FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Quick tip: When you're power leveling a crew, remove all attack/defense abilities from the weak characters so it auto skips their turns. You can get to your mages quicker to aoe enemies down super fast. Low level ninjas can outspeed a lot of higher level characters, makes it a chore to raise them otherwise.

Hmm, got a +20 level forbidden talent from the gem lady instead of +10 the wiki mentions. Well, that'll make things easy if that wasn't just the first time clear bonus.

Also finally made a chest farming team. Crane with total escape skills + chest opening + trap opening, Tomato with magic item focus, Crook for heals and extra chest opening/trap dodge, mage to aoe shit I can't run from, etc. Working nicely. I've gotta get somebody with treasure quality up thing in there too.

Last edited:

Mattarobase

May 10, 2019
After 2 day playing the game dont want to go past the first menu of the game and i dont want te refarm what i did and i dont understand what they ask; if someone can save my computer before being thrown out of the window

edit: now the game start like i never played..
edit2: find some backup lost like 5/6h of game still better than loosing all, but still dont know what to do if this reappear

Last edited:

nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
I have searched the whole wiki and cant find what Rance's ability, Sexual Prowess, is used for. Is this a one time thing for a quest?
My Rance is already at legendary level, since he deserves it.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I have searched the whole wiki and cant find what Rance's ability, Sexual Prowess, is used for. Is this a one time thing for a quest?
My Rance is already at legendary level, since he deserves it.
It's for a single quest pretty late into the game. Don't think you need to worry about it until you have some characters around 40-45.

Reactions: nosiro

ZeMightyOne

May 22, 2019
Gonna finish it just because it's rance game, but so far sengoku rance was better in every regard for me personally.
On other hand is there a guide or walk that helps to know how/where to unlock certain characters?
Been playing for some time and have certain events with characters that i just don't have. Maria, Yuzumi, Karma and etc.
Like thankfully i could find info in wiki about Nioh otherwise i would never find her.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Evenicle was a steaming pile of shit. Is this any better? Considered Sengoku Rance is one of my favourite games ever. Note i said "games", not "h-games".
Sengoku Rance is special it is more a strategy RPG Game and it is very difficult.

The others are normal RPG Games.

Strategy RPG Games different as Rance are for example:

Big Bang Age (fan translation)

or

Daiteikoku (fan translation around 35%, stoped to much "loli" content this answer disappeared later)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlinkA1

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Sengoku Rance is special it is more a strategy RPG Game and it is very difficult.

The others are normal RPG Games.

Strategy RPG Games different as Rance are for example:

Big Bang Age (fan translation)

or

Daiteikoku (fan translation around 35%, stoped to much "loli" content this answer disappeared later)
I'd like to complement on that idea of what u say... yeah, RPG have different kinds around, mixing with action or not, or being tactical that is a hell up from the usual simulation we get... basically a tactical game gets heavy in the conditions/knowledge u have about the game. Most RPG basic games, player can just level up and steam roll everything as long as he have a level higher than the enemy and then, near the end as optional stuff, devs put up a boss where player sees forced into fighting with all abilities he can muster out of his knowledge. A sample of game like this is... Kingdom Hearts... looking from the outside, it's a very good simple game to pass on time, but when u reach content like the Organization optional fights on the second game and then to complete fighting Lingering Will(totally not fucked up boss) or Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1, you get to see what the game really is about. In this game/Rance 8 case, u only get to see it after finishing the game twice. Once u get to feel Magnum real difficulty and get to plan ahead skill trees, reset characters, change gears, try to boost the level overlimit with items and stuff... the first run player can even go blindly without understanding much actually... the strategy begins on NG+. Cheating is a solution as some say =V, the game even have stuff that can one-shot you out of nowhere if u have no care about builds/knowledge on actions... like theres a Uggly Girl that can use Verbal Abuse and one-shot Rance within a single turn not caring about level... think about this haha

To explain better about Rance 8(Quest):
- First run is the preview, a run to adapt to the game, learn mechanics and everything is easy. It also uses the basic difficulty from Rance 8(Quest), player can mod the difficulty on original game when they finish to make stuff harder paying some points before starting another go.
- Second Run... changes a lot if Magnum Add-on is installed. Magnum was made waaaay later and worked to add many more content and re-balance stuff, so, here is the starting point when game gets to be challenging. But u also need to clear the game at least 2 more times than the base to see everything Magnum has to offer.
- Third Run... is translated as hell, here is the point where divides people who study the game, learn the mechanics and really used the earlier runs to care about setups and builds before fights, and also, learned the overall skills effects. Basically, player will die... A LOT in this one. It's where Magnum shows it's real difficulty and fangs to the players and u can't just run blindly on everything... unless u cheat and make ur level goes 200+ than the enemy or so at least, and even then, they will still have stuff that can one-shot you. Healers are a must here.

Honestly people who just played the game once to get the feels and see just cause it's Rance or didn't finish all 3 runs at least... don't even know what this game is about for reals lols kkkkk

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah with this game I've been seeing a lot of terrible reviews here for it and it's pretty clear when they didn't even give the game a chance. Normally I'd just say "to each their own", but there's a big difference between calling a game trash and not liking it/preferring Sengoku. It's certainly a different game style, can't blame anybody for liking Sengoku more. This game is pretty good though, just need to give it some time. It's better than most rpgs in this style I've played.

This translated version also seems to drastically cut down on the grind, which I think helps. Going by the wiki, the Jap version seems a lot more obnoxious. Seems skill resets are limited and scale in cost, I think the talent level ups are half the level + from the gem lady. I think they also altered some stuff to be more forgiving so you wouldn't fuck shit up permanently for not knowing how some of the obscure power up stuff works.

The curse delevel stuff is surprisingly easy to come back from too, especially by the 2nd time. With them absorbing magic items and getting buffs, sometimes they're stronger than before the curse.

When people call it trash, makes me wonder wtf they expected from this game. It's clearly a different genre from Sengoku, should have known that coming into it. If you're having that much trouble with it, skim over the or .

Last edited:

pcportable

Aug 4, 2017
Yeah with this game I've been seeing a lot of terrible reviews here for it and it's pretty clear when they didn't even give the game a chance. Normally I'd just say "to each their own", but there's a big difference between calling a game trash and not liking it/preferring Sengoku. It's certainly a different game style, can't blame anybody for liking Sengoku more. This game is pretty good though, just need to give it some time. It's better than most rpgs in this style I've played.

This translated version also seems to drastically cut down on the grind, which I think helps. Going by the wiki, the Jap version seems a lot more obnoxious. Seems skill resets are limited and scale in cost, I think the talent level ups are half the level + from the gem lady. I think they also altered some stuff to be more forgiving so you wouldn't fuck shit up permanently for not knowing how some of the obscure power up stuff works.

The curse delevel stuff is surprisingly easy to come back from too, especially by the 2nd time. With them absorbing magic items and getting buffs, sometimes they're stronger than before the curse.

When people call it trash, makes me wonder wtf they expected from this game. It's clearly a different genre from Sengoku, should have known that coming into it. If you're having that much trouble with it, skim over the or .
I am honnestly not sure I will plays this game again after I finished it at 100 percent but it is better than what I expected when I listened to review. I still wish there was more interaction with character like in VI which I honnestly liked quitte a lot for that despite not being a fan of the gameplay.
I really hope IX and X feel a bit more like sengoku or kichouku rance in gameplay.
Hopefully this get better at the end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I am honnestly not sure I will plays this game again after I finished it at 100 percent but it is better than what I expected when I listened to review. I still wish there was more interaction with character like in VI which I honnestly liked quitte a lot for that despite not being a fan of the gameplay.
I really hope IX and X feel a bit more like sengoku or kichouku rance in gameplay.
Hopefully this get better at the end.
Well that sounds like a good review for 6 to me, I'll probably get to that after this and finishing Sengoku. My play order is so fucked lol. Played original 1, played 02 remake. Then went to Sengoku Rance till about the

Then I heard about this about to be released and went back and restarted Sengoku, then took a break from it to play this. Lmao.

I hope they're planning on remaking all the games till at least 5D I think. The early stuff is so dated. Would be nice to play through the whole series at a high quality one day. Sengoku is fine of course, 5D is a bit questionable, but it's not so bad I I wouldn't want to play it. I did play the original first game and it was okay.

Last edited:

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
have yet to play remakes, but did play originals up to sengoku, could never get into it because how strict it was i always ended up stressing instead of having a good time, not that it makes it a bad game just hard for me to enjoy it like that, at any rate im glad they stopped using the Dungun crawling in 90s era 3d gameplay , and went over the top view , amusingly the quest system reminds me of bunny black but only in that way lol

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
After each battle rance is going home.....can it be somehow disabled?

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Are there any missable scenes, quests and or characters? xD

Rance games tend to be somewhat long and I want to get the most out of my playthroughs.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Are there any missable scenes, quests and or characters? xD

Rance games tend to be somewhat long and I want to get the most out of my playthroughs.
well the short answer is to get 100% you will need to go through NG++ so 3 playthroughs but as op says its over 50 hours long lol having just finished "world one" aka first play through i will say the story is pretty nice albeit traditional rance in that aspect lol so id give it a go for at least that long

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Is this more or less grindy than Rance 6? I love the story but being forced to visit the same map a hundred times over (yes there were ingame stats) is not fun.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Is this more or less grindy than Rance 6? I love the story but being forced to visit the same map a hundred times over (yes there were ingame stats) is not fun.
id say it can be pretty bad esp on the ng++ but if your not adverse to useing CE there is a table for it now with a lot of options to pick from so if you just want easy exp thats doable without a problem otherwise yes its got a lot of replaying missions for items or exp but over all id say even if you gotta cheat to enjoy it with less grind the story is nice....mostly, theres a couple scenes i personally could do without but its rance lol

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes