Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
He meant the office chick that the MC hired and her daughter. It has been years since I last played this but I think she really wanted a kid so she was artificially inseminated then the kid was born from a C-section or something like that so that she would preserve her virginity for the MC...
I don't remember her saying that it was a C-section. I think she just never had sex with any man. But it has been over a year since the last update so It's hard to remember every detail. I think the mother of the kid that the mc killed, being horny for him right away, is way more unrealistic than the girl having a kid by artificial insemination. It's not like we are talking about some science fiction technology that doesn't exist in the real world.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
The story became a shitshow out of nowhere. I had no issues with the cop but that and the mother of the kid he killed wanting to fuck him is absolute nonsense.
I had no issues with the cop either. Lots of bent cops throwing their authority around.
The cop's wife on the other hand ......
The plot fell deeper and deeper into being a childish fantasy with each update.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I had no issues with the cop either. Lots of bent cops throwing their authority around.
The cop's wife on the other hand ......
The plot fell deeper and deeper into being a childish fantasy with each update.
For me personally Radiant should have been about loss and reconnecting with your past and the daughters you never knew you had.

That's why for me the cop felt out of place.
He is unnecessary drama in a story that has enough of that already.

Memory loss, dreams of the girl you had a one night stand with, dealing with her death and the daughters you never knew you had.
Maybe falling in love with them, depends on the route though, and dealing with that.

I think Radiant could have been one of the really good games, but the devs got greedy and squandered all of that.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
For me personally Radiant should have been about loss and reconnecting with your past and the daughters you never knew you had.
Yes fully agree. More like the first release.
That's why for me the cop felt out of place.
He is unnecessary drama in a story that has enough of that already.
I mean, u can't even take that cop seriously as threat...he is just unnecessary cheap ''drama''
I think the mother of the kid that the mc killed, being horny for him right away...
Yes, by far the weakest point in the whole story.
She waited ~18 years to confront him, wants to kill the MC and a few days later she's nearly ready to make a new son with him...
Out of all charaters she should be the one with the slowest progress.

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
The story became a shitshow out of nowhere. I had no issues with the cop but that and the mother of the kid he killed wanting to fuck him is absolute nonsense.
I doubt this will happen, but I think it would be interesting if the mother of the guy the MC killed tried to kill him while they were having sex. It could be like what the drow call "the spider's kiss" in the D&D universe where the woman kills the man while he is distracted by having sex with her, such as by stabbing him or cutting his throat or something. It wouldn't really fit with the theme of Radiant, but it would be a nice twist to bring things back to a place that makes more sense for that woman's relationship with the MC and could also be a cautionary tale about trying things with characters that don't make sense in the context.

Notshauna

Jul 13, 2017
Yes, by far the weakest point in the whole story.
She waited ~18 years to confront him, wants to kill the MC and a few days later she's nearly ready to make a new son with him...
Out of all charaters she should be the one with the slowest progress.
Honestly it's one of the stupidest story beats I've ever seen, not only is she super unnecessary with the 3 main girls plus the chick from your work is more than enough content for any visual novel especially one that is so (in theory) filled with options. 3 or 4 girls with meaningful variance on which paths are available for them is more than sufficient to carry a story, and while I understand the appeal for developers to add more side characters they need to be severely reigned in. Like this is a VN with pretty much no content and it has the three main girls and like 4 (maybe 5) fucking side girls despite there being no updates.

Maybe if the focus was on where it should be the main character and the 3 main girls from the first place we wouldn't be in this situation with the game being all but dead.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Well this Dev has proven very disappointing, I had high hopes for this VN. But it looks like Radiant is just another wallpaper update 'Milk wagon' that never goes anywhere.

Nearly $5k a month and no update in over a year... for wallpaper? Dafuqoutahere.

Proof once again that 'Simps gonna Simp'.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
A very interesting situation, why is this game not tagged "Abandoned"? other games get such a tag after exceeding 3-4 months without any updates -.-
The rule is 18 months without an update OR 3 months without any word from devs OR if the dev themselves declare it abandoned.

Reactions: Meushi

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Well only if you are super clueless about how numbers work
Depends. I can't say for sure when the last real update was, but the last two updates, 3.1 and 3.2 were only minor fixes, so it's not impossible that it was quite a bit before what the thread says.

Reactions: Z4KJ0N3S

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Technically speaking the date in OP is not the real date of the last release.It was 6 July 2021.
Stiil it have more than 4 more months before reaching 18 months.
7/6/2021 to 8/10/2022 is 13 months plus a smidge

so actually 5 months (just barely shy)

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes