Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Ah, okay, I got fraternal and maternal mixed up here.

Yeah, I had twins in my high school as well, we used to joke "After a while you'll find subtle clues how to tell them apart. For example he is 30cm taller than she is."
And one is male the other female :D

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Sorry, I can’t agree with you, and I would argue on this topic gladly, but my English is not so good so I will remain with my opinion, and you with yours.
It's funny that someone in a thread about a game where most players want to commit incest within the game is being so judgemental about parenting. I'm sure most here will agree that you aren't a reliable voice concerning what it takes to be a good parent, single or not.

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
It's funny that someone in a thread about a game where most players want to commit incest within the game is being so judgemental about parenting. I'm sure most here will agree that you aren't a reliable voice concerning what it takes to be a good parent, single or not.
Oh boy, my post worried a lot of people, I'll try to explain. Oh, and I was mention before in this thread, that im not interested banging my daughters in this game.

Judgemental about parenting, maybe they misunderstood me, or I didn’t speak correctly, I don’t understand why that guy wrote a whole essay on my sarcastic quote. I said that I could not understand how she could raise a child alone, because this is from my irl experience, I do not want to go into details, as I doubt that it will be interesting to someone, that's all.

If I have offended someone, or they misunderstood me, I apologize.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The thing with Brooke really is hilarious. Too busy to date but not to raise a kid. Makes perfect sense :ROFLMAO:
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will tell you that that exact situation was my life for 20 years. I was a single parent (of twins) and either was in school, or working, and had zero time to date, ever. Between daycare, school, activities, and being a parent, along with the 10 hours a day I had to be at work or school, yeah - dating takes little priority when you have to change diapers, feed a hungry child, helping with homework, or being a shoulder to cry on. Until they become self aware and self sufficient (for short bursts like at 10 years old) you are the only thing keeping them alive. I went 19 years between dates. I took my wife out 4 days before my kids were born for her birthday, and then the next time I went out with a lady, was when they were both in college at the age of 19. You have no idea how things can turn to shit for the best laid plans, and you are stuck trying to make the best of it.

If you have every had your world go to shit so quickly that you are in a tail spin, then you will understand. If you have family, friends, and resources to help you out, then you were lucky. Not every person has those choices. I can relate a lot to the dead mother, as I had family that black-balled me for marrying my ex, my friends all disappeared, and all I had was me, and my kids, and what ever I could put together after she died. There were days I didn't eat because my son/daughter wanted a second PBJ sandwich and that was the last of the jar/slice. I forced myself to be better (college degree and excellent job), and they survived to be adults, and have college degrees and jobs as well. Just because you have not chosen or had the opportunity to live those kinds of stories, that doesn't mean they are not out there.

Not a single person on this planet intentionally picks the worst decision for their self preservation. They just lack the will to make the correct decision, especially when the correct decision is the harder choice to make.

Reactions: John Ness

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will tell you that that exact situation was my life for 20 years. I was a single parent (of twins) and either was in school, or working, and had zero time to date, ever. Between daycare, school, activities, and being a parent, along with the 10 hours a day I had to be at work or school, yeah - dating takes little priority when you have to change diapers, feed a hungry child, helping with homework, or being a shoulder to cry on. Until they become self aware and self sufficient (for short bursts like at 10 years old) you are the only thing keeping them alive. I went 19 years between dates. I took my wife out 4 days before my kids were born for her birthday, and then the next time I went out with a lady, was when they were both in college at the age of 19. You have no idea how things can turn to shit for the best laid plans, and you are stuck trying to make the best of it.

If you have every had your world go to shit so quickly that you are in a tail spin, then you will understand. If you have family, friends, and resources to help you out, then you were lucky. Not every person has those choices. I can relate a lot to the dead mother, as I had family that black-balled me for marrying my ex, my friends all disappeared, and all I had was me, and my kids, and what ever I could put together after she died. There were days I didn't eat because my son/daughter wanted a second PBJ sandwich and that was the last of the jar/slice. I forced myself to be better (college degree and excellent job), and they survived to be adults, and have college degrees and jobs as well. Just because you have not chosen or had the opportunity to live those kinds of stories, that doesn't mean they are not out there.

Not a single person on this planet intentionally picks the worst decision for their self preservation. They just lack the will to make the correct decision, especially when the correct decision is the harder choice to make.
You misunderstood what I was saying. I know raising kids takes time and effort. I was referring to Brooke saying she was too career focused to pursue a relationship, but decided that raising a child was somehow easier and less time consuming.

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
This whole argument about Brooke and her daughter and the virgin birth and its likelihood and morality reminds me of an argument on a forum for Baldur's Gate 2 a long time ago when everyone got really upset and emotional about how Aerie could give birth to the MC's baby if she put on the girdle that transformed her into a man. There was a whole thread devoted just to that and people got really involved in it and argued back and forth for many pages. The possibility that it could be an anal birth really distressed quite a few people and led to seemingly limitless back and forth arguments until the forum moderators eventually locked down the thread.

I didn't particularly care one way or the other but the level of intense emotion that the people on both sides displayed made for quite an interesting and amusing read.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
You might want to do a little research before being blatantly wrong. I did get the terms reversed, though.

And while "Fraternal" is used (and, yes, I know it refers to "brother") the term I actually learned nearly forty years ago was "paternal", which does refer to the same father, but separate ova, gestating together and born at the same time.

If you want to look smart and try to make others look foolish, you might want to actually gain some knowledge and smarts first.
the-more-you-know.gif

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
For the sake of argument I will stand partially corrected. I will acknowledge that unofficially those terms are used by the public. Officially they are called Identical twins or monozygotic twins and fraternal twins or dizygotic twins. Unofficially people incorrectly refer to them as maternal twins and paternal twins, respectively. I am simply being a stickler to using correct terms. You are free to make fun of me for that.
If you do find an actual medical or scientific paper referring to twins as maternal or paternal I will stand corrected. I have yet to see one. Fun fact there is also a possibility of twins being born with two different fathers.
I have never heard of Maternal/Paternal twins until this thread either. I have heard Fraternal (Dizygotic) and Identical (Monozygotic). Maybe a regional/culture thing. I have heard people say Faternal (forget the R in Fraternal). Hey .. I know I don't know everything but I have been around the block to know a lot.

I had a friend, who was a triplet, and the other two were identical twins (red hair, green eyes like mom's husband), and then she was also born the same time (Olive skin, brown eyes, like her neighbor - they were swingers). That was a fun story at Christmas when I was about 10 at her house.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Different sources are writing different things regarding this topic, it seems:
I would not be too sure about anything here. Let's just say, that identical twins are genetically identical (except of those genes that are activated or deactivated by the environment, of course) and that non-identical twins are genetically as different from each other as normal siblings.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
You might want to do a little research before being blatantly wrong. I did get the terms reversed, though.

And while "Fraternal" is used (and, yes, I know it refers to "brother") the term I actually learned nearly forty years ago was "paternal", which does refer to the same father, but separate ova, gestating together and born at the same time.

If you want to look smart and try to make others look foolish, you might want to actually gain some knowledge and smarts first.
For the sake of argument I will stand partially corrected. I will acknowledge that unofficially those terms are used by the public. Officially they are called Identical twins or monozygotic twins and fraternal twins or dizygotic twins. Unofficially people incorrectly refer to them as maternal twins and paternal twins, respectively. I am simply being a stickler to using correct terms. You are free to make fun of me for that.
If you do find an actual medical or scientific paper referring to twins as maternal or paternal I will stand corrected. I have yet to see one. Fun fact there is also a possibility of twins being born with two different fathers.
I have never heard of Maternal/Paternal twins until this thread either. I have heard Fraternal (Dizygotic) and Identical (Monozygotic). Maybe a regional/culture thing. I have heard people say Faternal (forget the R in Fraternal). Hey .. I know I don't know everything but I have been around the block to know a lot.

I had a friend, who was a triplet, and the other two were identical twins (red hair, green eyes like mom's husband), and then she was also born the same time (Olive skin, brown eyes, like her neighbor - they were swingers). That was a fun story at Christmas when I was about 10 at her house.
I get that Maternal could the the mysterious power of the "mother" to make identical babies. But in the USA absolutely NO ONE uses that for identicals.

I have never heard of Paternal and that link even acknowledges that "Fraternal" is used. They are 2 eggs (Brother eggs because we always go masculine when either or is an option) making instant siblings.

But when there is one egg and it makes a clone come out together with the original that is witchery, voodoo mama SHIT so ya know... "maternal"

PEACE

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, in German we call them "eineiig" and "zweieiig" - "originating from one egg cell" or "originating from two egg cells" respectively. Way easier ;) (Yes, that is "monocygotic" etc., but the man on the street understands it even without having taken up ancient languages.)

• Haha
Reactions: Vollezar

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
For the sake of argument I will stand partially corrected. I will acknowledge that unofficially those terms are used by the public. Officially they are called Identical twins or monozygotic twins and fraternal twins or dizygotic twins.
If you do find an actual medical or scientific paper referring to twins as maternal or paternal I will stand corrected.
Google Scholar (search within scholarly literature):
157,000 results.
112,000 results.
111 results.
22,500 results.
50,300 results.
75 results.

So there are references to maternal/paternal twins in the literature, but it's exceedingly uncommon.

Edit:
(Frequencies of search strings per year in Google Books).

Last edited:

Imnus

Apr 26, 2020
The thing with Brooke really is hilarious. Too busy to date but not to raise a kid. Makes perfect sense :ROFLMAO:

I'll never understand how devs come with this ridiculous shit and think it's a good idea to put in the game, virtually no man wants to date a single mother if he has options, and on top of that she's a "virgin", what? o_O

No young girl ever is going to use artificial fertilization ever, that's only for old women that waited too long to find a long-term partner, there is not even one woman on Earth that would be a single mother by choice. Triplets that want an incestuous relationship with their dad is millions of times more likely and that's already an almost impossible thing to happen.

What a weird and ridiculous fetish seriously. I would be surprised if even 1% of men are into that.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I'll never understand how devs come with this ridiculous shit and think it's a good idea to put in the game, virtually no man wants to date a single mother if he has options, and on top of that she's a "virgin", what? o_O

No young girl ever is going to use artificial fertilization ever, that's only for old women that waited too long to find a long-term partner, there is not even one woman on Earth that would be a single mother by choice. Triplets that want an incestuous relationship with their dad is millions of times more likely and that's already an almost impossible thing to happen.

What a weird and ridiculous fetish seriously. I would be surprised if even 1% of men are into that.
I'm gonna guess you're being sarcastic, because nothing you said is true... except for the triplet relationship being an almost impossible thing to happen.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Let's just assume that everything you said were true (which it isn't but let's assume it):

What would be wrong with a game catering to a 1% demographic? They will enjoy it, everybody else can enjoy their happy lives by simply ignoring it.

Also, no kink shaming please.

Reactions: Shinnoujou
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes