VN Ren'Py Abandoned Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Christmas special] [Frostworks]

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
Though admittedly, I feel like it might be weird if I DID reach out to get verified. Since I largely came here to dispel rumours and respond to any doubts people may have had against the game while answering any questions they may have had. I've already stated it before--but I was never all that thrilled about alpha builds being leaked here against my wishes, nor the game being pirated in general.
While I never got tags myself, I don't think anyone is going to verify anything here(I can't even imagine how exactly it could be done, after all it's pretty much a pirate forum, and providing the proof of ownership of the game to get a tag here sounds quite funny). From my perspective it will be something along: "Hey, I'm a dev so could you give me a tag?" - "Sure, here you go" or something.

Getting tag will make you more recognizable, and as result will make it easier to spread information and your views around, though yea, since the thread isn't updated, it's not of much use but to stomp the un-attentive audience. It's totally your choice and I'm writing it more in case you may decide to do it in future, like when the second chapter will be finished, or even third. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
Whoops! I apologize, my bad. I was expecting "Developer" tag or any kind of special effects on your username that no free user could ever do.
No worries. I don't really know how the rest of this site works, lol. I just come here to try and keep people from freaking out or making absurd rumours about the game that might be otherwise harmful. : P But for what it's worth I AM the developer. Honest!
It is a bit confusing how two people responded acting like they're the developer...
I getcha, haha. One person copy and pasted an existing Patreon post of mine--but didn't signify it was, or label it as such, which probably lent to the confusion as I made my own post under it.

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
The h-scenes featured in this build have been quite a nice variety of scenes, too--from the kissy/cuddle stuff, to far more possessive and dominating scenes. The whole mix, and everything you've come to know and love from QF~
F-Works
Everyone's got their kink, and Chapter 1 and the audio adventures were all shockingly good with all that oral domination. Hopefully there's plenty more of that in Chapter 2.

And even if it's more of a mix, it's still going to be outstanding I'm sure. All the best, can't wait for the finished product.

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
F-Works
Everyone's got their kink, and Chapter 1 and the audio adventures were all shockingly good with all that oral domination. Hopefully there's plenty more of that in Chapter 2.

And even if it's more of a mix, it's still going to be outstanding I'm sure. All the best, can't wait for the finished product.
Thank you so much! I definitely do give those sorts of scenes the care they deserve, painstakingly writing out all the directions for each voiced like to really emphasise them, so I'm glad it shines through! I know they're a bit more of a niche, given they don't even involve any explicit nudity or acts, but I think I find them more erotic personally, haha--so I pursue a lot of that alongside the usual acts.

Aesimar

Jan 31, 2019
Never say never! I really am getting closer with these grand finale events. It's just so many words. @~@
Still, we who cannot afford to be your patrons won't have the opportunity to play it probably for quite some time. Which, though fair, will be sad.

Paladinpal

Mar 28, 2018
If versions released thus far are any indication to go by I wouldn't be too worried. Just a few weeks difference between me playing them and Patreons. Thanking you kindly, dear pirates.

MaxPain22192

May 27, 2018
Make sure to add walkthrough, I can't afford to miss every scenes.
I think the community should probably handle that one, Frost has been writing scenes for this one chapter for like 4 plus years now, the least we can do is create a walkthrough the whole community can use instead of Frost putting in even more writing for chapter 2 than just the game itself.

GrammarApe

Aug 19, 2019
I think the community should probably handle that one, Frost has been writing scenes for this one chapter for like 4 plus years now, the least we can do is create a walkthrough the whole community can use instead of Frost putting in even more writing for chapter 2 than just the game itself.
No walkthrough is fine as long as there's cheat option.

But I wonder if such feature is available for free users.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Cheat option for a visual novel? Is that even needed? It's a RenPy VN so it can just be unpacked and all its paths traced by looking at the code. Walkthrough shouldn't be hard to create from there.

GrammarApe

Aug 19, 2019
Cheat option for a visual novel? Is that even needed? It's a RenPy VN so it can just be unpacked and all its paths traced by looking at the code. Walkthrough shouldn't be hard to create from there.
Oops, my bad. It seems I got used from the previous games I played. I ended up assuming all games were MMORPG and I don't really know the difference between them and a Visual Novel.

• Haha
Reactions: falafelswoop

Jerrian

Mar 29, 2020
Never say never! I really am getting closer with these grand finale events. It's just so many words. @~@
I´m not a patreon but played part 1, the demo of part 2 and following your twitter posts. As far as I can tell, the second part is wayyyy bigger then the first one and therefore taking so much time to get finished, maybe it had been a better solution to split the second part in two, so us fans don ´t have to wait for so long ;-). Good luck with your work, maybe we can have part 2 finished as xmas gift under the tree :-D.

Reactions: User1230

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
I´m not a patreon but played part 1, the demo of part 2 and following your twitter posts. As far as I can tell, the second part is wayyyy bigger then the first one and therefore taking so much time to get finished, maybe it had been a better solution to split the second part in two, so us fans don ´t have to wait for so long ;-). Good luck with your work, maybe we can have part 2 finished as xmas gift under the tree :-D.
Heya, thank you so much for your support! I really appreciate it! Chapter Two is definitely a different beast from Chapter One altogether, haha. And while I could have planned it better, I'm super happy with how everything is coming along.

I did seriously consider splitting it into two parts at one time--as I feel I have more than enough content already to justify a first part, which would still be far larger than Chapter One. But a lot of the events and character arcs are deeply entwined within everything else, from other character moments, to even the main story beats. To split things into a first part would involve untangling all of those threads and trying to ensure they all still made sense--while also having a lot of event that chains that just kind of...awkwardly end with no real resolution until the second part. In the end, I felt this wouldn't be a good experience--and wanted people to experience everything in one go, and being able to see each character 'route' or arc to its end without tons of roadblocks in the way.

It has naturally meant that there's been an ungodly long gap between Chapter One and Chapter Two, now, but I'm hoping--and PRAYING--that the full game will feel like a good few chapters in one in terms of content, and give people more than enough to be happy with when they play!

Reactions: Jerrian

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
Heya, thank you so much for your support! I really appreciate it! Chapter Two is definitely a different beast from Chapter One altogether, haha. And while I could have planned it better, I'm super happy with how everything is coming along.

I did seriously consider splitting it into two parts at one time--as I feel I have more than enough content already to justify a first part, which would still be far larger than Chapter One. But a lot of the events and character arcs are deeply entwined within everything else, from other character moments, to even the main story beats. To split things into a first part would involve untangling all of those threads and trying to ensure they all still made sense--while also having a lot of event that chains that just kind of...awkwardly end with no real resolution until the second part. In the end, I felt this wouldn't be a good experience--and wanted people to experience everything in one go, and being able to see each character 'route' or arc to its end without tons of roadblocks in the way.

It has naturally meant that there's been an ungodly long gap between Chapter One and Chapter Two, now, but I'm hoping--and PRAYING--that the full game will feel like a good few chapters in one in terms of content, and give people more than enough to be happy with when they play!
is chapter 2's planned ending supposed to end the story of Matt or you are toying already with the concept of a trilogy?

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
is chapter 2's planned ending supposed to end the story of Matt or you are toying already with the concept of a trilogy?
Heya,

The story has always intended to be at least 3 or 4 parts! Chapter Two has a lot of developments, but still won't quite be the end of the overarching plot.

I have tons planned for Chapter Three already, too--including assets, and a good chunk of outline for things. While Chapter Two has certainly taken longer than I anticipated, that hasn't prevented me from planning ahead like a responsible person. : P