FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah the no damage limit and the fact that finding an enemy's weakness stays with all enemies of that kind means it's really a late game thing. You only need to search an enemy once and then more damage forever. The unlimited scaling when a lot of the strongest abilities have limits (Kenshin's wheel move for example), is huge. Early on it might seem meh, but it gets better basically.

That said, I'm not sure if spartans ever become better than fighters. I'm pretty late into the game and single attacks for fists still feel really underwhelming in comparison to what spears/swords can do with multi attacks. Fist weapons really fucking blowing stat wise doesn't help. Every weapon type has a way to multi attack but fists, it's a huge handicap when clearing mobs, and they don't even really have an advantage against bosses damage wise either if the boss isn't humanoid.

Really all the class has going for it is it can debuff on attacks and it's versatile damage wise (If elemental fist build anyways). Their job is really just support against strong bosses. I'm not sure if their damage penalty even makes up for their special abilities. When you have a mage that can just 1hit every mob or spears that can do like 5 hits against a boss, or a swordsman that can clear out the whole front row in one shot or do 2.5x damage to a boss, kinda makes Brawlers seem silly most the time. The attack/defense debuffs can be nice but it's one of those things that's difficult to notice/appreciate.

I love Kibako and hope she's more useful in new games. I've heard she scales really well stat wise. I think building her for crit, Shoulder Throw, Soft Spot Strike on top of her Elemental Strikes can give her some use against more crap. She has a pretty limited skill list because of all her brawling knowledge and can't really afford Armor Strike.

Last edited:

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
if: 1) Weakness Search was ever used on that particular enemy
Oh, so I don't need to weakness search them from scratch per battle? I just need to do it for a certain enemy once, and then all my characters know? Ah, that's much better then. Still, sounds like a micro-management problem to fine tune for really super hard enemies/bosses.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Anyone knows what a "Rocky Chunk" (item) is? Equip to learn to "rock on" it says. What does it do? I can't find anything about it in the wiki.

nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
While in a dungeon, hit system on the botton left corner, then save, and the game will exit. Go to the game folder and you'll see a yellow icon that says opensavefolder.exe, it'll open a file explorer window with the save folder. Now you can backup the temporary files, or if you're not sure which ones, the whole folder. Restart the game, you should be inside the dungeon in the same place and condition when you saved and exit, you can try whatever, and if you don't like the result, exit the game and restore the folder from the backup. Now you will go back at the point where you saved. That's how it goes in theory, I haven't tried yet so I can't say for sure.
Thanks! I backed up all files ending with "_030*.ASD" in the save folder, and then later restored them and it worked.

Last edited:

Jeff Swan

Jul 31, 2018
Found a link to a 100% Scene+CG save, but it doesn't seem to do anything about NG+ (or, in game terms, World 2+) so might be outdated once a link for a 100CG+Scene+World 2/3 start comes up.

this may sound like a noob question, but how do you add the save file to the game, I copied it to save data but it didn't change anything

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Does anybody know the chance of double attacks from weapon skills btw? It seems like normal attack 2 has a higher chance of proccing it than normal attack 1, but could just be luck.

Anyone knows what a "Rocky Chunk" (item) is? Equip to learn to "rock on" it says. What does it do? I can't find anything about it in the wiki.
Gives 9 SP points (It gives 10, but costs 1 to buy, it's a white skill). Just be careful about giving it to characters that already are near their max "known skill" limit like Aegis or Kibako since it eats up a slot.

Beyond giving it to dps characters for more skill uses, Crook Mofus (Has a ton of passives and skills they can use, you may need to delete her melee skills for more room), and Arlocate Marius (Gal Trainer + Tactician buffs are expensive) are good options. I gave mine to Arlocate Marius and she still can't afford most of her skills at level 40 + Morurun 3.

Edit: Noticed the effects persist even after the skill is erased, whoops.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018
I've kinda cleared the main quest? Cleared Queen Kalar, but I'm sort of lost and not sure where to contionue.
I can see the Wiki has info about Magnum quest but right now all Magnum quest I have is the Malgrid dungeon, anyone know how to trigger the Magnum story?

Edit: From what I gathered on the wiki you'll need to collection 5 Black Braclets, but how?

Last edited:

_PLEASE_

Apr 10, 2019
so with sill gone pregnancy should have been back on the table
yea disappointing they didnt use this even in the later adaptations they barely made use of it in a fun way. so many creative ways to gamify something like that. these style of rance games dont hold a candle to sengoku rance in actual gameplay worth. Pity they resorted to korean grinder playstyles instead of expanding what sengoku did for the franchise

Reactions: Unsafe

VGStrife

Nov 1, 2017
I'm having trouble recruiting Noah Hakobune, can't seem to trigger the scene. Am I missing something other than getting 5 party members KO'd in one screen (and then transitioning 2 screens away)?

nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
I'm having trouble recruiting Noah Hakobune, can't seem to trigger the scene. Am I missing something other than getting 5 party members KO'd in one screen (and then transitioning 2 screens away)?
I am having the issue. According to the wiki the conditions in order to get her are:
"Have 5 or more characters KO'ed in the same area", then "switch to 2 different maps" and then "Complete the quest" to get her.
Or find a treasure chest with 30% chance to open and leave it alone and then switch map.
None of the above worked for me on Malgrid 1.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Lemon attack best attack.

I am having the issue. According to the wiki the conditions in order to get her are:
"Have 5 or more characters KO'ed in the same area", then "switch to 2 different maps" and then "Complete the quest" to get her.
Or find a treasure chest with 30% chance to open and leave it alone and then switch map.
None of the above worked for me on Malgrid 1.
Might just have to go into a deeper dungeon. Some girls have obscure requirements like needing to get further in the main story or acquiring other girls first (I think I got mine in Malgrid 4/5 or so). It can be stuff that's too difficult to notice. That or some clarification :

1: 5 KOs in a single room (Area might be misleading, do not leave the room until 5 die.), means you'll have to swap in new party members as the old ones die, then let some more die without leaving the room. You also can't revive the dead characters in the fight, so you'll be down at least 2-3 members each time. Good to have some strong party members mixed in with the weak ones to avoid wiping since swapped in allies will be too slow to act much. (A strong healer and mage/volley archer to finish enemies after 3 of your allies die).

2: Then you have to swap to other rooms, you'll get a scene with her before leaving that dungeon. If you didn't get a scene with her after swapping to other rooms, you might have messed up or not be eligible for her for some reason.

3: Complete the dungeon.

Last edited:
Reactions: nosiro

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Does anyone know of good places to level up characters mid game? I'm about to do the quest where Magic Ghandi joins, but I don't have enough high lvl characters and leveling up the chars that are lvl 15 to 30 by replaying lvl appropriate quests will take a lot, is there a better way? I was planning not to, but I'll end up activating TADA mode, and even then 20+ chars, some useless in battle, will take a while.

I did it on the first floor of the Malgrid dungeon, I think I was on the dead end on the right. Went into battle with high lvl rance and the rest really low level characters until they died, then other set of low level chars. Then left that zone and as I moved towards the quest goal, the scene played and she joined.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I'm working on Morurun'ing my final girls. The hardest part was that I wanted them all to have at least tier A special items before sexin them, taking forever to farm those... Only Emi, Kaoru, and Aten remain~

Edit: Finally done. Now I'll focus on just the girls I actually want to use lol. I have so many girls at Morurun 1 and level 35 that they're blocking the castle rooms for some girls, lol. I might have to bang them more just to be able to morurun the girls I want.

P.S: Just had my luckiest Malgrid farming run I think. Jewel + 3 S rank Special Item, +1 A rank Special Item. Nice.

Does anyone know of good places to level up characters mid game? I'm about to do the quest where Magic Ghandi joins, but I don't have enough high lvl characters and leveling up the chars that are lvl 15 to 30 by replaying lvl appropriate quests will take a lot, is there a better way? I was planning not to, but I'll end up activating TADA mode, and even then 20+ chars, some useless in battle, will take a while.
Cockroaches 1 is the first big leveling area and can be used till 35ish. You unlock it by having the castle and trying to visit it when it's closed for cleaning, then doing a rando mission or something (It's unclear what exactly unlocks it). If you don't have that available, just farm red stars in the highest Malgrid dungeon you can enter.

Make sure to level up Atago too, you'll be using her a lot if you're the type that likes leveling a bunch of girls. Her 1.2x exp bonus and dancer skill + speed ups special item focus means she can keep restoring your mage's attacks. Saves a lot of swaps and additional work needed.

After Cockroaches next step up I've found is Queen of the Monsters. It's a bit higher level cap, but the exp is tremendous. You do need a mage that's like Morurun 3-4 at least with high magic and speed boosts to attack quickly. You can get like 10k+ exp a fight there (About 7k average I think with Atago), there are like 5 red stars in the first room, then abandon the quest and restart. The hannies are a pain for that comp. Can always finish the dungeon if you manage to find a rare item or something though. The whole map is packed with red stars. This is also surprisingly good for money as you keep money you win from battles and each one if worth like 200-600+ gold. It adds up quickly when you're speed farming exp.

Last edited:
Reactions: JuanSinTierra

asaxxx

Dec 13, 2018
Does anyone know of good places to level up characters mid game?
Just farm the highest Malgrid Dungeon level you can handle using Rance as the mob sweeper and a guard to protect the weaker chars. Sadly most of the better grinding spot aren't available at your stage ( like the Queen of Monsters or Malgrid 6-7th).

Though before you go ham in grinding units, I highly recommend just try to find all the available characters(especially LIA and Uesugi Trio) you can find. It's because, to some degree, all your characters get a percentage exp. gain even when not in the party, so finding them early eliminates some degree of grinding in the future.

Edit : Tomato is also an Important character to find since she basically design for item grinding.

Reactions: JuanSinTierra

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
I'm probably missing something, but how do you get Urza? I can't seem to find her, and the wiki isn't being helpful either.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
so with sill gone pregnancy should have been back on the table
yea disappointing they didnt use this even in the later adaptations they barely made use of it in a fun way. so many creative ways to gamify something like that.
To be fair, pregnancy normally takes nine months. The Kalar are the exception (or at least the Kalar queen is). But for all the regular female characters, the timespan of the game is short enough that a lot of them could have gotten pregnant without anyone really noticing.

Also, the epilogue blurbs you get with the alternate ending (i.e. when you defeat Full Kalar and choose to bring Pastel to Sill) imply that Magic has gotten pregnant ("she has been craving pickles and icecream lately")

In fact, doesn't Rance X have a postgame scenario that follows Rance's children instead of Rance himself?

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes