4.00 star(s) 22 Votes

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I just had a look at his patron page and he is still wasting his time and money by adding redundant stuff/ working on BS like he was doing from the beginning. This guy just can't be trusted. He needs to organize his work life asap.
It also gets on my nerves when developers try to create adult games, but forget what is the selling point of the game.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Or maybe he perfectly understood that the selling point on patreon is making people pay for waiting...

besides, let's be honest, nobody gives a sh.. about new content (specially after dungeon 2), everybody was just waiting for the missing sex scenes to complete the characters ark. (by everybody I mean ...me :p)

jonrender

Sep 20, 2017
The game was good and was constantly updated each month. And then the Dream World Nation attacked.
Seriously, it's too redundant.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I dunno if I've ever seen a dev string people along for this long without a single version update. I mean at least they show that they're making progress instead of just radio silence, but damn. It's pretty crazy how long it's been since a new version.

I kinda wish they would have spent the time to make original characters at this point. Jacking premade 3d characters kinda made sense when the game was still new, but with all this development time, it seems kinda lazy now. It's weird to have all this new content and years of development time and still the premade 3d characters that all have different artstyles.

Reactions: Opfer2323

Opfer2323

Dec 18, 2017
New Patreon post is NOT an actual update. Any promises on said post saying "this month" or "soon" are full of shit until proven otherwise.
How are peopl still surprised about that? He has said "Soon" or "next month" countless of times lmao. Im pretty sure that even if an update releases, that it will be extremely underwhelming.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
How are peopl still surprised about that? He has said "Soon" or "next month" countless of times lmao. Im pretty sure that even if an update releases, that it will be extremely underwhelming.
According to the updates, yes. Underwhelming.

The developer is focusing too much in trying to make a 'good game' instead of making a 'good adult game'. He is making too many systems (magic, stealth, combat, grappling hook, swimming, etc).

Opfer2323

Dec 18, 2017
According to the updates, yes. Underwhelming.

The developer is focusing too much in trying to make a 'good game' instead of making a 'good adult game'. He is making too many systems (magic, stealth, combat, grappling hook, swimming, etc).
Well to be fair that would actually make the game fun to play maybe so it's not that bad. How many adult games are out there that are actually technically good games? I think better technical details instantly makes for a better game in general but yeah if the adult parts of the game only receive half as much love and attention it's pretty hit or miss haha

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Well to be fair that would actually make the game fun to play maybe so it's not that bad. How many adult games are out there that are actually technically good games? I think better technical details instantly makes for a better game in general but yeah if the adult parts of the game only receive half as much love and attention it's pretty hit or miss haha
The thing is, the thing that makes most adult games developers fail is the same: trying to make a game with some adult content and not the other way around.

The gaming industry is so saturated, it demands too much to create something better than the competition. Meanwhile, the 3D adult gaming industry is just incipient. We only have 100 3D games rated higher than 4*. I don't understand how a gold rush to this market hasn't started yet.

Reactions: egg567

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
We only have 100 3D games rated higher than 4*. I don't understand how a gold rush to this market hasn't started yet.
Because big companies like Illusion have already put the gravestone on it by eating the competition and imposing their business model. all is left is little room for this kind of amatorial stuff, no matter how good, wich lacks the professionalism and experience to deliver a finished product.
(the various economic and technological issues play anyways a big role in all that)

--- not to mention that the Patreon "structure" incentivates continuity... (some could interpret it as "never finishing") ---

Last edited:

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Because big companies like Illusion have already put the gravestone on it by eating the competition and imposing their business model. all is left is little room for this kind of amatorial stuff, no matter how good, wich lacks the professionalism and experience to deliver a finished product.
(the various economic and technological issues play anyways a big role in all that)

--- not to mention that the Patreon "structure" incentivates continuity... (some could interpret it as "never finishing") ---
You are putting all fault for the lack of development of an incipient market in a single japanese eroge company... dude...

Firstly, they don't eat any competition: They never buyout other studios, they don't hire other companies staff (I wish they did, their guys are awful), they can't impose their business model lol (how would they do that?)

The reason we don't have a big company making adult games is because sex is a taboo, so there will be backlash for adult games would createed by any gaming developer or publisher. Also, think about how hard it is to advertise such games.

Also Illusion focuses Japan market. Only a few of their games are available to buy outside Japan.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
You are putting all fault for the lack of development of an incipient market in a single japanese eroge company... dude...

Firstly, they don't eat any competition: They never buyout other studios, they don't hire other companies staff (I wish they did, their guys are awful), they can't impose their business model lol (how would they do that?)

The reason we don't have a big company making adult games is because sex is a taboo, so there will be backlash for adult games would createed by any gaming developer or publisher. Also, think about how hard it is to advertise such games.

Also Illusion focuses Japan market. Only a few of their games are available to buy outside Japan.
Sorry to disappoint you, but... to be precise
1st- I'm not blaming a single company ('big companies like...), I blame the behaviour.

2nd- Yes they actually bought out at least 2 companies, the one I regret the most Teatime, hiring the main programmer
--- --- [small ref]
Teatime was already in bad shape, mainly because of their titles being too heavy even for the hi-end machines at the time, but that turned out in dismissing all the good concepts and just producing one (lame) anime style title with Artificial Academy now evolved into Koikatsu... same concept repeated over and over .....and over, since Artificial Girl, just focusing on graphics and advertising to overcome the competition [business model].

Apply all that to a market that has what?.. 2 million users total? it becomes obvious that if you run a company and sell idk.. 5.000 - 10.000 copies (already good numbers), you don't even get to pay the energy bill.

Now the mainstream online platforms are changing all that, and lowering the distribution costs, but still it will never be a big company industry, more of an artisan job, and that should answer your question about quality.

Also I remember there was a producer trying to appropriate all the fanbase mods, but luckly they failed the attempt and I don't recall who they were... nevermind

**** my god I'm being boring...***
but seriously, if you want to know how a good game was concieved (not realized) go see Love death 555 and Love death Final. with an external utility to make your own chars vertex by vertex as well as motions and import everything in game among other things.

Reactions: Opfer2323

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
1st- I'm not blaming a single company ('big companies like...), I blame the behaviour.

2nd- Yes they actually bought out at least 2 companies, the one I regret the most Teatime, hiring the main programmer
--- --- [small ref]
Teatime was already in bad shape, mainly because of their titles being too heavy even for the hi-end machines at the time, but that turned out in dismissing all the good concepts and just producing one (lame) anime style title with Artificial Academy now evolved into Koikatsu... same concept repeated over and over .....and over, since Artificial Girl, just focusing on graphics and advertising to overcome the competition [business model].

Apply all that to a market that has what?.. 2 million users total? it becomes obvious that if you run a company and sell idk.. 5.000 - 10.000 copies (already good numbers), you don't even get to pay the energy bill.

Now the mainstream online platforms are changing all that, and lowering the distribution costs, but still it will never be a big company industry, more of an artisan job, and that should answer your question about quality.

Also I remember there was a producer trying to appropriate all the fanbase mods, but luckly they failed the attempt and I don't recall who they were... nevermind

but seriously, if you want to know how a good game was concieved (not realized) go see Love death 555 and Love death Final. with an external utility to make your own chars vertex by vertex as well as motions and import everything in game among other things.
Hiring unemployed people is not buying out a company.

There are far more than 2 milion people buying Adult games. Unless 100% of the market bought Mirror 2 for example (yes 2 million copies sold for a scam). Also, people are willing to pay much more for an Adult game than for a AAA game. (subscribing 5 dollars/month for a year is 60$)

So, I think the main problem with adult gaming industry is overcoming the advertisement barrier. Not Illusion Games. And not the lack of interest.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
I'm actually referring to the fact that at the time they were accused of drawning the company to hire the workers, but it's the market law if you will.. I'm more concerned with the fact that they keep miles away from their full potential, take it as a fan frustration.
Infact I'm now making videos with the studio for a change...
Lum Alien Alien KKS.avi_snapshot_01.23.034.jpg

as for Mirror 2 those are the kind of soft-ero those made it to the mainstream back in the 90s arcade and got somehow tolerated in time, just like videopoker (I remember the excuses at the time... "I'm plaing the game... I don't care about the naked woman :rolleyes: lol)

Reactions: Wolfiee

Opfer2323

Dec 18, 2017

--- --- [small ref]

I totally agree with you, especially when it comes to the creativity with these games especially from illusion.. they used to be so big with so many different games man its really sad what they have become. Nowadays all we can do is hope that some indie developers will actually put out a game that they poured their heart into. And even the indie market is beginning to do the same shit over and over again (like everyone copying summertime saga for example lmao)

Reactions: JhonLui
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes