4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
kccover.png

Overview:
Queen Marguerite sits unsteadily on her throne. Her nobles are fractious and insolent and a foreign king is hungrily eyeing her borders The only relief she has from her stress is a forbidden passion that the powerful Church disapproves of. When her secret is revealed, an anonymous blackmailer pushes her towards ever more dangerous games. Manage factions, grow your economy, and build a military able to withstand foreign invasion in this exciting interactive novel!​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-10
Release Date: 2023-06-10
Developer: Robin Wrightwell/Endless Effrontery
Censored: No
Version: 0.40
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
HTML: - - -

Dramatis Personae.png Image 4.png Image 5.png

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
A decent concept in terms of plot for an html game, even though full text based isn't my thing (just personal taste). Anyway, good luck on your project.

Also a small recomendation, at least for me it's way easier to the eye to read on black screen, it would be nice to swap the interface colors, specially if the main screen has the bigger text.

Last edited:

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
I think if you make a game that relies entirely on text you should give the player some form of interaction not only during regular gameplay but especially during the explicit stuff.

It's not very engaging to click "I agree/disagree Lord Fartypants" and it opens an entire page of interaction hidden behind this very simple answer that you've given.
It's similar with the explicit scenes. Clicking "Let us have sexual interactions" and then it all happens automatically is just not very engaging.

Also it doesn't hurt to at least give the characters a face.
You can do that nowadays with AI art where you don't need to have any skills. Just a picture of the upper body is usually enough to give the player some kind of idea who he is talking to.
It's why Light Novels are so popular.

F_myname

Jul 29, 2018
I don't mind a text-based game, but after giving this a cursory glance, thousands of words of story with seemingly meaningless choices doesn't feel like an interactive experience. If you want this to be a game with choices, provide more choices more frequently. Otherwise just remove the choices and call it a novel.
Bit harsh but I have to agree. Hope there will be more interactions.
The theme and plot really suites my kinks. Good luck on the development.

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The concept is old and has several well developed games like this of a high quality are out.:censored:
Dev will have a hella hard time with this:cautious:
Oh well good luck:cool:

Endless_Effrontery

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2023
A decent concept in terms of plot for an html game, even though full text based isn't my thing (just personal taste). Anyway, good luck on your project.

Also a small recomendation, at least for me it's way easier to the eye to read on black screen, it would be nice to swap the interface colors, specially if the main screen has the bigger text.
I went back and forth on this. Having worked in twine before, I've had people complain about the white on black as burning the eyes too. Any particular combo you prefer?

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes