Sly_Dog

Aug 22, 2017
Here I compiled the Requirements for recruiting the characters I don't know If this will satisfy you guys but yeah Just quote me If there's still some missing characters
Can you do it on something other than zippyshare? My comp doesn't like it.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
So how much stronger do the special equips get at higher level ups? I finally decided to try donating some to check, they aren't super rare but it's still taking a while to collect/level them all. Any of them really worth it? I was hoping Lia and Copandon's weapon in particular would get some nice attack boosts. I thought they might be flat boosts per level up since they're unique, but it seems the bonuses are maybe random like normal equips? Some barely get anything new on them, and some become incredibly stronger thanks to gaining the talent trait. The Naginata and Tulip gaining talent is amazing.

Seem to get one of them about every other run on Malgrid 5, not too bad. Getting a lot of other useful stuff at the same time. Wish I started doing this earlier. Think the drop rate improves with higher Charisma, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't try early on. My treasure hunting party is becoming stronger than my main parties, even with a lot of their skill points going towards support stuff... Lol.

Edit: Finally got multiple unique drops in the same dungeon, guess it's possible. A gem and 2 +5 talents too, wtf was that run. Got an Oda Armor with talent up too. And a Lia's Whip with talent, niceeee.

Farming in this game is strangely addictive once you have a routine.

Last edited:

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
Just for reference, when you are trying to get a dungeon transition event in Malgrid, you cannot use the starting area to its adjacent area to get an event. Therefore, when you are trying to get someone like Urza or Yuzumi, you need to at least change area that's not the starting area.

Reactions: ju1zzed

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Just for reference, when you are trying to get a dungeon transition event in Malgrid, you cannot use the starting area to its adjacent area to get an event. Therefore, when you are trying to get someone like Urza or Yuzumi, you need to at least change area that's not the starting area.
Thats correct, thats why i didnt get Urza earlier today ;)

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Quest #203: Divide and Conquer
the dude that designed this quest should die in a fire.

Never ever have i seen such rubbish. :WutFace:

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
So how much stronger do the special equips get at higher level ups?
I've done Crane's puncher up to level 4, which doesn't seem to be worth it very much:
0: 1/80/50 (atk/stun/acc)
1: 1/86/50
2: 3/87/50
3: 5/80/58
4: 3/80/50, but also 6 res and 6 crit.

What we can learn from this is that every level is rolled from scratch, that is, something gained on an earlier level isn't bound to stick. It's just the amount of bonus that increases in total, and then that gets randomly distributed. Some bonus categories are fixed and do have a minimum/initial value, others are mere random bonus.

I've also done Lia's whip, up to level 9. And that was totally worth it, for atk increases steadily and about linearly:
1: 100/50 (atk/acc)
3: 300/60, but also 10 stun and talent
8: 1170/58, and 8 stun, 8 crit
9: 1260/55, and 15 crit and talent

Those 1260 attack are gonna whip some serious ass. And if you don't roll talent on level 9, you probably can just donate it again, and get another level 9 back, maybe this time with talent, or talent R even?
But honestly, it's kind of braindead to reroll this over and over again until you're happy. Might as well just cheat or something.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

Unsafe

Dec 29, 2017
I understand that it is an element of the story, but we both know that when people ask for it they aren't simply asking for a plot-driven reason.
They want to see the characters getting pregnant, growing their belly and having sex pregnant. We both know why it is requested and it is not for plot, lets not insult each other's intelligence by pretending it is.

I have no problem with the pregnancy being referenced and as an element of the story, but like other people said, it is a very long term process that doesn't work in this game as anything other than a mention or a reference. The time-frames just don't match.

I get your point, but I don't think it is as big an issue as you are making it out to be. Yes, Sil was the one who used to cast it on him, but only because he conveniently had her at hand. It is not some special or secret magic that only Sil could use as far as we know.

Especially with him having a homebase in Coppadon's place, he can probably get it cast on him whenever he wants just be asking her to have someone do it. It is no longer as convenient as simply turning around and asking your slave to do it for you, but it is hardly unattainable.
No I asked cause its literally an element of the story. I dont care what you read into it.

yoohen

Jun 23, 2017
Found a link to a 100% Scene+CG save, but it doesn't seem to do anything about NG+ (or, in game terms, World 2+) so might be outdated once a link for a 100CG+Scene+World 2/3 start comes up.

? old save from 2012

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Man... the final boss of #177 Tower of Babel is absolutely brutal. Anyone here have any tips? I can last for a while by using two healers and even a dancer to extend them, but eventually she happens to get two turns in a row and just wipes the board.

I've tried whacking away with Chaos+Rance, using poison, and trying to chip away her defense with Armor Break. I can only get her to about 25% before everything goes to hell.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
On a general note: I really like how Rance Quest picks up and rehashes a whole bunch of minor plotlines from the earlier games.

If you keep Kichikuou Rance in mind, it's pretty easy to tell where Collapse of Zeth, Sengoku Rance, The Helman Revolution and Rance X fit in the major plotlines already outlined in Kichikuou Rance. Each of those games is based on one of the major wars/campaigns in Kichikuou Rance.

But that still left a whole bunch of minor plotlines, like the Kalars, the Church of Alice, Satella's shenanigans, Café Artful, the Hyper Building, etcetera. But Rance Quest does a great job at picking up all kinds of loose ends and unused elements.

Really, the only drawback of this game (writing-wise, at least) is that the story doesn't really have any direction for about the first quarter of the game. Yeah, there's the whole thing about getting Sill out of that block of magical ice - but even Rance himself just forgets about that >95% of the time. He's just spending all his time doing odd jobs and random shit, so the game just feels like filler until Pastel curses him.

Quest #203: Divide and Conquer
the dude that designed this quest should die in a fire.

Never ever have i seen such rubbish. :WutFace:
Yeah, some of the quests are real stinkers. Most of them are more or less fair, but some of them pull really underhanded shit.

Wow this one quest, with a certain female character... :cry: :eek:
That got me good...ffs.
Not just you, bro.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a related note:

Man... the final boss of #177 Tower of Babel is absolutely brutal. Anyone here have any tips? I can last for a while by using two healers and even a dancer to extend them, but eventually she happens to get two turns in a row and just wipes the board.

I've tried whacking away with Chaos+Rance, using poison, and trying to chip away her defense with Armor Break. I can only get her to about 25% before everything goes to hell.
Honestly? I'd recommend CheatEngine.

The later bosses in this game do not pull punches. Full Kalar, Dark Rance, Kite/Kaito, etcetera.

Might as well give yourself a leg up.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I've done Crane's puncher up to level 4, which doesn't seem to be worth it very much:
0: 1/80/50 (atk/stun/acc)
1: 1/86/50
2: 3/87/50
3: 5/80/58
4: 3/80/50, but also 6 res and 6 crit.

What we can learn from this is that every level is rolled from scratch, that is, something gained on an earlier level isn't bound to stick. It's just the amount of bonus that increases in total, and then that gets randomly distributed. Some bonus categories are fixed and do have a minimum/initial value, others are mere random bonus.

I've also done Lia's whip, up to level 9. And that was totally worth it, for atk increases steadily and about linearly:
1: 100/50 (atk/acc)
3: 300/60, but also 10 stun and talent
8: 1170/58, and 8 stun, 8 crit
9: 1260/55, and 15 crit and talent

Those 1260 attack are gonna whip some serious ass. And if you don't roll talent on level 9, you probably can just donate it again, and get another level 9 back, maybe this time with talent, or talent R even?
But honestly, it's kind of braindead to reroll this over and over again until you're happy. Might as well just cheat or something.
Yeah, was just going to post mine. I'll probably take a break from the whip to check out the Copandon Box, but I'm not expecting much from that. It hasn't really improved at all yet. Lia is by far my strongest character now, lol. Definitely the strongest weapon I have, I'm still only in my first run. The power of farming. After I catch up some other weapons (Tulip, Naginata, Crystal Rod, Omikuji Box), I'll try rerolling the whip for Talent. Most seem worth the grind. Puncher is probably the only one I won't work on.

Lia just being able to drop 4500 physical damage all enemy aoes at level 42, lols. Too bad none of my farming party have uniques. They're who could use them the most at this point.

I'll try to post examples of all +9 weapons (But Puncher).

Well it seems out of all the unique weapons so far: Lia's Whip, Kanami's Decapitation Blade, and Maria's Tulip is worth the farm, Shizuka's Crystal Rod is mega worth (It not only gets higher attack, but it also resets the talent to 0% when it normally starts at like 600%). The iffy ones are the Omikuji Box, Puncher, and the Naginata. Very little improvement on them attack wise (Naginata doesn't improve in magic either).

Last edited:

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Earlier in this thread I've asked about that `Rocky Chunk`, and some anon said it basically gives one char 9 extra skill points. Awesome. Anyways, so I've checked the skill screen of Athena 2.0 who does not have any skill points to spend. Yet, there's a skill to be learned there. For exactly 9 skill points: `Become Human`.

Anyone tried this already? Should I do it? I don't really like her that much, but it seems like this rocky chunk is made for her. And I might just get another one anyways, once I use the one I have up already (that's just an assumption, but it probably works like with the gem for +20 talent card. And boy, did I get a lot of those. Basically it's free levels for anyone, no questions asked).

Ahhh, you can't even use it on her, since she got a broken clock from rance she's really fond of there in the slot.
Still strange.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Earlier in this thread I've asked about that `Rocky Chunk`, and some anon said it basically gives one char 9 extra skill points. Awesome. Anyways, so I've checked the skill screen of Athena 2.0 who does not have any skill points to spend. Yet, there's a skill to be learned there. For exactly 9 skill points: `Become Human`.

Anyone tried this already? Should I do it? I don't really like her that much, but it seems like this rocky chunk is made for her. And I might just get another one anyways, once I use the one I have up already (that's just an assumption, but it probably works like with the gem for +20 talent card. And boy, did I get a lot of those. Basically it's free levels for anyone, no questions asked).

Ahhh, you can't even use it on her, since she got a broken clock from rance she's really fond of there in the slot.
Still strange.
In world 3 you can remove equips that normally can't be removed, I think that allows you to give her a rock? There's a lot of special stuff possible in world 3 because of that. I'm excited for some users that were meh because of those unremoveable things becoming more useful.

lambdadeltaphi

Apr 10, 2018
So is world 2 and 3 worth doing, if you are in for the plot? I mean I'm interested if there's at least +20% new content but not if it's entirely a rehash of world 1 but harder.

dracas

Sep 27, 2017
little question about something thats bother me a little (not much) when i play the game i only get the normal windows cursor. but in videos there should be a ingame cursor too now i wounder why i dont get it even playing fullscreen.

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
Anyone know how to kill this Elastic Grape? Physical, Magical damage does nothing.

Edit: Nvm, apparently assasination works...didn't work for me until the 10th time.

Yuuji97

Apr 9, 2018
Got one problem , tried returning to world 1 after doing a few missions , now im stuck in world 1 with no way to get into world 2 aside from completing the game again...am i wrong? cause i see nothing about it in the wiki or here , and given how easy it is to lock yourself like this i was expecting a warning or something...

nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
Got one problem , tried returning to world 1 after doing a few missions , now im stuck in world 1 with no way to get into world 2 aside from completing the game again...am i wrong? cause i see nothing about it in the wiki or here , and given how easy it is to lock yourself like this i was expecting a warning or something...
Can you retry Quest #14? Maybe its still there, under Stored Quests?

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes