VN Ren'Py Abandoned Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Christmas special] [Frostworks]

LightHF

Oct 18, 2020
No, there's just recurring buggy shit going on with that specific thread, for some reason. Supposedly it fixes itself if you make a post and retry.
Y'know, this kinda sounds like the sort of thing some people would implement as a feature instead of a bug. Only reason I figure it's not on purpose is because it'd be known by now if it was.

Mar 15, 2020
Patreon here. The speed of development got rly bad over the years. Just played the new alpha build that was 10 months in the making and oh boy you ll probably have to wait another 5 years before this game actually comes out. The quality of the game is fine but it rly moves forward in ultra slow motion. Just read here that the developer wants to make 2 more parts after this one??? You guys better check if games like these will be allowed in your local retirement home.

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
I'm doing my best. ;~:

And while it took a while--I was quite proud of how much ground this build covered, with the main story being about 90% done now, with just a few ending things to wrap for it before I laser focused on the remaining side events, haha. The climax of chapter 2 is essentially done, and was some of the more difficult stuff for me to write.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020
I'm doing my best. ;~:

And while it took a while--I was quite proud of how much ground this build covered, with the main story being about 90% done now, with just a few ending things to wrap for it before I laser focused on the remaining side events, haha. The climax of chapter 2 is essentially done, and was some of the more difficult stuff for me to write.
Dont take it to heart that much.
Like i said story and scenes re completely fine. However with the amount of content it contained it should ve come out 6 r 7 months ago imo. But i think the people who re still left supporting you on patreon or elsewhere dont mind your working speed anyway. I just want the people who lurk in here waiting for the full release to get the complete experience know what they re getting into. Also as you ve been, lets say, overly optimistic with the predictions of your own working speed in the last few years id take any of your statements to it with a heavy grain of salt. The game is fine. I think it will be worth buying when it comes out, but i also guarantee you this wont be in the next few years.

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
Dont take it to heart that much.
Like i said story and scenes re completely fine. However with the amount of content it contained it should ve come out 6 r 7 months ago imo. But i think the people who re still left supporting you on patreon or elsewhere dont mind your working speed anyway. I just want the people who lurk in here waiting for the full release to get the complete experience know what they re getting into. Also as you ve been, lets say, overly optimistic with the predictions of your own working speed in the last few years id take any of your statements to it with a heavy grain of salt. The game is fine. I think it will be worth buying when it comes out, but i also guarantee you this wont be in the next few years.
Haha, it's all good. I completely agree with you on the fact that it should have come out much sooner than this, and will be admitting as such in my next dev log when I look back at the current state of the game. I was optimistic it would be done earlier for the longest time, but ran into some severe roadblocks and writer's block with so much of the scenario stuff. It was my genuine belief that I'd make a breakthrough on those blocks and then zoom through the rest of the required work for the build and wanted to give people hope at the end of the dark tunnel--but obviously that backfired on me time and time again. Dx It ended up being a slow, grueling stumble through writing out some of the most important story bits that I wanted just write, including a few re-writes.

Here's hoping now all the big serious stuff is done and it's just lighthearted shenanigans left to go that I won't slam into as many of those walls in my writing!

Thank you for your support and kind words. <3 Apologies for overreacting, I think it was just a bit of a downer to see after working so many near-sleepless nights in a fever to do the last bits of the build, that the first bit of feedback I saw for the build was how slow I was lol. But you're not wrong at all.

Jun 7, 2017
Really weird seeing the developer here, a site which pirates H-Games. Anyway the developer is VERY slow. How long has it been ? 5 Years?! Damn.

Anyway, not that we here should really complain but if i was a Patreon... oh boy

Reactions: TheGremlin21

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
I came here largely to respond to queries and help clear up any misconceptions, as theories were running wild before and I didn't want people getting the wrong idea, haha. Outside of that I don't take part in other aspect of the site. I thought it might be appreciated! Though maybe I'm worrying a bit too much about what everyone thinks and should distance myself, I dunno. I just want everyone to be happy, lol. ;~;

Ironically, it's the patrons that seem to be the most understanding and supportive of the long development time. Naturally that doesn't apply to EVERYONE as I've had some people express their frustrations, but I'm getting there! As I've said before, when I put it into the context of how much I got done in a year for Chapter One, versus how much I've done for Chapter Two in that same time, I'm quite proud of the overall word count and content. Naturally I'm going to be aiming for shorter games in the future, lol. Much, much shorter games. The 'epic' sized games aren't worth the stress or hassle.

Jerrian

Mar 29, 2020
I came here largely to respond to queries and help clear up any misconceptions, as theories were running wild before and I didn't want people getting the wrong idea, haha. Outside of that I don't take part in other aspect of the site. I thought it might be appreciated! Though maybe I'm worrying a bit too much about what everyone thinks and should distance myself, I dunno. I just want everyone to be happy, lol. ;~;

Ironically, it's the patrons that seem to be the most understanding and supportive of the long development time. Naturally that doesn't apply to EVERYONE as I've had some people express their frustrations, but I'm getting there! As I've said before, when I put it into the context of how much I got done in a year for Chapter One, versus how much I've done for Chapter Two in that same time, I'm quite proud of the overall word count and content. Naturally I'm going to be aiming for shorter games in the future, lol. Much, much shorter games. The 'epic' sized games aren't worth the stress or hassle.
Nah, i think it ´s worth the stress to aim for big goals and more content is better then less content when you telling a story, as long as the story is good I would say. :) It ´s similar when reading books, I dislike single books as I find the story creation too short and when I just get into it, the book is over. So I prefer to read bookrows that contain many books like the wheel of time for example. God it was so frustrating when one book was finished and you had to wait for months or years for the next one...

Same is with your current work, it got too big, we talked before and I said it might had been a better idea if you had split this one in 2 two chapters, but It guess it wasn ´t easy or possible as you changed some things at the beginning of the story from time to time, so it can ´t be helped. But I´m looking forward to play your game when it comes out for the next 1-2 years :-D and know the waiting was worth it ;-).

As for the understanding of your patrons, they have a better look at your progress as we not patrons don ´t have, so it ´s easier to have patience for them I guess.

Have a nice xmas everyone.

StupidDumbJerk

Aug 15, 2018
Just started Chapter 2. It's really good!

Before I get too far into it, though, I wanted to try Chapter 1, as suggested. But the Ch1 thread is apparently oddly borked. I see some comments suggesting that if we post, the thread becomes unblocked. So let's see if that works....

Edit: It does work. What an odd issue.