Jul 10, 2022
I think this part of their Goal-Setting on Patreon is so telling. RK Studios is saying: "Help us climb back to 1500!" supporters. YOU help them climb back up.
No, RK Studios, help yourself climb back up to 1500. Deliver a product, for god's sake. Do something. Anything. Release a chapter already, and prove that your product is something worth backing. Radiant started off so well, but a year removed is so weird. I understand people go through shit, but goddamn. Other respectable developers, like CheekyGimp, would pause payment on Patreon when they're not working on their Patreon backed prodcut. But some developers, yes, are just exploiting their fan-base for easy money.

View attachment 1968598
You are dead on. The way that this goal is worded is a huge red flag. It does not offer a single benefit to supporters. It reeks of a narcissist. They are already making about $5,000 per month. That is more than 99% of developers make. It has been over a year since they last released any update. A good release is the only way to hit that goal. The last 2 updates were a small bug fix, and a single scene.

This is not a single developer. This is two developers. Because it is two people and not one person they should be getting releases out quicker than that. The last major update had about 1,000 renders.

The first release was in April of 2020. The most recent release was July of 2021. That is 16 months. The game has had 3 actual releases in that time. The first release was already made when the clock started so consider that 2 updates. So the math says 1 update = 8 months when they were actually making releases.

It has been 13 months since the last release. They are 5 months behind their previous release schedule if they release today. It does not look like there will be a release today. They claim it is 2 people working on the game full time. A work week is 40. That's 26 months of work with 2 full time workers. 52 months time 160 hours = 8,320 work hours combined those two have had to make a release and still have not done so.

Now for some fun math. Suppose they release today, and suppose the release is the same size as the last release with 1,000 renders. Animations are not a major part of a release as the last update only had 8 of them. That is 8.32 renders per man hour or just over 1 work day per render. In that same time they have had 13 months of averaging around $5,500 each. That is $71,500 made since a release. They would be making $71.50 per render if they released today assuming they release an update the same size as the last one and they release it today.

TL;DR Quit begging for supporters and make a release.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I visit their Discord channel occasionally and I remember being somewhat surprised how active the devs are in the chatter there. Made me wonder when they were finding the time to actually work on developing the game. Don't get me wrong - they're both nice guys and I like their chitchat - but I'm concerned about how they're choosing to spend their time. When I'm working to a deadline I often go completely off the grid - just checking in every few hours for critical messages. No Facebook, no WhatsApp etc. until I've achieved my target for the day.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
As much as I want to believe I can't take anything at face value anymore. Sir D. chucked any credibility he had a long time ago. If he needed money and took a side job that I understand, let us know just don't lie and string us along. So don't blow smoke up my ass and call it sunshine.

95zuser99031

Jan 28, 2020
I wonder if there's a genuine reason for such a long wait, or if this game actually did turn into a money grab. Does anyone know if the dev actually gave a good reason for the wait?
His dog got pregnant while on a trip to mars then he died and had to fight the devil and jebus over a can of sacred baked beans with the power to ressurect him and his dog, it was best of 35 in lego star wars speedruns but he lost and had to build a metal gear out of lint and a pink metal gear to bitchslap god until he sent him back to earth but god was a bitch and said "lol ur gonna be a zombee" and then he was and had to unzomby himself by collecting the 17 chaos carrots and that took a while.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Does anyone know if the dev actually gave a good reason for the wait?
They always do. Being an adult game developer is an incredibly dangerous hobby. As soon as people set foot on this path, all possible and most terrible disasters fall upon them. If you are faced with a choice - go to war or become an adult game dev, choose the first without hesitation. It's much more safer.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
His dog got pregnant while on a trip to mars then he died and had to fight the devil and jebus over a can of sacred baked beans with the power to ressurect him and his dog, it was best of 35 in lego star wars speedruns but he lost and had to build a metal gear out of lint and a pink metal gear to bitchslap god until he sent him back to earth but god was a bitch and said "lol ur gonna be a zombee" and then he was and had to unzomby himself by collecting the 17 chaos carrots and that took a while.
... huh... I thought they were waiting for Asgard to announce the next Convergence, so they could release the new version at the same time. That's what Dr. Selvig said the last time I saw him at Stonehenge.

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
I wonder if there's a genuine reason for such a long wait, or if this game actually did turn into a money grab. Does anyone know if the dev actually gave a good reason for the wait?
MILKER ? SCAMER ? TROLLER ? NO DOWN TO EARTHDEV ? DELUTIONAL DEVELOPER ?

thos are some really good reason , wait till 2023 and maybe Allmiighty developer will throw a cookie to down there to his SLAVES suporters or us

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

dav121

Oct 13, 2016

Hello all! If you haven't already, I strongly advise reading , where I talk about Ch4's progress and some other very important things about our plans moving forward. I wanted to give you all a little update about that, rather than keeping you at the edge of your seats.
As reported in said devlog, I predicted we'd be finished with Ch4 near the end of July or beginning of August. I recently spoke with Alorth, and he reported that he won't be finished with the remaining renders & animations before the end of July... so early August it is.
This isn't abnormal, as this chapter is a little bit "top heavy" -- there were quite a lot of animations and renders to be done for a few of the final scenes. Still, I have no bad news to report and there should be no "delays" from the date I promised in said devlog... meaning Ch4 will be in your hands shortly! (Rejoice!)
In the meantime, please enjoy July's wallpaper... this time with a "bonus extra" for all patrons as my way of apologizing for them coming so late in the month.
The next post I make here will be Chapter 4 of Radiant, followed by the aforementioned Status Monitor so you can track our progress with Chapter 5. I very much look forward to hearing from all of you and seeing your feedback about the new update!
Love you all!
(P.S., you guys saved my dog Mindy's life. She recently needed emergency surgery-- one I would not have been able to afford if not for you guys. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you.)
SirD.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm seriously concerned what will happen to the dog to push the update back till christmas....

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes