nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
Question: does gold have any other purposes other than upgrading weapons and armor? And could someone - slowly - explain the armor part to me?
By spending gold in armor you also increase the default percentage. But in general this upgrade is more of a temporary power up, so its worth doing for difficult missions.

Why the fuck can't I turn off these dumb 3D animations for good/as default? This interface is stupid. You have to toggle the animation off for every single use, and there's also nothing in the config? Am I dumb/blind or is the game dumb?
There is an advanced configuration option to SWAP the show/not show animation button. Set it and forget it. There is also a "1 2 3 off" option at the bottom to skip attack animations.

Reactions: Willaberhaben

chopee

Nov 2, 2017
Ok, a bit of a rant, but...

I keep seeing people saying Rance 7 is THE best. I honestly can't understand for the life of me why people do seriously believe that.

Rance 7 is probably the worst of the new generation (6 and above), because it's plagued by issues on multiple levels, it's insane.

Gameplay:
- Time limited (which is something completely retarded in a RPG). Probably the biggest sin of them all. You don't do a game about collecting scenes and following a story by putting a time limit on stuff.
- Needing to be done at least 5 times (if you don't miss ANYTHING on any route), which is a gigantic time sink for nothing.
- The army battle has three mechanics which just don't belong, the time limit, the group limited amount of move, and the bar at the top. It's insane that for a game about army battle, destroying the enemy army is actually not an objective, but a mean. Because your objective is pushing this shitty bar at the top by any mean available, and destroying the enemy is only one of them. And you have to do it before some arbitrary time limit kick in, because why not, after all, everyone know that army battle is about pushing a bar before a time limit kicks in, right? The limited move here, I could have lived with, if we hadn't the other two mechanics.
- The facts you are insanely limited in move in dungeons or boss fights as well is completely non-sensical. The fact you can lose because Rance or Kentarou are out of move, and thus automatically removed is stupid.
- RNG, RNG everywhere.
- And ofc, a completely busted balance, hello Omachi.

Story:
- Without spoiler, the game has literally one relation to the rest of the story, the rest is completely irrelevant. It's a side story, not a main entry. Nothing happening here is important, outside
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Outside of that, it's just rance gallivanting around with his old girls finding new girls.
-The true ending is not a true ending if you have to pick things from other routes into the main canon.
-The stakes are so fucking low, it's sad. Even the big bad evil is just a washed up demon from several generation ago. The consequences of winning are just "yeah, we saved the day!!!". Compare to the stakes of Rance 6...
- And obviously, the missed opportunities, like Genbou, like the Genbou castle we were in 5D. Zero mention of that anywhere.

I understand there is a lot of nostalgia because it got translated first and was alone for several years, but still, guys, try to have higher standard than that. Honestly, if you are replaying the whole serie for the story, it's a freaking easy skip for a lot of reasons.
Its a matter of tastes. I see your point about the time limit, that sucks, but overall IMO every rance game has a frustrating game mechanic that makes the gameplay harder than it should. Personally I hated the combat system in Rance quest, the limited attacks mechanic is bullsh1t imo, it sucks, they force you to grind useless characters so you can use them to advance though dungeons.

Aside from that, I personally think that Rance 7 is a bit overrated. Not like I consider it a bad game, I loved it! But I rather Rance 6, is the best Rance game Ive played.

Reactions: Tebix

khaosu

Jun 25, 2020
Rance 01 remake
Rance 02 remake
Rance 03 remake (only jp for now) play Rance III instead (very old)
Rance IV (old version, very old)
Rance 5D (the worst game of the saga)
Rance VI (one of te best)
Sengoku Rance (best of the best)
Rance quest (good)
Rance IX (here we go)
Rance X (only jp)
Sengoku Rance is the only one ive been able to commit to a full playthru

Reactions: Tebix

Nedara

Oct 1, 2017
Its a matter of tastes. I see your point about the time limit, that sucks, but overall IMO every rance game has a frustrating game mechanic that makes the gameplay harder than it should. Personally I hated the combat system in Rance quest, the limited attacks mechanic is bullsh1t imo, it sucks, they force you to grind useless characters so you can use them to advance though dungeons.

Aside from that, I personally think that Rance 7 is a bit overrated. Not like I consider it a bad game, I loved it! But I rather Rance 6, is the best Rance game Ive played.
I mean, yes, but it's nothing you can quickly fix with a bit of cheatengine, by getting a lot of points to upgrade the amount of skill uses if you wish. Fixing Rance 7 that quickly is impossible. I stopped feeling guilty over using CE for fixing or bypassing bad design a long time ago.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Ok, a bit of a rant, but...

I keep seeing people saying Rance 7 is THE best. I honestly can't understand for the life of me why people do seriously believe that.

Rance 7 is probably the worst of the new generation (6 and above), because it's plagued by issues on multiple levels, it's insane.

Gameplay:
- Time limited (which is something completely retarded in a RPG). Probably the biggest sin of them all. You don't do a game about collecting scenes and following a story by putting a time limit on stuff.
- Needing to be done at least 5 times (if you don't miss ANYTHING on any route), which is a gigantic time sink for nothing.
- The army battle has three mechanics which just don't belong, the time limit, the group limited amount of move, and the bar at the top. It's insane that for a game about army battle, destroying the enemy army is actually not an objective, but a mean. Because your objective is pushing this shitty bar at the top by any mean available, and destroying the enemy is only one of them. And you have to do it before some arbitrary time limit kick in, because why not, after all, everyone know that army battle is about pushing a bar before a time limit kicks in, right? The limited move here, I could have lived with, if we hadn't the other two mechanics.
- The facts you are insanely limited in move in dungeons or boss fights as well is completely non-sensical. The fact you can lose because Rance or Kentarou are out of move, and thus automatically removed is stupid.
- RNG, RNG everywhere.
- And ofc, a completely busted balance, hello Omachi.

Story:
- Without spoiler, the game has literally one relation to the rest of the story, the rest is completely irrelevant. It's a side story, not a main entry. Nothing happening here is important, outside
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Outside of that, it's just rance gallivanting around with his old girls finding new girls.
-The true ending is not a true ending if you have to pick things from other routes into the main canon.
-The stakes are so fucking low, it's sad. Even the big bad evil is just a washed up demon from several generation ago. The consequences of winning are just "yeah, we saved the day!!!". Compare to the stakes of Rance 6...
- And obviously, the missed opportunities, like Genbou, like the Genbou castle we were in 5D. Zero mention of that anywhere.

I understand there is a lot of nostalgia because it got translated first and was alone for several years, but still, guys, try to have higher standard than that. Honestly, if you are replaying the whole serie for the story, it's a freaking easy skip for a lot of reasons.
Best rance game was kichikuou Rance, it needs a remake adding all the characters developed over the years and improving the gameplay cause it feels quite old, but literally loved that game.

ShadedRain

Nov 1, 2018
is it just me or are the CGs kinda dark for a rance game? did Rance series got darker with NTR somewhere down the line? should i stop till Sengoku rance since i only played till the 3rd old game or should I continue? can someone enlighten me honestly? I'm not really a fan of NTR, gore, gangbang rape and dark twists, tho i do love if it the MC does the netori or twisted crap.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes