EvilDave86

Dec 5, 2017
Why do people want to force "pregnancy" into every single game?
Honestly it's kind of a natural or normal element of life that can be added to create a new layer of storytelling to games. Agreed not everyone is into pregnancy, pregnancy art, or the actual risi in real life, but in games it's a taboo or fetish that a lot of people are into which is why its asked for requested as much as it is. The thing I've noticed in many games though is it's not highlighted as well as it should be and those that crave that escape are left wanting with content that doesn't really come close to what they were desiring in the game. Just something I've noticed.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I dunno, but you're right. Out of all the weird fetishes, it's the one I see people mention the most.

Honestly it's kind of a natural or normal element of life that can be added to create a new layer of storytelling to games. Agreed not everyone is into pregnancy, pregnancy art, or the actual risi in real life, but in games it's a taboo or fetish that a lot of people are into which is why its asked for requested as much as it is. The thing I've noticed in many games though is it's not highlighted as well as it should be and those that crave that escape are left wanting with content that doesn't really come close to what they were desiring in the game. Just something I've noticed.
Not a spoiler, just a bit of a rant, lol
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR: Pregnancy is hard to put in games. It's up there with NTR. What people seem to like so much about it also makes it far more difficult to add into games "properly" (that don't revolve pretty heavily around it anyways). Having babies, and going on grand adventures, are kind of like oil and water.

Last edited:

EvilDave86

Dec 5, 2017
I dunno, but you're right. Out of all the weird fetishes, it's the one I see people mention the most.

One of the issues with pregnancy is it's one of those kinks that isn't just a sex scene you can forget about. You usually need to add gameplay/story elements to allow it. It's a kink that has gameplay/story consequences. It's not easy to just throw into any game like most shit. A footjob is just a cg/sex scene that can be forgotten after its over, pregnancy needs consideration basically. What you're saying can add to story telling also means distracting from other content and possibly restricting the dev's options for how to continue things.

Talking about realism:

1: It takes 9 months to have a baby, most games don't last that long (Rance games seem to disregard most the grindy aspects as canon and just have key events pass time for example. I think the games usually take place over less than a few months.).

2: For a good chunk of that time and time afterward, there's a period where the mom can't fight.

3: It can end adventures. Normally when you have a child (Especially for women.), that's the end of what makes most games a game.

4: What happens afterwards? You just ignore the child created just for a pregnancy kink? Needing to tie it into a story and dialogue constantly can alter the story, possibly in a way that the dev doesn't want it to go. Wouldn't it be weirder to just never mention it? Rance games are about as casual about it as can be about it, thanks in part to having the luxury of the main character traveling around and not having to worry too much about the destruction and babies he leaves in his wake. He's also an asshole that doesn't mind leaving children around, it's a lot more difficult to explain if the MC isn't a massive dick, lol.

Only way I can really see it working in most games is at the end of a game (Which might not be the way the developer wants to take the game), or you just banging some random pregnant chick, which is kinda weird if you don't have a pregnancy kink, lol.

TLDR: Pregnancy is hard to put in games. It's up there with NTR. What people seem to like so much about it also makes it far more difficult to add into games "properly" (that don't revolve pretty heavily around it anyways). Having babies, and going grand adventures, are kind of like oil and water.
Don't get me wrong I fully understand what your saying fruitsmoothie and I get why some devs won't do it because it does take away from the story they are trying to tell and it can hurt the overall product. Surprisingly though I've seen some developers get way more supporters because they take that plunge and me personally I do like pregnancy content if it's done right...I dont need to see big bellies and huge swollen breasts I prefer the oh shit realization of an action and I prefer to control if an MC is gonna pull out or not I play both variations but say getting a game over due to a unplanned pregnancy is fun to cause it's like saying yeah dumbass that wasn't to bright. But I digress just saying it's a very popular niche even though it's difficult to implement in games and some devs hate it others embrace it. Ultimately it comes down to whether the narrative needs it as a plot device or not.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
Bring 3 characters from Zeth to Malgrid dungeon, walk around, change area etc, should trigger it.
That did the trick. Thanks!

To be fair, impregnation and childbirth actually are major plot points in this game.

I get what you're saying - pregnancy fetish isn't everyone's thing - but this is one of those games where it kinda makes sense to ask "well, what about pregnancy?".

I mean, Pastel should have been heavily pregnant in some scenes. But even in those scenes, she just has her normal sprite and she looks just as slim as she normally does.

On top of that, there's what Unsafe already brought up: pregnancy is normally not an issue in the Rance games because Rance has Sill apply contraceptive magic on him. This is not a major plot point, but it is mentioned in passing in a few games. But this magic needs to be reapplied every now and then - so the fact that Sill is now frozen in supernatural ice really should have implications here. (and in fact, they do)

EvilDave86 and FruitSmoothie do raise some good points, however. Pregnancy really is hard to do properly in most game formats. It only really works well in something more story-driven that's taking place over a longer timespan (unless you're involving supernatural shenanigans, but that's its own can of worms). That said; the Rance series does take place over the span of several years in-setting, and Rance canonically already has two children by the start of Rance Quest. And when _PLEASE_ brought up the thing about pregnancy as a game mechanic, s/he was also lamenting that Rance Quest is a grindy dungeon crawler instead of a hybrid strategy game like Sengoku Rance.

Games like Sengoku Rance and Kichikuou Rance really would lend themselves well to pregnancy mechanic. In fact, pregnancy and childbirth play a major role in one of Sengoku's routes. (pregnancy also shows up in Lia's happy end in Kichikuou Rance, but that's more of an epilogue than anything else)

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Given you can make custom characters (I never tried), maybe pregnancy would have been the nicer way to do this. Of course, that would blow the bounds of a game like this, but image a procedural character maker that takes Rance and *insert sexy lady* as inputs and produces some genetic mutation as output with either side being genetic dominant (there could be tricks/magic to influence this a little bit), or something.
I think that would fit nicely, and doesn't have to make sense a lot, because who cares: bam, here's your new daughter and she's already in best adventure loli age. And later, you can do her too. Ohhhhhhh

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Its literally an element of the story
I understand that it is an element of the story, but we both know that when people ask for it they aren't simply asking for a plot-driven reason.
They want to see the characters getting pregnant, growing their belly and having sex pregnant. We both know why it is requested and it is not for plot, lets not insult each other's intelligence by pretending it is.

I have no problem with the pregnancy being referenced and as an element of the story, but like other people said, it is a very long term process that doesn't work in this game as anything other than a mention or a reference. The time-frames just don't match.

On top of that, there's what Unsafe already brought up: pregnancy is normally not an issue in the Rance games because Rance has Sill apply contraceptive magic on him. This is not a major plot point, but it is mentioned in passing in a few games. But this magic needs to be reapplied every now and then - so the fact that Sill is now frozen in supernatural ice really should have implications here. (and in fact, they do)
I get your point, but I don't think it is as big an issue as you are making it out to be. Yes, Sil was the one who used to cast it on him, but only because he conveniently had her at hand. It is not some special or secret magic that only Sil could use as far as we know.

Especially with him having a homebase in Coppadon's place, he can probably get it cast on him whenever he wants just be asking her to have someone do it. It is no longer as convenient as simply turning around and asking your slave to do it for you, but it is hardly unattainable.

_PLEASE_

Apr 10, 2019

Not a spoiler, just a bit of a rant, lol

TLDR: Pregnancy is hard to put in games. It's up there with NTR. What people seem to like so much about it also makes it far more difficult to add into games "properly" (that don't revolve pretty heavily around it anyways). Having babies, and going on grand adventures, are kind of like oil and water.

its really not hard countless games do it and as far as world building goes you dont need to have them be relevant or even present for a story only really an issue if you are building vn type games but even then you can write around that. cringe worthy in that you are applying real life metrics to games also comparing ntr to pregnancy is a shit take

Reactions: Unsafe

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Here I compiled the Requirements for recruiting the characters I don't know If this will satisfy you guys but yeah Just quote me If there's still some missing characters

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
I'm probably missing something, but how do you get Urza? I can't seem to find her, and the wiki isn't being helpful either.
What errte13 said, but only works if you already recruited magic, not before that. The wiki has every character listed, but it's on a page marked for deletion because it's going to be merged with another, but it's been in this state for months apparently

Reactions: Lunarius

neosho

Aug 16, 2017
Found a link to a 100% Scene+CG save, but it doesn't seem to do anything about NG+ (or, in game terms, World 2+) so might be outdated once a link for a 100CG+Scene+World 2/3 start comes up.

How do you make it work? i extract it to savegame folder and nothing happens :(

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
What errte13 said, but only works if you already recruited magic, not before that. The wiki has every character listed, but it's on a page marked for deletion because it's going to be merged with another, but it's been in this state for months apparently

Somehow this doesnt work for me, i have multiple zeth chars tried it with different ones aswell, no luck getting Urza :cry:

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Somehow this doesnt work for me, i have multiple zeth chars tried it with different ones aswell, no luck getting Urza :cry:
I have no idea what's the condition then. Maybe Rance needs to be in the party, or maybe just Zeth characters and nobody else in the party. Try both including Magic in the party, and try to complete the Malgrid goal, if it's a low level one and you have Magic already it shouldn't be too hard even with limited characters.

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
The Force really must be strong this time of the year (or R'Lyeh is rising again).
Only today, I told my wife: "Got to check on that Rance translation, maybe they have finished it by now" (She just rolled her eyes ...), and then I find this thread! Capitally epic! Many thanks for sharing! :LOL:

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
I have no idea what's the condition then. Maybe Rance needs to be in the party, or maybe just Zeth characters and nobody else in the party. Try both including Magic in the party, and try to complete the Malgrid goal, if it's a low level one and you have Magic already it shouldn't be too hard even with limited characters.
Okay now it worked, dont know what happenend, i just did Malgrid 1 and she apeared.
Strange.

Tooski

Dec 16, 2016
how does the item absorbing system work? I know the girls end up absorbing the top items in their inventory when having sex but how does it actually work? I heard something about higher quality items will replace lower quality item's absorbed. I managed to find rance a +5 speed item as I heard later on he will absorb skills and well speed looks like it will be great for him considering the sheer number of attacks he has.

Also what's the limit of items that can be stored in the storage?z

Also how exactly does the skill fix work? does it allow you to keep the points you had in skills what being moru'd and sent back to level 1 (therefore gaining a tonne of skill points over the journey?) minus not getting skill points for the first 5 levels? I'm confused how it works - some more info would be appreciated.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
You can also take a party into Alice's Mansion and check what items are currently absorbed by them by adjusting their character data. Kind of time consuming, I wish it was easier, but oh well.

Good idea to do that before you morurun them to level 6 since that's when stuff might be overridden. Wouldn't want something good to be overridden over some random junk just because it's the same rarity. You can swap an old absorbed item with an item that's currently equipped whenever you like (I was mistaken about this previously, glad I noticed this.).

Rance also absorbs items by battling enough in a dungeon and changing screens. If you're constantly swapping him out, he may never absorb items. It's not random, I think he needs to fight a certain amount of battles. You can force him to absorb items basically. Just get him to fight a shit ton while swapping back and forth between screens when he has an item you want him to absorb on.

Recommendations for stat ups:

Also: Don't overlook the Fast Pass accessory, it's OP. Compare the stats it gives to what other accessories give. It's 3-4x what a special item gives in speed. Most accessories give only about 1x the total stat bonuses that a special item gives. Most fights only last a turn. Really good for mages in particular. If you put that on mages, you can afford to give them more magic special equip absorption. The only place it might hurt is against bosses.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcportable

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Wow this one quest, with a certain female character... :cry: :eek:
That got me good...ffs.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes