VN Ren'Py Abandoned Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Christmas special] [Frostworks]

ZerosF25Zone

Apr 4, 2021
So what on gods name happened here?
I remember part 2 was a quart way into development in 2019
You mean to say we've only made a little bit of progress in part 2 for 5 years almost?
Sad but I wish the dev luck!
I really love everything about this game.

Reactions: TheGremlin21
Mar 15, 2020
Long time patreon supporter here. Dont expect this game to come out any time soon. Atm frostworks releases one update new update for the game per year! that consists of 2 lewd scenes and a little bit of story. For the next one it will take him even longer then that and I remember him saying that he needs like 3 or 4 more updates to finish chapter 2. So with his pace once again decreasing i woudnt expect this game to be released for at least 3 or 4 more years. theoretically theres a plan for a chapter 3 but with the current pacing i woudnt hold my breath to that ever coming out.

Jerrian

Mar 29, 2020
Long time patreon supporter here. Dont expect this game to come out any time soon. Atm frostworks releases one update new update for the game per year! that consists of 2 lewd scenes and a little bit of story. For the next one it will take him even longer then that and I remember him saying that he needs like 3 or 4 more updates to finish chapter 2. So with his pace once again decreasing i woudnt expect this game to be released for at least 3 or 4 more years. theoretically theres a plan for a chapter 3 but with the current pacing i woudnt hold my breath to that ever coming out.
Nice to hear an opinion from a patreon user, as the majority doesn ´t know what ´s happening behind the curtain. 3-4 years sound really bad and I hope you ´re wrong about it, my last knowledge was he ´s busy with the story and dialogues so I was thinking it ´s content complete and just some texting and finetuning left, tbh I hoped for a christmal release. Hmm, I ´ll go back in standby modus then. :-(

pie4ever0

Aug 1, 2017
That's disappointing to hear but not surprising. Seems like the game has been expected to come out "next year" for 5 years straight. A shame, because the characters are really good.

Reactions: TheGremlin21
Nov 20, 2017
I won't mince my words, if that is true, this is messed up, it does truly feel like he is milking his patreons like this, this is the first time i see an h-game that may take more than 10 years to finish, and it's only the part 2

Jul 21, 2018
For those unaware, Quest Failed morphed into a Patreon scam several years ago. The game has had zero public movement in like two years, the developer posts once a month to tell people it's definitely coming and then collects their money. In the time this game has been in dev entire VNs like Umbrelloids game Champion of Venus have started and finished development.

This is a scam project. It won't release until the dev thinks the amount they hustle out of patreon is low enough that releasing it and then starting the train up again for part 3 is required.

pie4ever0

Aug 1, 2017
It's hilarious(ly terrible) how one of the mid-tier Patreon bonuses is "getting demo releases a few weeks ahead of the public", when, unless I'm mistaken, for its entire lifespan, the public demo's only been updated ONCE, for the Christmas special a couple years back.

fozfoz

Jan 24, 2019
Ah almost forgot all about this title. Have not checked in for a couple of years, colour me unsurprised with the lack of progress. The lad is blatantly milking this for all it's worth.. and heck far more than it is worth. The only way I see progress being made on this project is if his patreon numbers take a significant drop and he feels he must release/do some more content to string ppl along a bit further. Shame this was brimming with potential about 5 years back (or more it's hard to remember how long he's been giving his patreon peeps the ring tickle to keep funds pouring in).

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
I dunno, I enjoyed most of what exists for Quest Failed, and I couldn't say that much for Yandere Simulator. Also the protagonist is about as shota as you can get under shit Western censorship.

ZerosF25Zone

Apr 4, 2021
So by the time this game is finished,I'm going to be infertile.
Got it.

• Haha
Reactions: Artix0

XzerocokeX

Jan 7, 2020
What a damn shame, played the first chapter when it had just released, and eagerly followed the production of chapter 2 for more than a year, checking in every 4 months or so after kinda giving up on it. At this point its been more than a year since i checked up on it, and nothing, nothing at all, has changed. Sucks, because the first game is still great, and the second had so much potential

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
I remember fondly supporting the first game and loved my slime and mummy girl and when I heard 2 was going to be made I continued support it on patreon until I was unable to do so with my pension got reduced a year ago.

Shame to see it happen and i still hope it will come out for those who waits for it :(
Unfortunally not the first time something like this happen nor the last time...
nowadays i just hope I do not fall inlove with one of those projects again :HideThePain:

TheGremlin21

Sep 19, 2018
I remember fondly supporting the first game and loved my slime and mummy girl and when I heard 2 was going to be made I continued support it on patreon until I was unable to do so with my pension got reduced a year ago.

Shame to see it happen and i still hope it will come out for those who waits for it :(
Unfortunally not the first time something like this happen nor the last time...
nowadays i just hope I do not fall inlove with one of those projects again :HideThePain:
I liked Q1 and Q2. I remember the dev stating that Q2 would be released aprox 3 Christmas's ago. I stopped subbing on patreon as come to the unfortunate conclusion that the dev was either scamming people or just had exceptionally poor business acumen.

It also doesn't invite confidence that you don't know the current game version until you subscribe and then have to wait an entire month until you are sent a link to the current game version.

• Sad
Reactions: falafelswoop