Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Progress bar has been stuck at 60% for a while..hopefully they just forgot to update it.It's been 3 months since the first release :cool:
The developers are active in this thread and just last week told us it was over 70%

"We are a little more than 70% completed with Chapter 2... and while that may sound like there's still a lot of time left before it drops, I think we'll surprise you. I don't want to announce a release date and get people's hopes up until we're absolutely certain, however, so instead I'll just show you what's been done so far...

Story & Writing: 99%
Coding: 25%
Graphics & Art: 35%
Character Design: 100%"

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
The developers are active in this thread and just last week told us it was over 70%

"We are a little more than 70% completed with Chapter 2... and while that may sound like there's still a lot of time left before it drops, I think we'll surprise you. I don't want to announce a release date and get people's hopes up until we're absolutely certain, however, so instead I'll just show you what's been done so far...

ty

Reactions: Hammerhiem

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020

I still think they need to make that progress bar a little larger.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
last choice, middle option for lust makes no sense why it would give her lust. the other two are fine but not the lust choice.
I don't think that has a place there. ignoring it shouldn't give any points. doing something else should give lust points, maybe yell at Olivia for saying she doesn't want her there and stuff should give her lust points and in turn olivia dark points.
This is too simplistic in what happens, it involves both girls so both girls should have points to be added.
Yell at Maddie she gets dark and Olivia gets lust,
Yell at Olivia she gets dark and Maddie lust
Both get purity with first choice.

This is how you should do it. It makes more sense.

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Waiting for the update..I imagine myself at Gordon Ramsey's Chefs table.... i know what i receive will be Mind Blowing and Perfectly prepared.. But i dare not tell him to Hurry up... So i patiently wait..

Reactions: AceOfNiagara

Lachiel

Aug 31, 2017
Waiting for the update..I imagine myself at Gordon Ramsey's Chefs table.... i know what i receive will be Mind Blowing and Perfectly prepared.. But i dare not tell him to Hurry up... So i patiently wait..
-- very disappointing --

I don't know, I was an early supporter of this title ( through subscriber star ), and noticed very quickly the developers seemed more focused on creating patron service in the form of branding, extra wallpapers and what not, rather that actually working on their project. The quality of the first release is frankly amazing. but they are making like 6k per month on Patreon a loan and it's been three months without an update... I ended my support after the 1st month, I will return my support if the dev's actually start producing updates on something like a regular scheduled. i'm interested in the game, not wallpapers and signature graphics and all that.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
-- very disappointing --

I don't know, I was an early supporter of this title ( through subscriber star ), and noticed very quickly the developers seemed more focused on creating patron service in the form of branding, extra wallpapers and what not, rather that actually working on their project. The quality of the first release is frankly amazing. but they are making like 6k per month on Patreon a loan and it's been three months without an update... I ended my support after the 1st month, I will return my support if the dev's actually start producing updates on something like a regular scheduled. i'm interested in the game, not wallpapers and signature graphics and all that.
Apart from the usual like 'game development takes time', 'you're not paying for a game but supporting a dev', '6k a month after patreon's cut, taxes and split by two isn't much of a monthly income', I'm just going to point out that trying to determine their release schedule from two data points alone seems kind of silly really.

But you do you, while I go back enjoying the gems that can be found in #alorth-artworks. Take care!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
-- very disappointing --

I do get your last sentence because I feel the same, but not everybody does.

However, while Hordragg does talk about "only two data points" I indeed see only one. We have a first release. We have a dev statement about the amount of content the next release will have but to be fair we'll have to see how much it is. But as long as that happens, we do have no idea about how quickly they're actually advancing. Sure, if it were to be three renders and a dialogue choice, your point would be very valid. If it were to be 2 hours of more of gameplay with high quality story and graphics however, the point wouldn't hold much water anymore.

Yes, you can prefer short interval small updates to larger ones taking their time, that is a matter of taste. But in the end the question will be "how long until it's finished" - already a difficult point, since VN games widely vary in scope and quality. You may also argue that having no real idea of the speed of the devs makes you not want risking your money on patreon, after all milkers certainly do exist and you first want to have proof of adequate progress. However what you conversely don't have is proof of slow progress or devs biding their time to milk, so all of that may be disappointing compared to what you hoped for, but the accusation that they're not working on the project is unfounded.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I do get your last sentence because I feel the same, but not everybody does.

However, while Hordragg does talk about "only two data points" I indeed see only one. We have a first release. We have a dev statement about the amount of content the next release will have but to be fair we'll have to see how much it is. But as long as that happens, we do have no idea about how quickly they're actually advancing. Sure, if it were to be three renders and a dialogue choice, your point would be very valid. If it were to be 2 hours of more of gameplay with high quality story and graphics however, the point wouldn't hold much water anymore.

Yes, you can prefer short interval small updates to larger ones taking their time, that is a matter of taste. But in the end the question will be "how long until it's finished" - already a difficult point, since VN games widely vary in scope and quality. You may also argue that having no real idea of the speed of the devs makes you not want risking your money on patreon, after all milkers certainly do exist and you first want to have proof of adequate progress. However what you conversely don't have is proof of slow progress or devs biding their time to milk, so all of that may be disappointing compared to what you hoped for, but the accusation that they're not working on the project is unfounded.
Phillygames does weekly updates and is super active on Discord. I suggest they do the same. The key to success on crowdfunding platforms like this is to communicate and interact with your fans regularly, otherwise they feel cheated.

Last edited:

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
The key to success on crowdfunding platforms like this is to communicate and interact with your fans regularly, otherwise they feel cheated.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you here, just two things to consider:
1. That might be the key to financial success, yes. But that may not be the goal of every developer. Yes, Dammed quit his job and relies on that money, but as long as he can live off it, maybe they prefer to create the game they want, not to make the greatest amount of money possible?
2. It doesn't seem to me that they are currently unsuccessful. Now, I could see them losing supporters in the future, true, but I could also see them gain more. So, whatever they do, it doesn't seem to be exactly failing. Even if it might not be what you consider the key to success. Maybe high quality output may also matter and potentially offset some problems of lack in communication? On the other hand, they do communicate quite regularly, its only their update schedule that is unclear (or rather 'it's done when it's done').

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Phillygames does weekly updates and is super active on Discord. I suggest they do the same. The key to success on crowdfunding platforms like this is to communicate and interact with your fans regularly, otherwise they feel cheated.
Phillygames doesn't have to share their staff with other games.

Reactions: Ghostredneck

ODDDDDDDDDDy

May 21, 2018
I just discovered this game and have yet to play it but I'm surprised at how much support this game already has after only 1 update.

Is this a known dev under a new name or is this one update just that good? Will definitely check it out later.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Sir and Alorth are daily active on discord and in more than 1 channel so...

Reactions: Ghostredneck
4.30 star(s) 270 Votes