08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
Jasmine_Valentines_SFW.png

Hello everyone!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Patrons decided that we should take Jasmine on a date and that the beach is the perfect place! I hope you like my special render if you haven't seen the NSFW version - !

I’m still transcribing the rest of the script. There are 3 really huge scenes ahead of me and one of them has around 800 images! Just one scene! But everything has a purpose, I don’t want to spoil anything…. Beta testers and proofreaders played through the first half of the Episode 2 already so real testing has started. To be honest real action begins in the second part of the Episode so most of the lewd scenes are there, that’s why there’s still plenty of work to do on my side but Joshua has some wonderful news for you:

Well, Episode 2 is getting closer to release. I’ve finished drafting the script. 501 pages and 158,345 words. To put that in context, it’s a couple hundred words longer than J R R Tolkein’s The Two Towers novel.

That’s a bit of a misrepresentation though, as a lot of that is due to the multiple paths and decision-dependent dialogue, and I don’t have any Ents, though they would be a cool addition.

The first seven scenes are already being beta tested and polished. The apex of the Episode has been designed and modelled, and looks fantastic. I think you guys will enjoy it, but I don’t want to spoil anything by giving away the plot there, but I think the renders will have a few players torn between their favourite girls.

I realize there has been some chatter about the length of time between Episode 1 and 2, and I think that falls mostly on me. Initially, there were a few scenes that I only intended to be there for hitting a couple of plot points, but it just felt right to flesh them out further, and create multiple ways they could play out, depending on player decisions.

I know it’s made a few people worried, but it’s happening. Starting up a project like this is always hard because every hour we spend on this, we’re not spending on our day job or health or families… you get the picture. We’re committed to telling the whole story, but neither of us want to rush out an update if we don’t think it’s telling the story in the way it needs to. It’s so easy to break immersion with a bunch of typos, an artifact in a render, or a plot point that is suddenly dropped for no reason, and we want to avoid that as much as possible.

Anyway, I’ll be helping polish the script for a bit, then I’ll script the bonus scene that you guys vote for, then it’s on to episode 3! I’ve already plotted it out, and have a good idea of what needs to happen to move forward the main story, as well as the side plots.

Stay tuned!

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
This is a real diamond in an ocean of mediocre crud. Unlike the usual dialogue/plot that looks like it's been written by a horny teen, this is actually intelligent and written for adults.
Hotties aside, the story is fucking awesome and the humor is on point.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Preview (1).png

Hello everyone!

I’m still working on scene 8. This one is definitely the biggest one in this Episode. I won’t be surprised if it’d contain around 1000 images and I can’t even imagine how many animations. As we said before, it’s huge… But in the meantime we started outlining Episode 3 and to be honest I feel like it’s almost ready for the next step which is writing dialogue. The only thing left is the ending. We cannot choose which ending will be the most suitable with satisfying resolve. We have plenty of ideas, so many plots which we can pick from but for now we’re not really sure which one is the best.
Why is this ending so important to us? The answer is simple, Episode 3 will be the ending of Act I. That's why we want this ending to be really satisfying regardles of what route you’re currently on. The other thing is that we want to release Act I on Steam. We think that Episode 1, 2 and 3 combined as Act I will be the perfect amount of content for the Steam release. I guess it will contain around 10 hours of gameplay. Of course it won’t be the end of the entire game. There’s still plenty of Episodes left.
Here are few words from Joshua
After finishing Episode 2, proofreading it and getting feedback from our beta players, I've been looking at Episode 3. Plotting out an episode is funny because just when you think it's finished, you make one change and then you need to unpick the whole thing to re-weave it into a coherent story. Even in episode 1 and 2 there were whole scenes that were made redundant or useless because we felt the story was better if we took it in a different direction. That's just part of writing and editing though, and I'd rather scrap a bad scene than try to shoehorn it into the game.
I'm also conscious of making Episode 3 short enough to get another episode out in a reasonable timeframe. That doesn't mean it'll be 'short', just that it won't be as huge as Episode 2. If all episodes were that long, it'd delay release by a lot, especially once we have dozens of plot threads running, with each needing variations on renders and animations.
On another positive note, we hit another record for Patrons last month. I cannot overstate how much that means to us. To know that people like what we do to help ensure that we can continue to do it is very encouraging. Thanks go out to each and every patron, your contribution helps us in so many ways.
Thanks also to those who have talked about the game on message boards, in youtube videos and shared opinions. Even when it's critical, a vast majority just want the game to be up to a high standard, and I don't mind being held to that at all.

Stay tuned!

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Racing and hot chicks?
Helll yeah.
The game has so much potential that it takes a special effort to ruin it.
Dude, you seriously need to cut this phone thing down a bit.

Developer notes: This game won't have these tags: NTR, Incest, Harem, Scat etc.

gandalf-lord-of-the-rings.gif

NO Ntr /NO Incest /NO Harem.
YES Dating sim /YES Romance
As if someone had heard my prayers.

Lord, please don't be another milking case.

ConcreteOilyHoneycreeper-size_restricted.gif

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
TRANSLATORS.png

Hello everyone!
I’m still working on the 8th scene but I’m starting to see the finish line so that’s promising :D After that one there’s only a few smaller (much much smaller) scenes and one big race scene. In the next development update I’ll say more about the number of images and animations because its number grew significantly recently.
I would like to say that there is little work left to do, but unfortunately that’s not true. I hope that after the 8th scene, which consumes most of my free time at the moment, everything will go smoothly. In the meantime, we're further polishing the outline for Episode 3 and we can say that it's pre-finished and we even have the proper ending! There is a chance that we will change something, but at the moment I feel confident that such a version is pretty good, good enough to call it the end of Act I.
With the release of the game on Steam, there is still a lot of additional work involved, which we already started to think about. First of all, we want to translate the game into several (if it goes well, a dozen) languages. So if you know some languages well enough or they are your native languages and you are not afraid of translating Race of Life from English - contact us! :D We currently do not offer any remuneration, but this may change in the future. We are looking for people who would be ready to translate the text themselves or only check the correctness of already translated text, so if you do not feel confident enough to translate the entire text from scratch, but would like to check the correctness of the already translated text - you can also apply and help us in improving different language versions of Race of Life! :D In addition, if you would like to help as a beta-tester or proofreader, there is also such a possibility. For this position you need fluency in English and preferably a great eye for detail, the ability to find even the smallest visual, spelling or plot errors! Feel free to contact us here if you are a Patron or PM Jachu on our Discord!

Also there's a few new polls to leave your vote for. First one is about the Episode 2 Extra Scene. I need your help in choosing the right outfit for the selected girl :D Probably there will be more questions about the other parts of the outfits later so stay tuned! :D The other poll is about March Wallpaper!
1) What should the chosen character from Episode 2 Extra Scene wear? -
2) March Wallpaper -

There's no public preview today but if you'd like to see Extra Preview or NSFW Preview, come and take a look :D
1) Extra Preview -
2) NSFW preview -

And as always a few words from Joshua :D :

Well, we're getting ever closer to Episode 2 release. I know a lot of people are very keen to know when it'll be ready to play, and I feel you, belie me (I'm looking forward to it too). All I can say is that literally no one wants it out there more than Jachu and I, and we're doing what we can to make it happen as quickly as possible, while still keeping with the style that you enjoyed in Episode 1.

For the new followers, the main reason it's taken so long to update is because it's a massive episode. Even with some recent edits, it still sits at 531 pages of dialogue (171,539 words). As a comparison, Dostoyevski's Crime and Punishment comes in at 179,500 words (in the English translation).

So, it's big, is what I'm saying.

But, episode 3 is already in the works. As Jachu has mentioned in other updates, episode 3 will be special as it concludes the first portion of the story, and will be the point where we will release it on Steam, so there will be a bit of a payoff as the story moves into the next phase. Writing that payoff and the build up to it is taking up most of my time at the moment. Getting that flow right is massively important.

I was asked on Discord if I'm still using playlists to write characters, and I am. As a little bit of a teaser, here's my playlist for a character that we saw in Episode 1, but she gets a little more screentime in Episode 2: Kris Sweet
Kris' list:

In This Moment - Adrenalize
Epica - Storm the Sorrow
Flyleaf - So sick
Flyleaf - All Around Me
Starset - My Demons
Pop Evil - The Boss's Daughter
League of Legends - Get Jinxed
Diamante - Coming in hot
Falling in Reverse - Popular Monster
Fallen Captive - Famous
In This Moment - Just Drive
Halestorm - Lovebites
Jinjer - Pisces
Motley Crue - Kickstart my heart
Evanescence - Going Under
Amyl and the sniffers - Guided by Angels Halocene - Chop Suey (cover)
It's funny, but when writing scenes that heavily feature female characters (and most scenes do) I generally like female vocalists to bring in that sort of vibe. That's why I've added a cover of System of a Down rather than the original. Serj Tankian is a boss, but I just end up rocking out and not getting any work done.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 169 Votes