VN Ren'Py Abandoned Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Christmas special] [Frostworks]

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
Looked up the game after years and I am properly let down. This amount of content would take any other half assed couch dev on this site 5-6 months to release on the side of CGs and we are talking about very low and milking standards right now. Like, I cannot believe what I am seeing lol, this is still a demo after how many, 5 years?

Why not just give up and stop being duplicitous? Well, not that it matters really, there are many people like that, it's shame that no one will give me back the time it took to review this thing

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
Looked up the game after years and I am properly let down. This amount of content would take any other half assed couch dev on this site 5-6 months to release on the side of CGs and we are talking about very low and milking standards right now. Like, I cannot believe what I am seeing lol, this is still a demo after how many, 5 years?

Why not just give up and stop being duplicitous? Well, not that it matters really, there are many people like that, it's shame that no one will give me back the time it took to review this thing
the game has not released any demos since 2-3 years ago i believe, the 0.7 was a leak and the christmas demo is not really a "demo" of what is there so far, but the release of two of the scenes.
though, i too believe this is taking to long, and if it doesn't release this year it will be extremely weird.
Having said that, only the patrons know how far the game has come and for what i've read, they seem to be okay with what they are getting for the most part.
us freeloaders will have to wait and see for the final product, since this is one of those rare instances where the developer doesn't want to share anything about the product other than a first demo and the final product to non-paying customers.

edit: according to the creator at the 21 of December of 2021 apparently roughly 90% is finished, so give or take next 6 month (since 5 years is 1825 days, and 10% of that is 182 days)

Last edited:
Reactions: Meloned and Jerrian

Azkiger

Oct 24, 2019
Been a while since I've played. Loved the voice acting and art (S tier), but without animations or sex sounds the erotic content fell flat for me (just personal preference). I know animations weren't going to be included, but any chance sex sounds were?

If not that's a shame for me. But I think there's still a big audience out there to enjoy it.

Master Blaster

Sep 24, 2017
Chapter 1 for this game is the first time I've seen the issue of needing to post at least once in order to see the thread since my time lurking here. Is this intentionally done or a site error? :unsure:

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of :

Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Main Story]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a text size slider.

here you can request there, and below my message, there's a link to my discord

JoeyMcFly

Aug 4, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of :

Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Main Story]

MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a text size slider.

here you can request there, and below my message, there's a link to my discord
What version of Ch2 is this ported from? The one in the OP, the Christmas special, or what?

Reactions: Artix0

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021
Been a while since I've played. Loved the voice acting and art (S tier), but without animations or sex sounds the erotic content fell flat for me (just personal preference). I know animations weren't going to be included, but any chance sex sounds were?

If not that's a shame for me. But I think there's still a big audience out there to enjoy it.
What are you talking about? The first game did have background moans, unless sex sounds means something else to you.
Also the art and voice acting were average at best lol

Reactions: Kan'u Unchou

Jerrian

Mar 29, 2020
The game is still in progress, best way is to follow him on patreon or twitter ( ) for some infos.

There is also sometimes infos in comments here:

As the Story and game content is much bigger then chapter one, it takes more time to finish it, no estimate date yet.

popxnr

Sep 18, 2018
It looks like this one's a lot more ambitious than the first, so it taking a while is pretty understandable.

Nov 20, 2017
Honestly, it has been 7 years at least, i barely have any faith in this anymore, it has hard to even know how the progress is by the way he answers everything, this thread will probably get locked like every other soon, but i really don't like how frost keep blaming himself for making the scope of the game so big everytime somebody questions, i even thought about being a patreon again just so i could get the gist of how thing are going, but, like a said before, i just don't too much faith in this anymore

pie4ever0

Aug 1, 2017
Wonder how many years ago this game would have been finished if the dev used the patreon money to hire someone to help with the writing instead of commissioning monthly art of the girls that has nothing to do with anything in the game.