Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Right I've heard of all these Rance games and I hear they're great, Do I have to start with a specific one or can I jump in with this one? Or would you reccomend one to start with?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Right I've heard of all these Rance games and I hear they're great, Do I have to start with a specific one or can I jump in with this one? Or would you reccomend one to start with?
Kinda hard to say, because a big thing with this game is that a shit ton of the characters from previous games show up in this. I think there's about 75-80 recruitable characters and over half are from previous games. You'll understand the characters better if you play previous stuff, but they do give you some info about their history as well. They have info sheets and it's usually explained in dialogue as well.

I played 1 and 2 and Sengoku Rance and I certainly enjoy the girls from Sengoku being in this a lot more than if I hadn't played it. I kinda forgot about most the characters from 1-2 though. The earlier game characters are a bit forgettable/basic in my opinion. Probably some of the newer game characters were fleshed out more.

I'd recommend Sengoku because it's pretty heavy on the VN vibes and the characters are pretty fleshed out. I doubt many of the earlier games gave that much attention to the characters. Sengoku's group gets a lot of attention in this. Lia's group probably is the most common though, which makes sense since they show up in just about all the games I think. Those two groups seem to get the most focus. Lia starts in Rance 1 and you can also kinda get the origin story of them somewhat from the Rance hentai.

This also is directly after the events of Sengoku and you start off with Suzume (From Sengoku) as a main character in this. She's in most of the events and conversations throughout the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizo

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Kinda hard to say, because a big thing with this game is that a shit ton of the characters from previous games show up in this. I think there's about 75-80 recruitable characters and over half are from previous games. You'll understand the characters better if you play previous stuff, but they do give you some info about their history as well. They have info sheets and it's usually explained in dialogue as well.

I played 1 and 2 and Sengoku Rance and I certainly enjoy the girls from Sengoku being in this a lot more than if I hadn't played it. I kinda forgot about most the characters from 1-2 though. The earlier game characters are a bit forgettable/basic in my opinion. Probably some of the newer game characters were fleshed out more.

I'd recommend Sengoku because it's pretty heavy on the VN vibes and the characters are pretty fleshed out. I doubt many of the earlier games gave that much attention to the characters. Sengoku's group gets a lot of attention in this. Lia's group probably is the most common though, which makes sense since they show up in just about all the games I think. Those two groups seem to get the most focus. Lia starts in Rance 1 and you can also learn about them from the Rance hentai.
Thanks for the informative response. Will start with Sengoku then go on to this one. :)

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Rance teaching us incest is for the deviant. Mr blackmailing, extorting, raping, murdering Rance is teaching moral to his kid, greatest irony there. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: kajidiablo

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
anyone know if its possible to capture a lucky can can?
you could in evenicle but not sure on this so ill say its possible but not 100% sure, im curious as well as ive gotten the tamer girl and started capturing the gal monsters recently

EDIT: the wiki doesn't show her so you probably cant but it could just be outdated in that area for magnum since lucky rabit (can can) is new to this version

Reactions: blaze22x

Evilmonk

Oct 6, 2017
There a guide or posts anywhere that gives some good builds to be aiming for? I'm not sure when I should be like getting additional uses of skills or if I should bother with getting extra uses of lower tiered skills or just waiting for level 3/4s or whatnot

Astr028

Aug 25, 2019
There a guide or posts anywhere that gives some good builds to be aiming for? I'm not sure when I should be like getting additional uses of skills or if I should bother with getting extra uses of lower tiered skills or just waiting for level 3/4s or whatnot
The Alicesoft Wiki pages seem to be the closest thing to build orders

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
There are different builds aimed at early and late game, there's not really a best build, but some users use certain weapons better because of special abilities. For example, early on the attack boost yellow seems good, but they fall off pretty hard as flat boosts only. The stuff that helps more later on is stun/crit, and Efficient Action for fighters (Can potentially allow them to use their special moves more).

Same issue with magic. You can focus on raising a bunch of tier 2 skills (the 600 damage cap aoes) and boosting max damage, or hold off until 3rd tier spells that have no damage cap with fast casting. The former is better early/mid, the latter is better late game or into newgame+ where damage caps could prevent damage. It's really just "Are you hitting the damage cap?" and comparing the skill cost/skill uses of each build. It will differ from character to character (Some characters have different skill costs).

Thankfully the skill resets are basically free from the shop, you can swap easily. At about level 30 you'll probably start realizing what stuff falls off hard and start changing builds. Before then, probably go with more skill uses but lower damage per shot > no skill caps when possible (Mostly with magic). There aren't too many users that have to worry too much about the damage caps before then unless they have an OP weapon.

One thing is apparently you really don't want to go hybrid. Apparently there aren't many great magic/physical damage weapons. If you try to do both, you'll end up sucking at both. I think it's recommended to make most the spellswords into just normal fighters that maybe have a unique gimmick. Ran for example just ends up being a generic fighter but she has her Hypnotism skill that helps at times.

Something that might make combat far too easy:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Something to help with grind for items (Treasure hunt party):

Weapon Type Info/Recommendations:

Also pay close attention to the special abilities of characters. Tilde Sharp for example has -20% attack for a 30% chance to attack again. Giving her attack boost stuff will be penalized, but she can double attack with a hammer that normally isn't possible if you really want. That or just max out her sword/short sword to allow her to potentially attacks 3-4 times a turn with a stun boost, that makes her pretty scary for CC.

TLDR: It varies too much to give a distinct general answer most of the time. Though some characters have special abilities or penalities or increased/decreased skill costs that make certain builds much better. Flat bonuses tend to be good early on but fall off later on. By the time your units reach around level 30, you'll know how to build them. I've gone through and reset about half my squad between level 20-30 after I saw how the game scaled.

If you have a question about a specific character though, people could probably answer that.

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
For anybody still confused like I was, Skill Fix preserves a unit's skillset. Units who suffer Morurun Damage will drop 5 levels with or without Skill Fix, but with it, you can save the unit's current skills, including the 5 SP you would normally lose by leveling down. In exchange, you won't gain SP until you reach the level you were before (5 level ups).

Still confused?
For example, if you have a unit with 36 base SP (LV35+MD1), after MD, that unit will end up with...
  • 33 SP without Skill Fix
    • (LV30 + MD2) or (LV35 + MD2 - LV5)
    • at LV35, the unit will end up with 38 SP
  • 37 SP with Skill Fix
    • (LV35 + MD2 - 1 for Skill Fix)
    • at LV35, the unit will still have 37 SP (38 SP - 1 SP for Skill Fix)
    • if you use Skill Again, the unit will revert to the base SP formula and gain SP as normal
TL;DR You are essentially paying 1 SP to not waste time reallocating SP. It's purely for the sake of convenience.

Last edited:

Abemu

Nov 27, 2017
Why is it exactly this took 10 years to translate?
I remember completing Sengoku Rance over a decade ago now, and being thrilled to learn that someone was working on a translation. So wtf was up with the delay.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
I remember completing Sengoku Rance over a decade ago now, and being thrilled to learn that someone was working on a translation. So wtf was up with the delay.
firstly because its an official translation, secondly i would assume its because the 230 missions requiring 3 playthroughs to see everything, not to mention side quest chat missions and random party chat and ui and items, i could go on but you get the point, it took a while for Mangagamer to pick it up and work on it im sure due to shit sales in the west typically so honestly i can only say be happy its here at all really

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019
SO... at what point do we get to reset a girl's level who not level 35? I have a few girls who are max level but nowhere near to 35..XD

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
SO... at what point do we get to reset a girl's level who not level 35? I have a few girls who are max level but nowhere near to 35..XD
the +5 cap items stack even without sex just keep placing them on the girl and it will go up every time, only faster way is the quest needing a jewel for the +20 cap item

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
The answer is... Rance Quest was translated entirelly pretty much but final quests by the same guy who translated Sengoku and i played during the time, though the patch was removed from the page once he started working in Magnum(the add-on update that forces into re-playing game 3 times).
While he was working into this patch, Mangagamer reached the fan-translator, stopping all his projects, though they added him in their team. Also, another thing to consider is that his translations were sent to Mangagamer and also revised(his older ones) and he was placed to work in Rance Series in general there... so Magnum got placed "in line".

In the end, they released more than 4 different Rance games before this one being released... From Rance 5D to Sengoku i believe(all official this time) and they also released the re-makes of Rance 1/2 in english(i think it was a double package, or just Rance 1) before finishing this one... now, they only have Rance 9 and X(the end of the series) to work there in their project catalogue(rance related games). So can expect those 2 to be released faster than all these other ones that were pretty much released in same order japanese version got out pretty much, as official ones... The real answer to ur question of "why the fuck 10 years?" probably because Alicesoft enforced a contract on Mangagamer asking them to make official releases from the games in the same order the japanese ones were released and Magnum was later in line as the focus or whatever. They also priorized the introduction to Rance Series(1 & 2 Re-Make) than working into this one that is closer to how Rance X system will be thanks to the giant amount of characters and being the final game...

EDIT:
Almost forgot, they also have confirmed an Evenicle 2 official release, so, unscensored edition later by them. Probably will be released between Rance 9 and X or earlier than both, who knows?... since Evenicle 1 has been out for a while already anyway...(a spin-off from Rance Quest systems, same pattern but different story with newer hero and more vanilla content to who hates Rance personality)...

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
The answer is... Rance Quest was translated entirelly pretty much but final quests by the same guy who translated Sengoku and i played during the time, though the patch was removed from the page once he started working in Magnum(the add-on update that forces into re-playing game 3 times).
While he was working into this patch, Mangagamer reached the fan-translator, stopping all his projects, though they added him in their team. Also, another thing to consider is that his translations were sent to Mangagamer and also revised(his older ones) and he was placed to work in Rance Series in general there... so Magnum got placed "in line".

In the end, they released more than 4 different Rance games before this one being released... From Rance 5D to Sengoku i believe(all official this time) and they also released the re-makes of Rance 1/2 in english(i think it was a double package, or just Rance 1) before finishing this one... now, they only have Rance 9 and X(the end of the series) to work there in their project catalogue(rance related games). So can expect those 2 to be released faster than all these other ones that were pretty much released in same order japanese version got out pretty much, as official ones... The real answer to ur question of "why the fuck 10 years?" probably because Alicesoft enforced a contract on Mangagamer asking them to make official releases from the games in the same order the japanese ones were released and Magnum was later in line as the focus or whatever. They also priorized the introduction to Rance Series(1 & 2 Re-Make) than working into this one that is closer to how Rance X system will be thanks to the giant amount of characters and being the final game...

EDIT:
Almost forgot, they also have confirmed an Evenicle 2 official release, so, unscensored edition later by them. Probably will be released between Rance 9 and X or earlier than both, who knows?... since Evenicle 1 has been out for a while already anyway...(a spin-off from Rance Quest systems, same pattern but different story with newer hero and more vanilla content to who hates Rance personality)...
considering evenicle has rape i dont really call it vanilla even compared to some of the shit rance does lol and id go into detail but thats a spoiler for anyone new to the game if 2 is more tame ill be surprised honestly but i enjoyed one so im looking forward to the second

Edit: well rape, vore? gore, i can go on but its got some bad shit if you check rooms at any rate but the game was fun and has a happy end for them all

Last edited:

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Evenicle was a steaming pile of shit. Is this any better? Considered Sengoku Rance is one of my favourite games ever. Note i said "games", not "h-games".

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Evenicle was a steaming pile of shit. Is this any better? Considered Sengoku Rance is one of my favourite games ever. Note i said "games", not "h-games".
Well its feels/plays like Evenicle...its not the same gameplay as in Sengoku Rance.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes