Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
I hate playing update to update so I tend to wait on games to get a few releases deep. But man..this one is being sold HARD. I might need to cave and test the early waters. It looks so fucking cool

Reactions: VOYEUR

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I must say this is the kind of game i look for on this site i don't like games where the mc is a stupid creep and there's no story but this game is different i really like it so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: myst0501 and Hengat

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
View attachment 2471317

Hello everyone!
I’m still working on the 8th scene but I’m starting to see the finish line so that’s promising :D After that one there’s only a few smaller (much much smaller) scenes and one big race scene. In the next development update I’ll say more about the number of images and animations because its number grew significantly recently.
I would like to say that there is little work left to do, but unfortunately that’s not true. I hope that after the 8th scene, which consumes most of my free time at the moment, everything will go smoothly. In the meantime, we're further polishing the outline for Episode 3 and we can say that it's pre-finished and we even have the proper ending! There is a chance that we will change something, but at the moment I feel confident that such a version is pretty good, good enough to call it the end of Act I.
With the release of the game on Steam, there is still a lot of additional work involved, which we already started to think about. First of all, we want to translate the game into several (if it goes well, a dozen) languages. So if you know some languages well enough or they are your native languages and you are not afraid of translating Race of Life from English - contact us! :D We currently do not offer any remuneration, but this may change in the future. We are looking for people who would be ready to translate the text themselves or only check the correctness of already translated text, so if you do not feel confident enough to translate the entire text from scratch, but would like to check the correctness of the already translated text - you can also apply and help us in improving different language versions of Race of Life! :D In addition, if you would like to help as a beta-tester or proofreader, there is also such a possibility. For this position you need fluency in English and preferably a great eye for detail, the ability to find even the smallest visual, spelling or plot errors! Feel free to contact us here if you are a Patron or PM Jachu on our Discord!

Also there's a few new polls to leave your vote for. First one is about the Episode 2 Extra Scene. I need your help in choosing the right outfit for the selected girl :D Probably there will be more questions about the other parts of the outfits later so stay tuned! :D The other poll is about March Wallpaper!
1) What should the chosen character from Episode 2 Extra Scene wear? -
2) March Wallpaper -

There's no public preview today but if you'd like to see Extra Preview or NSFW Preview, come and take a look :D
1) Extra Preview -
2) NSFW preview -

And as always a few words from Joshua :D :

Well, we're getting ever closer to Episode 2 release. I know a lot of people are very keen to know when it'll be ready to play, and I feel you, belie me (I'm looking forward to it too). All I can say is that literally no one wants it out there more than Jachu and I, and we're doing what we can to make it happen as quickly as possible, while still keeping with the style that you enjoyed in Episode 1.

For the new followers, the main reason it's taken so long to update is because it's a massive episode. Even with some recent edits, it still sits at 531 pages of dialogue (171,539 words). As a comparison, Dostoyevski's Crime and Punishment comes in at 179,500 words (in the English translation).

So, it's big, is what I'm saying.

But, episode 3 is already in the works. As Jachu has mentioned in other updates, episode 3 will be special as it concludes the first portion of the story, and will be the point where we will release it on Steam, so there will be a bit of a payoff as the story moves into the next phase. Writing that payoff and the build up to it is taking up most of my time at the moment. Getting that flow right is massively important.

I was asked on Discord if I'm still using playlists to write characters, and I am. As a little bit of a teaser, here's my playlist for a character that we saw in Episode 1, but she gets a little more screentime in Episode 2: Kris Sweet
Kris' list:

In This Moment - Adrenalize
Epica - Storm the Sorrow
Flyleaf - So sick
Flyleaf - All Around Me
Starset - My Demons
Pop Evil - The Boss's Daughter
League of Legends - Get Jinxed
Diamante - Coming in hot
Falling in Reverse - Popular Monster
Fallen Captive - Famous
In This Moment - Just Drive
Halestorm - Lovebites
Jinjer - Pisces
Motley Crue - Kickstart my heart
Evanescence - Going Under
Amyl and the sniffers - Guided by Angels Halocene - Chop Suey (cover)
It's funny, but when writing scenes that heavily feature female characters (and most scenes do) I generally like female vocalists to bring in that sort of vibe. That's why I've added a cover of System of a Down rather than the original. Serj Tankian is a boss, but I just end up rocking out and not getting any work done.

Stay tuned!
Going to have basically replace all of that music once it hits Steam as it's all copyrighted. I hate that. Guess someone will have to make a music replacement mod.

WAID1337

Aug 23, 2019
Going to have basically replace all of that music once it hits Steam as it's all copyrighted. I hate that. Guess someone will have to make a music replacement mod.
I'm pretty sure he listed these songs as what he listens to while writing characters, these are not the songs in game afaik

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
One thing that bugs me about this game is that you're paying a company 5 million dollars that are about to go out of business if you say no. It seems to be the worst financial decision anyone could make, and honestly makes no sense how they're even still afloat. Yeah, it's a game and doesn't have to be realistic but it could've be done better.

It's just a set up to this dude racing for money and it's honestly terribly done.

Jun 21, 2020
I wonder if we are going to meet the BFF's mom? And if yes... Then she must be fuckable and she better be a worthy MILF! Coz no potential MILF is introduced yet in the game except the Doctor. TBH I am not much interested in the doctor. :HideThePain:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: MikeOG

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
TBF, he was the one who cheated on her, so its sort of reasonable why she is bitter towards him. He is pretty much a dick towards his woman so far
And that's the reason why i like this game in the first place. It's not you clasic case of perfect MC without any flaws. This game makes MC be a scum who cheated on his wife. Usualy story with these kind of games wife cheated on MC, MC is heartbroken and you know the rest.

Nov 17, 2018
And that's the reason why i like this game in the first place. It's not you clasic case of perfect MC without any flaws. This game makes MC be a scum who cheated on his wife. Usualy story with these kind of games wife cheated on MC, MC is heartbroken and you know the rest.
Yeah. Even towards the woman who he cheated with he didn't really act nice towards her either. Pretty much a dick all the way through. He has tons of flaws. We can either explore upon that or makes it a redemption arc for him. Pretty refreshing of a concept imo

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
Preview (2).png

Hello everyone!

Last few weeks I’ve spent mostly on animations. I haven’t done these in a while so it was tough to get used to but after a few days I was back on track. Here are some numbers for you :D For now we have over 2100 images and 50 animations done! In the meantime our beta testing team was working really hard too. They've done a lot of proofreading to Episode 1 and Episode 2 as well. We have also started working on the translation side. At the moment we are preparing the code to work for translators. People with Italian, German, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish and Spanish languages have applied but this doesn’t mean that we are not looking for people who speak one of these languages! If you know any of these or other languages - contact us here or PM Jachu on Discord. The more people who can help translate the text, the better! The translation part hasn't started yet, but I hope that in April it will.

In addition, Easter is coming up and I thought we could do what we do with every other holiday, big or small. Help me decide which girl should be Jake's bunny! One SFW render will be public and the other NSFW render will be exclusive to Patrons. What do you think about it?

You can vote !

Also if you’re wondering how one of the animations is looking - you can check it out on our Twitter - !

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Is there a time jump in the last scene of the last episode because the mc has a longer beard.
or am i imagining things?

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Yeah. Even towards the woman who he cheated with he didn't really act nice towards her either. Pretty much a dick all the way through. He has tons of flaws. We can either explore upon that or makes it a redemption arc for him. Pretty refreshing of a concept imo
Another thing that came to my mind is that since MC cheated on his wife, cheating on his lover, and lets not pretend that no one would go after some other girls, would make MC double bastard. So basicaly in this game you'll be a bad guy. If you try to reconcile with wife you're a bad guy because of your lover, if you go for any other girl again you're a bad guy cause you're doing the same thing as before. I think this is one rare game which makes MC a bad guy and i like it.

Sinsear001

Sep 19, 2017
Probably worth mentioning; Veronica isn't the one he cheated on Allison with. There's a line from Cooper (I think) that mentions that it was someone at his old job.

Nov 17, 2018
was
Probably worth mentioning; Veronica isn't the one he cheated on Allison with. There's a line from Cooper (I think) that mentions that it was someone at his old job.
Was there ? I thought it was Veronica. Weren't they in a 1 year relationship, before he got divorced ? I honestly don't remember. But tbf, even if its not, he is still treating Veronica like a plaything despite knowing that she clearly loves him or atleast care about him. He is abusing her love over him quite literally. Dick move for me

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I think i'll def nead to replay this game when EP2 comes out. My memory of this game is foggy. From what i remember Veronica was the coworker teacher and AP of MC. He cheated with her his wife or i missed something?

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Pretty sure he did not cheat with Veronica - he met her when he started teaching at the school and they just kind of hit it off and started hooking up. I'll admit it's been a little bit since I played the game, but I feel like I would have remembered if Veronica was the one he cheated with.

4.80 star(s) 169 Votes