-ambush enemies is what makes it easy. You get so much money and items from them and then you can look around the map with no pressure after using all the items to max yourself again. The scuff things you talk about, I already was doing most of them because the game floods you with the ability to max yourself. Again, I think the dev did a good job adjusting it from last game.... esp with the purification item I noticed getting too often in the first game, seems to be a bit rarer now. I just wish there was some other sort of reward/currency dump mechanic for killing lots of enemies.

Oh, and it jsut came to mind, but what if you couldn't full heal hp and mp and estrus from home? what if it was just a bit of a hp/mp heal and bad effects had to be itemed. What if there was an in-game time system that affected various things? Like, there's flavor talk about the matango aphro fog seeping out into the real world, what if taking too long to kill them (let's say you kill boss and skipped them and moved on) would affect your "rest" at home? etc.
The at home rest mechanics would be interesting to tweak, but I think they're pretty inconsequential. The levels are long enough.

Also, yeah, Ard was really the best level design I think Shiraso has done. Ambushes that are genuinely unidentifiable really made it much more interesting. Ironically, it got a lot easier with sportsfan30's difficulty mod, since the lack of any useful items in chests made them very skippable. Shame the Mimics didn't make it into Emerald or they'd be a good add to a difficulty mod.

MIC132

May 14, 2018
The at home rest mechanics would be interesting to tweak, but I think they're pretty inconsequential. The levels are long enough.

Also, yeah, Ard was really the best level design I think Shiraso has done. Ambushes that are genuinely unidentifiable really made it much more interesting. Ironically, it got a lot easier with sportsfan30's difficulty mod, since the lack of any useful items in chests made them very skippable. Shame the Mimics didn't make it into Emerald or they'd be a good add to a difficulty mod.
Ard?

MIC132

May 14, 2018
Spoilers for Stage 4 Boss.
Its not simple so i figured I'd share.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any idea if this can be done without losing in the train stage for headlines? It would be weird if this one thing required losing.
Also where is the data for Subject H in stage 3?

EDIT: Unrelated to the above, I know from the dlsite page that we surprisingly actually have a penetration scene. Any idea how many there are and where?

EDIT2: I'm missing one thing for the 10 above. I think it's the "data about subject H". No idea where to find it.

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019

And that was why I abandoned my mod. I couldn't figure out how to justify the chests, and was/still am way too lazy to add additional encounters on the maps.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Any idea if this can be done without losing in the train stage for headlines? It would be weird if this one thing required losing.
Also where is the data for Subject H in stage 3?

EDIT: Unrelated to the above, I know from the dlsite page that we surprisingly actually have a penetration scene. Any idea how many there are and where?

EDIT2: I'm missing one thing for the 10 above. I think it's the "data about subject H". No idea where to find it.
The Matangos and Security Guards have penetration scenes. The Cameras, Datajills, and Ad Olicts also have penetration with toys.

And that was why I abandoned my mod. I couldn't figure out how to justify the chests, and was/still am way too lazy to add additional encounters on the maps.
Yeah, really feels like a pipe dream/would have to learn RPGM in far more seriousness than I want.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

THIS IS A WIP AND NOT READY FOR GENERAL RELEASE

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
Some things that I would enjoy in a hard mode would be.

1. Having some sort of barrier to the area boss room that needs items for the stage to allow progress. This forces you to seek out enemies for thier drops, or they could drop from chests instead of enemies, but enemies drop the keys to the chests. Or simplely needing to clear each map to progress through it, which could be tied to resting, if you rest the counter resets.

2. Bastes are not completely removed and are instead just treated each treatment will allow X number of "days" of exploring before they reactiveate before needing to be treated again. In addition each treatment can also have a tolerance build up that reduces the max "days"and eventaully becoming ineffective until you spend some days without treatment. "days" could be resting on the bed (would require force resting before you can leave again). Or X number ot steps in a day which would mean mid exploration your bastes could come back.

The 2 above changes would also go well with the suggestion earlier about miasma seeping into the normal areas.

3. Increased costs for consumables, lower drop rates, needing more repair items to fix clothes.

4. For the train area, forced end of transformation when around normal people. Which I want to say was the indtended function otherwise the baste from the gropers makes no sense after the first ride (no underwear)."curing" this one can be permanat but you need to either buy new ones, or find them later in the stage, instead of just having a infinte supply.

These are my pipe dream wants, butI'll be happy with anything that makes it more of a challenge.

But eitherway thanks for the work on translating it.

Reactions: Philia

bebe2803

Apr 25, 2020
Seems that dev want to make the game more difficult, no transformation in 3 rounds is a good start. Here are some ideas:
1. More Bastes has second or higher stage, now only cloudy can make your love crest stronger that cannot be fixed in normal way (e.g. first stage of mana leak lose less mana but 3rd stage drain even faster / more milk if your lactation lv is higher)
2. Bastes or debuff that make you lose more HP when you climax (may work with higher lv bastes above), or stuns more turns
3. More Bastes have side effect when you remove it in normal way (currently nipple rings has it)
4. when you are too lewd you may skip your turn and go to sex with enemy or masturbation
5. More non-bastes debuff if you are begin abused too hard

Currently all updates are bugfixs really hope dev can add more contents in the future. Even a few more CG/cutin are great. I dont know why Emerald has even less milking cutin then Amadeus

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes