Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Just finished it earlier today... yeah man that boss is rough. I managed with Kenshin/Rance DPS, Urza tactician (buff attack/defense/remove poison), 2x healers, had to switch in a third healer as well as some extra dps (ran out of skills) mid-fight and just kept Rance alive into the finish.

Tips? Poison does some decent damage if you can keep reapplying it, gave my entire party Alice's Protection (from the bracelet trade in), update all equipment, the defense buff really helped mitigate some damage so my healers could stick around, re-spec Rance so that he has a bunch of the higher dps skills, equip anything that raises physical defense across the board, try debuffing her attack/defense before unloading your big skills.

Also not sure what level you are but I did it at 49 and scraped by so anything under that is probably underlevelled.

I also don't recommend cheating because this is one of the rare hgames that actually has interesting gameplay mechanics.
the big thing that made it doable for me was raising each of my healers' HP enough that it took 3 hits to kill them. That let them reliably use Full Revive to counter balance instances when Am just goes twice and downs everyone else.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
What exactly is the Resilience stat? I thought it and Resistance were the same stat until just now.
Resilience protects against stun, poison and such stuff. Mainly important for guards, or they stop protecting the others. Resistance is magical resistance (all pain feels like pleasure my ass), the counterpart to defense for physical resistance.

I still want to know what "coolness" and "sexiness" is all about. Some anon already asked, but it never got answered. Nobody knows?

Oh, and "talent" is absolutely fucked, if you ask me. Typically the chars that are supposed to use them, can't raise the talent since they're already too highly leveled for the quests, so you have to level talent equipment with lower chars, just low enough that they can equip them, but not high enough that their levels are too high again already. Super stupid and annoying if you ask me.

Also there really should have been a button to quickly discard a (trash) item you've just found, which would take the same amount of clicks to dismiss the dialogue and you wouldn't have to discard them alter form the quest inventory if full. Eh, whatever.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah as mentioned, talent isn't even that great either unless it's on an SS weapon, I just liked it and wanted to start raising it when my characters still could easily. I hadn't unlocked the body boost stuff yet. Easier to replace a maxed talent weapon to something without talent that won't need to be improved than the other way around, so I was starting with talents. Even then, talent takes up points that can be used towards stun/crit. Only weapon it seems pretty good for is Crystal Rod and it's built into it already.

There's also rare growth, but I haven't unlocked that yet. By the time it's available, it'd be a pain to raise. Seems mostly like a newgame+ thing. It's just pretty hard to beat a percentage boost.

Body boost doesn't even seem that rare, and doesn't take up the "Effective against" slot, nice. I'm pretty hesitant to try it with Decapitation Blade though since I rolled 30 stun, 20 crit on it. Kanami doesn't have much attack either as a Ranger, so eh. Crystal Rod too. I'll probably roll Naginata, the Box, and Tulip though. Welp, can always pick them up later if their stats scale so much that body boost becomes better. I'm already way too strong for my current quests because of all the farming lol.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

moekou

Feb 25, 2018
Does Tilde's Pepsi Swordplay stack with extra attach chances on Short Sword, or is she better off with other weapons?

GEMPAL

Jan 14, 2019
I'm enjoying this game so much. Props for the uploader.

I hope someday 'they' would release Rance's steam version.

Also does skill 'Skill Fix' any good? It basically just lock your skill so i wont get reset up to 5 skill point right?

asaxxx

Dec 13, 2018
Also does skill 'Skill Fix' any good? It basically just lock your skill so i wont get reset up to 5 skill point right?
Yes, it locks your skillset after a morurun, at the expense of not getting SP after 5 levels ( since you only decrease 5 levels after the initial morurun). Just a QOL skill.

• Red Heart
Reactions: GEMPAL

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah as mentioned, talent isn't even that great
There are indeed certain items where it's pretty badass. For example a `Magic Idiot` sexy robe with talent will boost the robe into proper def levels, and all of a sudden it's a pretty darn good robe. In fact, most cloths with talent are nice. But so are weapons which pretty much get next tier damage with it. Not all of them, but most. But you're right, instead of talent, you'd rather get an extra +10 something useful. The later in the game anyways, as slight attack boost become negligible.

I also leveled Sachiko's lewd school dress. Grew almost nothing, but you can get a pretty amazing -20% physical damage. Still a shit cloth piece in comparison, but that bonus is really nice. I ended up with talent on level 9 (50 def, 52 resist, 20 resil, 1 sex, Talent 0%), however, and it almost does nothing.

Crane's puncher doesn't amount to much either on level 9, but you can push stun to over 100, and get some additional evasion, critical, effective against or an attribute. Atk stays at 5 +/-5 maybe.

As for the naginata, I ended up on level 9 with: 532 atk, 190 magic (never changes), 20 acc, 45 def and +10 critical. IMHO still a pretty shitty weapon, despite her special dance move. I think I'll just give her a proper spear and spear fury all the way. That will yield better results. Don't know, maybe early on naginata is kind of good?

Okay, so what does "coolness" and "sexiness" do?

VGStrife

Nov 1, 2017
I am having the issue. According to the wiki the conditions in order to get her are:
"Have 5 or more characters KO'ed in the same area", then "switch to 2 different maps" and then "Complete the quest" to get her.
Or find a treasure chest with 30% chance to open and leave it alone and then switch map.
None of the above worked for me on Malgrid 1.
Did you manage to work out what the issue was? Still struggling

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Okay, so what does "coolness" and "sexiness" do?
From wiki comments :

What Sexiness [+1] means? Or Coolness.
·2d

Does nothing, it's just a joke stat
·1d

Apparently there is a skill that custom characters can have that makes them somehow stronger from those stats but none of the standard characters can have that skill (never saw those as I never bothered with custom characters though).

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Did you manage to work out what the issue was? Still struggling
I used quest 86 (Highway Yankees) with a bunch of level 1 characters. Four level 1 characters with poor defences and one tank in the backrow, so you will survive. When the first few get wiped, switch in a few more low level characters with poor defences. Let them be knocked out in the first area (have someone like Rance in the back row, so you won't be wiped), then move to the last area, and event will fire. I am sure it can be done in other maps too, but this one is really straightforward, and allows for a quick run. No point in struggling on a harder map.

Did anyone know how the hell do quick save trick?
Use the System --> Save (suspend) option in your game. The game will exit. Then go to your savefolder (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\AliceSoft\Rance Quest, make a copy / zip of the save. Start the game, resume quest. If you don't like the outcome, restore your save folder, go back to the title, and you can resume the game again.

moekou

Feb 25, 2018
What Sexiness [+1] means? Or Coolness.

Does nothing, it's just a joke stat
Speaking of Sexiness, do skills like Rance's Sexual Prowess which can be leveled with skill points do anything? Sachiko has a similar one with Compulsory Education.

moekou

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks! Wasn't sure since Cricket apparently has a 6 skill point Boobs skill that does nothing for gameplay.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Question for the rangers/archer fags in here: What's the fucking point of `Bullseye Arrow`? It gives +100 atk with a 1.0x damage mult and no damage limit. Compare this to `Ranged Attack 4` which gives +300 atk with a 1.2x dmg mult, also without damage limit at the cost of -10 accuracy. I think both come even with the same skill points to invest, and `Ranged Attack 4` is enabled right away, so you don't have to unlock version 2 and 3 first.
Seems kind of underwhelming for a special attack if it's basically just another basic attack single shot thing without any further tricks. Am I missing something?

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Question for the rangers/archer fags in here: What's the fucking point of `Bullseye Arrow`? It gives +100 atk with a 1.0x damage mult and no damage limit. Compare this to `Ranged Attack 4` which gives +300 atk with a 1.2x dmg mult, also without damage limit at the cost of -10 accuracy. I think both come even with the same skill points to invest, and `Ranged Attack 4` is enabled right away, so you don't have to unlock version 2 and 3 first.
Seems kind of underwhelming for a special attack if it's basically just another basic attack single shot thing without any further tricks. Am I missing something?
Wiki say " Cannot be guarded "

Search "Bull's Eye"

PeacePeace

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah as mentioned, talent isn't even that great either unless it's on an SS weapon, I just liked it and wanted to start raising it when my characters still could easily. I hadn't unlocked the body boost stuff yet. Easier to replace a maxed talent weapon to something without talent that won't need to be improved than the other way around, so I was starting with talents. Even then, talent takes up points that can be used towards stun/crit. Only weapon it seems pretty good for is Crystal Rod and it's built into it already.

There's also rare growth, but I haven't unlocked that yet. By the time it's available, it'd be a pain to raise. Seems mostly like a newgame+ thing. It's just pretty hard to beat a percentage boost.

Body boost doesn't even seem that rare, and doesn't take up the "Effective against" slot, nice. I'm pretty hesitant to try it with Decapitation Blade though since I rolled 30 stun, 20 crit on it. Kanami doesn't have much attack either as a Ranger, so eh. Crystal Rod too. I'll probably roll Naginata, the Box, and Tulip though. Welp, can always pick them up later if their stats scale so much that body boost becomes better. I'm already way too strong for my current quests because of all the farming lol.
FYI, Treasure Dango items can be upgraded in the same way (by donating), however you can only find them again from another Treasure Dango. Easy to do once you've found every item, since you're guaranteed to get the one you donate, but still a slow process. The upgrades are great though I'm nowhere near +9 on anything yet.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes