Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So many patreons and yet no update in over 3 months, i think it's going to be "ICSTOR"s way. I think I will withdraw my support, which is a shame as 1st chapter was awesome.
You are free to do so of course, however there is a noticeable difference in the amount of communication - ICSTOR hasn't had a patreon update in months, here it is two weeks. ICSTOR doesn't reply in his thread, here there are regular replys. ICSTOR also has, as far as I know, no other games running at the moment, these guys have. So I'd argue it's not the same. Well, you didn't say it was, just it was going to be, let's see.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
So many patreons and yet no update in over 3 months, i think it's going to be "ICSTOR"s way. I think I will withdraw my support, which is a shame as 1st chapter was awesome.
:rolleyes: "if u dont push out 15 minute updates every tir tee day i withdraw support becuz i dun realiz ur pushin out hour long update evry few month"

If you were a Patron you'd be fully aware of the progress thus far and the fact that we release larger updates (which takes more time) rather than mini updates (which takes less time). I wrote a massive post about this, detailing every step of the development process for this game, and there's been four progress updates so far in addition to this (and another one coming this week). That ain't the "ICSTOR way," dawg, and the comparison is a bit silly (because pre-rendered sandbox world vs visual novel with continual/branching story). Large gap of time between updates doesn't automatically = game not being worked on. It can often just mean you're getting bigger, more well made updates.

Take a deep breath, my friend. It's coming. We're working every day.. and have been since the game started development.

Last edited:

Vhm122

Aug 31, 2019
Cmon bruh, you weren’t a Patreon

Well „weren’t” Cause i still am „proof” attached :)

One of the 4 games I am supporting

It’s Just You guys really managed To get amazing support, better then most.
And there are many examples of guys posting wallpappers, progresses and no updates :)

Guess over 3 months makes me worried

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Well „weren’t” Cause i still am „proof” attached :)

One of the 4 games I am supporting

It’s Just You guys really managed To get amazing support, better then most.
And there are many examples of guys posting wallpappers, progresses and no updates :)

Guess over 3 months makes me worried
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: please don't feel obligated/like you have to pledge to us/to the game. If you can afford it, cool. If you can't, cool. If you can afford it but don't feel it's worth supporting every month: dropping your pledge all-together or dropping and then returning later when the update arrives is fine too.

The good thing about Patreon is that it's come and go, pledge what you want when you want.

I'd recommend dropping your pledge in between game updates: but if you wish to drop it all together, that's fine too. Point is, I don't want anyone to feel obligated to support us if they're unhappy with the update schedule. We've been very/open transparent that we will be pushing out larger updates which take longer to create rather than smaller updates which we could easily complete every 30 days.

I wrote this post: ... which details why the game updates may take a while, and I've posted many progress updates so that patrons are aware of where we're at in the dev. process.

Still, if you feel it's not worth supporting, that's the beauty of Patreon because you don't have to. Something to consider before making your decision: some games update bi-monthly but their updates are 20 minutes long (which is 1/3rd the size of ours). Some games update bi-monthly with close to an hour of content, but they're sandbox (which stretches gameplay) or at a lower quality (which takes less time). Some devs work in teams of 3-4, which of course would also mean less time: but I can think of maybe 1 or 2 developers in existence who could create a chapter of a game like Radiant in only 30-45 days time. If you want a subpar quality game with small, incremental updates... this one ain't it.

If you feel you've been duped or swindled, DM me your Patreon username and I'd be happy to give you a refund. We don't want people to feel like they were "cheated" in some way.

Last edited:

Drugz

Jan 26, 2020
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: please don't feel obligated/like you have to pledge to us/to the game. If you can afford it, cool. If you can't, cool. If you can afford it but don't feel it's worth supporting every month: dropping your pledge all-together or dropping and then returning later when the update arrives is fine too.

The good thing about Patreon is that it's come and go, pledge what you want when you want.

I'd recommend dropping your pledge in between game updates: but if you wish to drop it all together, that's fine too. Point is, I don't want anyone to feel obligated to support us if they're unhappy with the update schedule. We've been very/open transparent that we will be pushing out larger updates which take longer to create rather than smaller updates which we could easily complete every 30 days.

I wrote this post: ... which details why the game updates may take a while, and I've posted many progress updates so that patrons are aware of where we're at in the dev. process.

Still, if you feel it's not worth supporting, that's the beauty of Patreon because you don't have to. Something to consider before making your decision: some games update bi-monthly but their updates are 20 minutes long (which is 1/3rd the size of ours). Some games update bi-monthly with close to an hour of content, but they're sandbox (which stretches gameplay) or at a lower quality (which takes less time). Some devs work in teams of 3-4, which of course would also mean less time: but I can think of maybe 1 or 2 developers in existence who could create a chapter of a game like Radiant in only 30-45 days time. If you want a subpar quality game with small, incremental updates... this one ain't it.

If you feel you've been duped or swindled, DM me your Patreon username and I'd be happy to give you a refund. We don't want people to feel like they were "cheated" in some way.
Well, I am very grateful that you wrote this.

From week to week I look for updates here, Radiant its one of my top 3 that I most expect and i understand some comments about the "delay" in updates on Patreon, i think we are not accustomed with this with other developers but, I understand your position even better now. I was once a Patreon of you, nowadays I can't because of the dollar... (as a Brazilian i can't afford to pay that much) but here is my message of support to you guys and a good luck, because what you already did was incredible, and that's why so much expectation i think.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SrRK

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Well, I am very grateful that you wrote this.

From week to week I look for updates here, Radiant its one of my top 3 that I most expect and i understand some comments about the "delay" in updates on Patreon, i think we are not accustomed with this with other developers but, I understand your position even better now. I was once a Patreon of you, nowadays I can't because of the dollar... (as a Brazilian i can't afford to pay that much) but here is my message of support to you guys and a good luck, because what you already did was incredible, and that's why so much expectation i think.
Thanks for the support!

Wow, a really good 1st release. I look forward to more updates in the future.
Thanks!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I rather think 0.2 is too soon to be banging anybody.
Yep. Given the type of story this is setting up, I wouldn't expect any sex until at least the 0.5 or 0.6 update, and even then I don't see it being with any of the triplets.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I understand what u mean, but there already was sex in update no 1, so i don't think your prediction will be true
Remember that these are his daughters so it's not likely going to take 1 or 2 updates for any of them to start having sex with him regardless of the path chosen (pure, dark, or lust). My sense is that the sexual relationships with them will be an emotional slowburn, but unrelated characters like Brooke will probably advance quicker, so sex with someone like her could come as early as 0.5, but any one of the triplets probably won't be sooner than 0.6.

That's not to say there can't be sexy build-up before then, but just that I don't think we'll see proper sex until at least 0.5.

Reactions: DR99

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Remember that these are his daughters so it's not likely going to take 1 or 2 updates for any of them to start having sex with him regardless of the path chosen (pure, dark, or lust). My sense is that the sexual relationships with them will be an emotional slowburn, but unrelated characters like Brooke will probably advance quicker, so sex with someone like her could come as early as 0.5, but any one of the triplets probably won't be sooner than 0.6.

That's not to say there can't be sexy build-up before then, but just that I don't think we'll see proper sex until at least 0.5.
Ah, well a little curiosity never killed a triplet.
A bit of peeking and feel up and "Oh, dad what a big dong you've got! I desperately want to touch it!" is bound to happen soon while waiting for the snake pit in 1.0

• Haha
Reactions: darth_hiruma
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes