Jasonfrans

May 28, 2020
i have a big question about all of the developer. but i don't know how to translate this into english language. because my grammar was sucks. this is all about developer that has a lot of new game. more than 3 i guess. except radiant. so i use google translate for this. "
Why do developers make so many games but they don't finish? instead it's better to finish 1 game until the end, rather than making a lot of games but not finished so we have to wait a longer time for new updates"
sorry for using bad grammar guys :cry:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i have a big question about all of the developer. but i don't know how to translate this into english language. because my grammar was sucks. this is all about developer that has a lot of new game. more than 3 i guess. except radiant. so i use google translate for this. "
Why do developers make so many games but they don't finish? instead it's better to finish 1 game until the end, rather than making a lot of games but not finished so we have to wait a longer time for new updates"
Ideally, it would be better if they focused all their attention on one game, specifically this one, but if the developers feel they can do more than 1 and deliver good results, then that's up to them. If they get to a point where they realise they can't, then something will have to give and hopefully it won't be this game.

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Because last time I checked (and sadly it's something I have to do regularly at the moment) it's a free world and they and you are can do whatever they/you want.

So long as the devs are upfront about what they are doing, there is no issue.

_Goldie

Nov 28, 2018
I thought they were going to post a status update on Patreon yesterday. Maybe I was mistaken
Dammed had said earlier that they were aiming for a friday progress update but it's possible something came up and delayed it.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I thought they were going to post a status update on Patreon yesterday. Maybe I was mistaken
They did say that...
We're active on Discord every day/have said a couple times we'd be posting a progress report to Patreon on Friday (likely one of, if not the last). Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!
But they haven't posted anything. :cry:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
D- for trolling. While the topic may have been relevant, it is overused, and there is a complete lack of effort put into your work. Go back into your basement and try again, I'm sure you can do better than that.

Repuci

May 1, 2017

Unlocked

As always, welcome new members and thanks for supporting us! We really appreciate you guys, and we're glad you found/were able to enjoy the game.
Some of you are luckier than others, as you've discovered us as we near the completion of CH2, whereas others have been waiting quite sometime.
This is normal, and it doesn't mean we're kicking our feet up or slacking. As many of you are aware, we like to release the game in longer intervals since that means larger updates, more polish, more overall quality, and more planning/care for each new chapter.
I wrote a detailed post about this a couple of months ago right here on Patreon, which you can find . The downside to this system is a longer wait between updates, but I believe the upsides greatly outweigh this downside: you get a longer, better update, you get to play a full chapter instead of a small... often inconsistent incremental one... and there is a clear direction: a start, middle, and end.
This chapter's progress has been pretty smooth all things considered, even though both myself and Alorth both had to delay the latest updates of our solo games for unrelated reasons. Thankfully, working together on Radiant means we can combine our skills/focus on what we are both best/efficient at. This means that even when there are delays with our solo games, Radiant remains mostly unaffected by this.
With all of that out of the way, let's get into the finer details. Here's where we're at in Chapter Two's development:
Story & Writing: 100%
Coding & Game Design: 90%
Graphics & Art: 70%
Character Design: 100%
We are pretty much moving into the final stages, and this may be the last or the second to last progress report before CH2's launch. In total, we're just under 90% finished with CH2. Full disclosure: we may not announce a release date at all and instead just surprise you guys, but if we do it will be 1-2 weeks prior to the launch date. We are aiming for August.
Things to look forward to in the meantime: August's 4K monthly's... one for $20+ patrons and one for all-patrons. I'll also be rolling out character profiles soon: where I make detailed posts with some history and background info about the guys & gals in our story (yes, Bernie included), more game music, more polls, etc.
Stay tuned, and thanks for the support.

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019

Unlocked

As always, welcome new members and thanks for supporting us! We really appreciate you guys, and we're glad you found/were able to enjoy the game.
Some of you are luckier than others, as you've discovered us as we near the completion of CH2, whereas others have been waiting quite sometime.
This is normal, and it doesn't mean we're kicking our feet up or slacking. As many of you are aware, we like to release the game in longer intervals since that means larger updates, more polish, more overall quality, and more planning/care for each new chapter.
I wrote a detailed post about this a couple of months ago right here on Patreon, which you can find . The downside to this system is a longer wait between updates, but I believe the upsides greatly outweigh this downside: you get a longer, better update, you get to play a full chapter instead of a small... often inconsistent incremental one... and there is a clear direction: a start, middle, and end.
This chapter's progress has been pretty smooth all things considered, even though both myself and Alorth both had to delay the latest updates of our solo games for unrelated reasons. Thankfully, working together on Radiant means we can combine our skills/focus on what we are both best/efficient at. This means that even when there are delays with our solo games, Radiant remains mostly unaffected by this.
With all of that out of the way, let's get into the finer details. Here's where we're at in Chapter Two's development:
Story & Writing: 100%
Coding & Game Design: 90%
Graphics & Art: 70%
Character Design: 100%
We are pretty much moving into the final stages, and this may be the last or the second to last progress report before CH2's launch. In total, we're just under 90% finished with CH2. Full disclosure: we may not announce a release date at all and instead just surprise you guys, but if we do it will be 1-2 weeks prior to the launch date. We are aiming for August.
Things to look forward to in the meantime: August's 4K monthly's... one for $20+ patrons and one for all-patrons. I'll also be rolling out character profiles soon: where I make detailed posts with some history and background info about the guys & gals in our story (yes, Bernie included), more game music, more polls, etc.
Stay tuned, and thanks for the support.
Thanks for posting...Bro..The wait's killing me :whistle:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I still remember the progress report that showed they'd coded more than they'd written.
This newest one actually makes sense ;)

Faithless_Lehane

Jan 8, 2018
Disclaimer: This is not me speaking on behalf on or criticizing any dev team, just explaining things as I see them.

It's because when they start their first game they are really excited and they have all these cool ideas, but whilst working on game one they get another really cool idea so they get all excited and start writing down all the new stuff, but it dosen't fit with their game so they start a new game. Continue that chain for a while and soon they get to a point were they have written all the fun things they were excited for and now they have a bunch of games that need someone to do the boring work (beating writers block, making sure the variables track correctly etc.) so then they pick their favourite game (or most profitable) and start doing the hard work on that.

Tl;dr: Writers block, short attention spans or just being very excited for creative work but not the technical side.

Just like how a writer feels such a desperate need to clean when they are supposed to be writing, a game designer feels a need to start a new story when when they are supposed to be fixing the bugs they introduced last update.

Reactions: Repuci

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Just like how a writer feels such a desperate need to clean when they are supposed to be writing, a game designer feels a need to start a new story when when they are supposed to be fixing the bugs they introduced last update.
Or primarily anybody feels the need to sort books by size and CDs by main cover color when learning for something ...

Reactions: Repuci

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
I don't get these devs working on multiple projects. At the rate of updates it would takes many years to get a story complete. If this. I only support devs that I know are committed to one project at a time. I like the games this dev is involved in. But I fear I will be old and grey before they are completed.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't get these devs working on multiple projects. At the rate of updates it would takes many years to get a story complete. If this. I only support devs that I know are committed to one project at a time. I like the games this dev is involved in. But I fear I will be old and grey before they are completed.
The proof will be in the pudding, as they say. We've yet to see what Dammed and Alorth bring to the update table with this game so it's hard to judge if them doing other games really hamper this game in terms of the amount of content in any way.

Right now, we're promised 1 hour's worth of content and the first version had 457 renders. So for the amount of play-time they're promising, you'd expect that number to be much higher, and if that's the case then it's a still a pretty good achievement for not even 4 full months of development considering that both Polarity and Neko Paradise have each had their own updates during these last 4 months.

So right now I'd say they're handling the different games fine, even if it might take another year or so before the other games are done and they can focus all attention on this game.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
The proof will be in the pudding, as they say. We've yet to see what Dammed and Alorth bring to the update table with this game so it's hard to judge if them doing other games really hamper this game in terms of the amount of content in any way.

Right now, we're promised 1 hour's worth of content and the first version had 457 renders. So for the amount of play-time they're promising, you'd expect that number to be much higher, and if that's the case then it's a still a pretty good achievement for not even 4 full months of development considering that both Polarity and Neko Paradise have each had their own updates during these last 4 months.

So right now I'd say they're handling the different games fine, even if it might take another year or so before the other games are done and they can focus all attention on this game.
Havn't seen the source for your claim but to clearify, have they "promised" 1h of gameplay for chp 2 or is it for 1 and 2 combined?
If it's chp 2 only it would be a massive step up from chp 1 :)

Reactions: BigDaddyDom
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes