A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
The hypocrisy on this site is absolutely hilarious!
Degenerates who pirate video games about sex and generally lack morality? I think hypocrisy comes as a part of the package deal.
You are both members here for 2 and 6 years,, so yes,,, The hypocrisy runs deep :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:.

On a serious note,, they added a lot of patrons because of this site ,,, so yeah,,,, them stalling and bullshitting people with stories why there are delays.
Kinda makes you understand why people are ticked off.

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
Probably at the arse end of August, which would suit me fine.
So it is end of august, maybe start of september after some playtesting but you gonna get the bIgGeSt and BeStEsT update ever. Until the next excuse comes up in september, like playtesting showed that the story wasnt coherent and they need to shuffle some things around so it is more like end of september maybe start of october, when they get the idea they totally should add some halloween event that makes no sense in the storyline, but by adding that they aim for end of october, maybe start of november to get into the season. Then they notice that they shot too high with the event and need more time so it is more like end of november, start of december, when december comes around they think, why not change the halloween event for a xmas event, which delays the game further to end of december, maybe start of...

• Haha
Reactions: A.K.A87

Cherry Popper

Jun 18, 2020
When you see a game that you like, there is only one rule:
Wait until it gets "Completed" or "Abandoned"
It will save you a lot of frustrations, and also money.
Or support the dev per release, and base the amount on the quality of the release. Either way, reading a bunch posts from people who got their panties in a twist over the release schedule of a game they pirated in the first place gets old. Don't get invested in games from devs with a bad track record.

Pmaria

Mar 30, 2022
Any news from these supposed developers, cheaters in my view? We have heard news of a new version for 6 months now but nothing happens

I don't want to discuss anything with the "developers supporter team" in this forum, so please don't comment if you don't have something to a say. I'm a Patreon in more than 70 games in this forum so I don't have time for developer lovers. I even paid this game back in a while ...awful

Any news? or this is just a scam?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Any news from these supposed developers, cheaters in my view? We have heard news of a new version for 6 months now but nothing happens

I don't want to discuss anything with the "developers supporter team" in this forum, so please don't comment if you don't have something to a say. I'm a Patreon in more than 70 games in this forum so I don't have time for developer lovers. I even paid this game back in a while ...awful

Any news? or this is just a scam?
Nope... still a scam.

You can buy wallpapers on Patreon though... :KEK:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Just unsubscribe from all these scummers games in Patreon to force these guys deliver something
This is one of the dumbest things I've eve read.

A total cessation of income does not force anybody to do anything. It'll result only in the game being cancelled forever.
Try this: You have a job that's grossing you about 5K/month. Now imagine how it would feel to have all that ripped away from you because somebody said that it'd make you work harder. This is essentially what you just said. Why would anybody work for free? This is not a volunteer organisation. It's possible that some of the money coming in from the project is being used to pay bills.
I'm not saying that people should flood them with dosh. I'm saying that people should only support per release, which is something Dammed himself said once.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm saying that people should only support per release, which is something Dammed himself said once.
I'd love to see the statistics on patrons if we got a sample size of maybe 10 developers to try out a "pay per release" model rather than monthly subs. It'd be necessary for them to already be doing monthly updates though, plus not charge for hotfixes/bugfixes etc.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they made more money, as it's a much more honest business model. I know it'd definitely be more tempted to sub to certain developers.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I'd love to see the statistics on patrons if we got a sample size of maybe 10 developers to try out a "pay per release" model rather than monthly subs. It'd be necessary for them to already be doing monthly updates though, plus not charge for hotfixes/bugfixes etc.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they made more money, as it's a much more honest business model. I know it'd definitely be more tempted to sub to certain developers.
Yep. That way, if there's going to be a prolonged delay then nobody's going to be paying for nothing.

dinmor

Aug 3, 2017

Isn't that basically what itchio is for tho?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Isn't that basically what itchio is for tho?
Isn't itch.io more like steam?
In the sense that it's up to the customer to buy the new version of a game.

Patreon instead would charge on update so technically the patron doesn't have a choice. It does mean they're no longer billed monthly though and as a bonus, it keeps developers "honest".

I know it'd never take off though, for obvious reasons.

edit; lol at the facepalm emojis.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017

Patreon instead would charge on update so technically the patron doesn't have a choice. It does mean they're no longer billed monthly though and as a bonus, it keeps developers "honest".

Game updates on Steam are free as well.

dinmor

Aug 3, 2017

That's what I'm saying tho, patreon is for supporting just flat out, if you wanna go for a pay per update then itch.io is the go to, assuming they have the game there - it'd stop being patronage if what you suggested was implemented. Not to mention the wanting to control how people can spend their money, if someone wants to give someone a bit of money every month then they should be free to do so, tho I do think it's a bad choice in the case of Radient, I also think there are plenty games / devs where it's well worth it

Reactions: Paul Newmon

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
That's what I'm saying tho, patreon is for supporting just flat out, if you wanna go for a pay per update then itch.io is the go to, assuming they have the game there - it'd stop being patronage if what you suggested was implemented. Not to mention the wanting to control how people can spend their money, if someone wants to give someone a bit of money every month then they should be free to do so, tho I do think it's a bad choice in the case of Radient, I also think there are plenty games / devs where it's well worth it
Ahhh yeah, you're right.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It's a little bit more annoying, but if you subscribe only the month of an update release, it's like you pay per release. But if you watch your money and still want to support a creator, sub and unsub just after, you'll stay sub until the end of the month. People not doing that are happy to throw money when there is no update for a year or so

Mar 5, 2020

That is where you are wrong. This model "pay per update" already exists on Patreon, but it is up to the dev to choose it. Most devs choose the monthly payment, but a few of them decided for the per update payment (Luxee, Walkius, to name the few I know). This model however often means they are not working on the game full time as they rarely have monthly releases.

Reactions: Paul Newmon

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
That is where you are wrong. This model "pay per update" already exists on Patreon, but it is up to the dev to choose it. Most devs choose the monthly payment, but a few of them decided for the per update payment (Luxee, Walkius, to name the few I know). This model however often means they are not working on the game full time as they rarely have monthly releases.
Huh? I explained it here.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes