BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Joe Steel
Let me try to understand what you encountered.
Do you mean the exact same event happened again? Or just a simple text description? Or another event depicting a raid?

aa14

Jul 1, 2017
The game crashes just as the raiders are starting to have fun with the queen. XD

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
The game crashes just as the raiders are starting to have fun with the queen. XD
Oh, that's weird, I am pretty sure that one used to work LOL
Anyway I will upload a quick fix for this and the game crushing bug that TootsiePootsie mentioned.
Link updated.

Last edited:

Fougere

Mar 9, 2018
the route only starts after the border bandit event, which happens after in-game date pass 7th.
And while you are waiting for the time to pass, you might want to go back to your room and check the wine cabinet,that and a losing event for the raiders are basically all you are missing so far.
Even with all the explanations I can't seem to find that damn vendor, losing to the raiders and getting drunk once a day... >.>
Are you talking about the "Bailabaikal" location ? Are there other requirements to make the purchase available ?

Except for this struggle I kinda like where this game is going.

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Even with all the explanations I can't seem to find that damn vendor, losing to the raiders and getting drunk once a day... >.>
Are you talking about the "Bailabaikal" location ? Are there other requirements to make the purchase available ?
Except for this struggle I kinda like where this game is going.
"border bandit" and "the raiders" are not the same thing, you only get to trigger the "border bandit event"
only if you already kick the Bailabaikalan raiders out of Carmeli i.e. the farming province.

Are those two too similar? Should I change how they are called or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fougere

Fougere

Mar 9, 2018
"border bandit" and "the raiders" are not the same thing, you only get to trigger the "border bandit event"
if you haven't kick the Bailabaikalan raiders out of Carmeli i.e. the farming province.

Are those two too similar? Should I change how they are called or something?
Nah, what got me confused was the answer you gave to that other person, locations names are fine even if a bit funny.
I'd still suggest to make that dress available even on the path where you kick them bailabaikalan guys out of Carmeli, think I've tryharded for like 20 ingame days, for nothing. x)

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Nah, what got me confused was the answer you gave to that other person, locations names are fine even if a bit funny.
I was referring to "bandit" and "the raiders" though.
I'd still suggest to make that dress available even on the path where you kick them bailabaikalan guys out of Carmeli, think I've tryharded for like 20 ingame days, for nothing. x)
Oops, there's a grammatical mistake, I mean to say "the border bandit event won't happens if you haven't kick the Bailabaikalan raiders out of Carmeli."
I kinda left it half finished and came back to it latter, sorry.
So is it not showing up for you for some reason?

Fougere

Mar 9, 2018
Oops, there's a grammatical mistake, I mean to say "the border bandit event won't happens if you haven't kick the Bailabaikalan raiders out of Carmeli."
I kinda left it half finished and came back to it latter, sorry.
So is it not showing up for you for some reason?
Oh, so I had it right in my first save ? xD
Well, I'm not even sure which npc would be that vendor, but after the border bandit event thing where they attack the farmers village i saved the previous day i just started talking to every single npc around the plaza and the mustache guy next to the guard, the only shopping menu showing up is the cheaty one. I also kept visiting the duke inbetween losing on purpose against the bailabaikans, doing the painter events and flashing guards for morale, also tried letting their morale down a few times but still no clue where the damn dress would be.

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Fougere
Well, something obviously isn't working properly here, I don't know why or how it somehow works for some other people, I will run some bug test when I get the time.
Oh and the vendor is supposed to be the on e on the down-right corner of the square.

*edit*
Done.
Try launch the new version go to sleep and check the vendor again.

Last edited:

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
New download no longer flags as virus, so all good again on my end. Will update when i tried it out.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Still getting the "Groundhog Day" error where the barbarians attack Carmeli on day seven, after being defeated on day 3. The bandit raid on the caravan scene shows up, the guards decided to report to higher authority, and the steward comes to tell the queen that the barbarians have invaded again. All the exact same dialogue as day three, as far as I can tell. Using version 0.07b.

Dec 9, 2018
border trade route? whats that? I dont think I triggered that but I attacked the barbarians camp and there it says manpower. I also gave money to that province and now the mill is nearly finished ( gave 5x150)

regarding the clothing shop: it says: "the guy is reorganzing his merchandise" or something similar

croPath

May 10, 2017
It is winnable, though it's a very luck driven game.
The basic rule is that it's a size measuring game: 3<....<Q<K<1<2<Joker, with some exceptions.
It's hard going into it blind, and that's the point.
no thats just poor game design like pretty much every card game in these RPG games

Reactions: nodice20

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Dear BrokenTorpedo Do know that the new RPGM MV engine offers an excellent and very easy possibility of making both Linux and Mac versions of your game, it is literally just a menu click or two away, remember that MV is based on javascript so the different versions just comes with the custom browser to play the game, you really don't have to think about your code as it is platform independent by intent. You can even make a unified cross-platform version that will work on all three platforms by merging the folders of the three versions without overwriting the data.

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Still getting the "Groundhog Day" error where the barbarians attack Carmeli on day seven, after being defeated on day 3. The bandit raid on the caravan scene shows up, the guards decided to report to higher authority, and the steward comes to tell the queen that the barbarians have invaded again. All the exact same dialogue as day three, as far as I can tell. Using version 0.07b.
Finally I see what your problem is, "border bandit" and "the raiders" are not the same thing,
Are those two too similar or something? Not once was "barbarians" or "Bailabaikal" even mentioned there.
Why do you suggest me using Ren'py, a even more text heavy format when you seem to hate reading in gameing?

border trade route? whats that? I dont think I triggered that but I attacked the barbarians camp and there it says manpower. I also gave money to that province and now the mill is nearly finished ( gave 5x150)

regarding the clothing shop: it says: "the guy is reorganzing his merchandise" or something similar
That only happens after you attacked the barbarians and pass May 7th in-game date.
Before that you don't get any special dialogue from the the clothing shop. Also, that's the wrong guy you were trying to talk to.

Dear BrokenTorpedo Do know that the new RPGM MV engine offers an excellent and very easy possibility of making both Linux and Mac versions of your game, it is literally just a menu click or two away, remember that MV is based on javascript...
Sorry but I am way too unfamiliar with MV's programming language, and I used tones of custom script plug-in here, I don't even know where can I find their MV counterparts, or if such things exist already. Switching system at this point is just not really a good option.

JBukharin

Feb 8, 2018
Just found the 'Comet' predicament. I thought I wouldn't encounter it beyond PI games and... I guess I was wrong. XD
Also, if it's not asking too much, I am stuck with the bandit camp and I don't know what 'diplomatic solution' I should try to achieve.
And yes, I did already beat the raiders attacking the desertic town.

Last edited:

telc0ntar

Jun 10, 2018
I'm really liking this game so far BrokenTorpedo (except the card game ofc, I have no idea wtf even is happening there). There's a few bugs and improvements I want to suggest.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's all I've got for now. Great game, waiting for more.

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes