N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Just wanna ask Is there a way to escape from Kaito? The wiki says that you can either flee or lose the fight
There are several fights with Kaito, but the one you're supposed to lose is at the end of quest #192. It's really quite a thing to win that fight, so defeat is the most likely outcome anyways, and you'll immediately get a scene with Carolie Mate to let you know that losing was ok. If you don't want to watch your party get pummeled into submission, you can just click the "Give Up" button to end the fight too.

Self-deception on the fanboys part. They'd like to think Rance (and by extent themselves) exist on some kind of moral high ground.
Not exactly a rigorous approach to theory of mind to just assume whatever out of the blue. Odds are whoever made the tags liked the series and didn't want contentious tags associated with it; good will that turns into a banal "evil". No need to ascribe malicious intent when it's most likely just fans letting their veneration show.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yes, you can escape, but you need to have someone in party with the blue escape skill equipped. (In that quest it can only be Rance and changes are not per se good). To win that fight, make sure Crook has enough full revive equipped and a heal skill on second row , also use Rocky as guard from second row.
I can't escape from him tho the escape meter % isn't rising so yeah i just let him ko alexander xD also is there a stats or items,equipment that lets you escape 100%? or is it related to your stats?

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
There are several fights with Kaito, but the one you're supposed to lose is at the end of quest #192. It's really quite a thing to win that fight, so defeat is the most likely outcome anyways, and you'll immediately get a scene with Carolie Mate to let you know that losing was ok. If you don't want to watch your party get pummeled into submission, you can just click the "Give Up" button to end the fight too.

Not exactly a rigorous approach to theory of mind to just assume whatever out of the blue. Odds are whoever made the tags liked the series and didn't want contentious tags associated with it; good will that turns into a banal "evil". No need to ascribe malicious intent when it's most likely just fans letting their veneration show.
Nah I just want to flee and get Calorie Mate man I'm trying to complete my character collection that's why I'm asking xD

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Nah I just want to flee and get Calorie Mate man I'm trying to complete my character collection that's why I'm asking xD
Heh, you can get her quick and easy if you just click the red "Give Up" button at your first turn in the fight. It counts as losing and the scene with Carolie (weird spelling, right?) will start.
As far as buffing your Escape skill goes, I don't think there's anything you can do to improve Rance's ability to escape. I guess you could make a custom male ranger and give him "Escape Skills" for that mission, but that's a bit overkill when you just need to lose the fight to get Carolie.

Last edited:
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Heh, you can get her quick and easy if you just click the red "Give Up" button at your first turn in the fight. It counts as losing and the scene with Carolie (weird spelling, right?) will start.
As far as buffing your Escape skill goes, I don't think there's anything you can do to improve Rance's ability to escape. I guess you could make a custom male ranger and give him "Escape Skills" for that mission, but that's a bit overkill when you just need to lose the fight to get Carolie.
Correct, losing is easy enough and fast as well though if only have Rance and Crook in party. As far as I know there are no items or skills to increases Rance escape skills, rangers can upgrade that skill though and especially Crane can become very good at it.

Winning the fight is not that hard either if wanna do that at least once even if not needed I thought to get that japanese guard that is one of those three sisters.

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Winning the fight is not that hard either if wanna do that at least once even if not needed I thought to get that japanese guard that is one of those three sisters.
I think the mission that allows you to recruit Teru (the senior of the three, maid-dress wearing, blueish-haired weirdos) is #71, while the intended loss fight with Kaito was #192 aka Green Village. Still, I'm honestly impressed that you beat him with a male cast in the latter mission. None of my male characters would be high level enough to actually give me a fighting chance.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think the mission that allows you to recruit Teru (the senior of the three, maid-dress wearing, blueish-haired weirdos) is #71, while the intended loss fight with Kaito was #192 aka Green Village. Still, I'm honestly impressed that you beat him with a male cast in the latter mission. None of my male characters would be high level enough to actually give me a fighting chance.
The trick is rocky and crook on second line. Crook with a few full revives up her sleeve and having reasonable speed (Buddha, tree armor and that resist ring with +5 speed all help and if no tree armor yet those +10 speed mages armors) so she acts before front line is decimated and rocky with shield deflection and initial guard yellow skills active. Bernard, just do train strikes preferably unless his accuracy is insane high. Alexander is mainly damage absorption.

It is in a way good training for fighting the Hanny King in world 2 when he takes Masuzoe's part, just that fight you do not survive with just one healer. :) (The girls from Hanny quest if they have that barrier might help though, never tried them, I just went healer heavy.)

Last edited:

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
The trick is rocky and crook on second line. Crook with a few full revives up her sleeve and having reasonable speed (Buddha, tree armor and that resist ring with +5 speed all help and if no tree armor yet those +10 speed mages armors) so she acts before front line is decimated and rocky with shield deflection and initial guard yellow skills active. Bernard, just do train strikes preferably unless his accuracy is insane high. Alexander is mainly damage absorption.

It is in a way good training for fighting the Hanny King in world 2 when he takes Masuzoe's part, just that fight you do not survive with just one healer. :) (The girls from Hanny quest if they have that barrier might help though, never tried them, I just went healer heavy.)
Same for the Hanny King for me. In world 3, I had to go through all my healers to make it, while the poison slowly ticked him down.
Kaito in world 3, however, is a different beast. Gave it another try today with Rocky at level 90, with max Guard, max Deflection and Persevere. To keep it short, Crook ran out of spells before I got the demon down to half health. Neither Bear (192 Accuracy) nor Rick Addison (150 Acc) were able to land hits most of the time, and my Rance barely did 7k damage with Melee 5 attacks when they managed to connect. Sure is a rough fight. If I had to guess, I'd say you need at least 10+ Recovery Rains on Crook to have a chance, even if you manage to hit more often than my frontliners managed to.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Same for the Hanny King for me. In world 3, I had to go through all my healers to make it, while the poison slowly ticked him down.
Kaito in world 3, however, is a different beast. Gave it another try today with Rocky at level 90, with max Guard, max Deflection and Persevere. To keep it short, Crook ran out of spells before I got the demon down to half health. Neither Bear (192 Accuracy) nor Rick Addison (150 Acc) were able to land hits most of the time, and my Rance barely did 7k damage with Melee 5 attacks when they managed to connect. Sure is a rough fight. If I had to guess, I'd say you need at least 10+ Recovery Rains on Crook to have a chance, even if you manage to hit more often than my frontliners managed to.
And preferably as many full revives. In world three you should be able to get Rick Addison before though, he starts at level 100 and you can raise him up fast with Moruruns, so gets all the items absorbed and the 20% increase. He will hit Kaito way better as bear or alexander, who are mainly damage absorbers with train slashes(Just replace his sword, it is too low level for the special attack to really make it worth the cost). Also I assume you gave Rocky the full physical resistance white skill at level 60 and only use the ally skill to built it up as high as possible.

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
And preferably as many full revives. In world three you should be able to get Rick Addison before though, he starts at level 100 and you can raise him up fast with Moruruns, so gets all the items absorbed and the 20% increase. He will hit Kaito way better as bear or alexander, who are mainly damage absorbers with train slashes(Just replace his sword, it is too low level for the special attack to really make it worth the cost). Also I assume you gave Rocky the full physical resistance white skill at level 60 and only use the ally skill to built it up as high as possible.
Haven't bothered to morurun Rick yet, but that's a really good idea. Shoulda thought of it myself, tbh. :unsure: Not sure if you know, but Train Slashes are still subject to your character's accuracy; meaning they can miss just like any other attack (only meaningful difference seems to be the lack of the accuracy penalty you'd get with Melee attack 3 onwards). Also, like I said, my Bear has 192 accuracy and still can't hit Kaito reliably in world 3. Safe to say I have no high hopes that a fully morurun'd Rick will do any better. :LOL:
As far as Rocky goes, yea, he's got his Tolerances max'd out, 82 Evasion and is generally just focussed on tanking without getting stunned too easily. In other words, all of his skill points are spent on survivability, with nothing left to give him more "Ally Guard" moves, so for now he's stuck with 3 in those, and 3 in Defensive Stance, which also buffs his defenses. He's no MVP but he does his job as is well enough, as in keeping everyone else alive to deal damage. I'd bet with his occasional deflections, he'd likely survive the whole fight if I don't run out of heals.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Haven't bothered to morurun Rick yet, but that's a really good idea. Shoulda thought of it myself, tbh. :unsure: Not sure if you know, but Train Slashes are still subject to your character's accuracy; meaning they can miss just like any other attack (only meaningful difference seems to be the lack of the accuracy penalty you'd get with Melee attack 3 onwards). Also, like I said, my Bear has 192 accuracy and still can't hit Kaito reliably in world 3. Safe to say I have no high hopes that a fully morurun'd Rick will do any better. :LOL:
As far as Rocky goes, yea, he's got his Tolerances max'd out, 82 Evasion and is generally just focussed on tanking without getting stunned too easily. In other words, all of his skill points are spent on survivability, with nothing left to give him more "Ally Guard" moves, so for now he's stuck with 3 in those, and 3 in Defensive Stance, which also buffs his defenses. He's no MVP but he does his job as is well enough, as in keeping everyone else alive to deal damage. I'd bet with his occasional deflections, he'd likely survive the whole fight if I don't run out of heals.
Well I do not know why, but train slashes seem to hit way more often as the single attack and my Rick hit over 80% of time. Now if give him persiom for that quest he has high hp, attack and no penalties from sword on accuraciy. if donated it a few times even bonusses likely. :p

Also a full revive helps more at right time as healings and rick at level 100 or even over will take quite a bit more damage as bear or alexander, way more hardy. For rocky to help him a resillience item is best, the higher his resillience the less he will be stunned. :)

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Well I do not know why, but train slashes seem to hit way more often as the single attack and my Rick hit over 80% of time. Now if give him persiom for that quest he has high hp, attack and no penalties from sword on accuraciy. if donated it a few times even bonusses likely. :p

Also a full revive helps more at right time as healings and rick at level 100 or even over will take quite a bit more damage as bear or alexander, way more hardy. For rocky to help him a resillience item is best, the higher his resillience the less he will be stunned. :)
Both great ideas. Haven't even considered to give him Persiom for that fight. Brings me to something I'm curious about as well: In my case, my Persiom came with Talent R right off the bat, so I never upgraded it. At 5000%, it gives 2022 attack now, and I wonder if and how much it would actually improve if I tried to donate it a couple of times, and if there's a chance to lose the Talent R. Fwiw, it's among the highest attack items I got (the best swords I find atm are at most around 1.5k base damage)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Both great ideas. Haven't even considered to give him Persiom for that fight. Brings me to something I'm curious about as well: In my case, my Persiom came with Talent R right off the bat, so I never upgraded it. At 5000%, it gives 2022 attack now, and I wonder if and how much it would actually improve if I tried to donate it a couple of times, and if there's a chance to lose the Talent R. Fwiw, it's among the highest attack items I got (the best swords I find atm are at most around 1.5k base damage)
You can get a few 100 extra attack, I suspect at most 500 with a lucky RNG draw, but you can get a few other bonusses like accuracy as well. You never lose Talent up if it is on one of the special weapons from start like Buddha, Persiom and that short sword that always hits twice(It will always drop with talent R) , just like every unique weapon seems to drop with body boost 10% after donation in world 2 and 3. Only thing is the talentR will be 0% again so you will have to rebuild it. My Persiom is about 2350 attack, that together with the body boost means it has even more attack as Chaos on Rance, though less crit and since also has accuracy bonus bit better hit chance.

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
You can get a few 100 extra attack, I suspect at most 500 with a lucky RNG draw, but you can get a few other bonusses like accuracy as well. You never lose Talent up if it is on one of the special weapons from start like Buddha, Persiom and that short sword that always hits twice(It will always drop with talent R) , just like every unique weapon seems to drop with body boost 10% after donation in world 2 and 3. Only thing is the talentR will be 0% again so you will have to rebuild it. My Persiom is about 2350 attack, that together with the body boost means it has even more attack as Chaos on Rance, though less crit and since also has accuracy bonus bit better hit chance.
Good to know. Fwiw, my Persiom has +20 Accuracy, 10% Boost and +2.5k Health, which, as we're comparing notes, starts to sound like that's essentially in the ballpark of the standard traits you get with it. Main reason I'm curious is because I've been playing around with the Decapitation Blade by donating it over and over again until it respawned with the Talent trait. 1 in 10 tries, maybe, so it seemed possible that more of the rare items could get (and lose!) the Talent trait just by sheer luck of the draw. Didn't want to push my luck to get TalentR for it - would've been even more frustrating to hunt for dangos if I could lose the TalentR on the Persiom, at least you can get the Decap out of chests. :D
Surprised to hear it beats Chaos for you tho. Maxxed out, I get 3k on that one (I assume that too is standard), which translates to roughly 14k damage on Rance for me, while the Persiom with its 10% Boost only gets me 12k on Kenshin.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Good to know. Fwiw, my Persiom has +20 Accuracy, 10% Boost and +2.5k Health, which, as we're comparing notes, starts to sound like that's essentially in the ballpark of the standard traits you get with it. Main reason I'm curious is because I've been playing around with the Decapitation Blade by donating it over and over again until it respawned with the Talent trait. 1 in 10 tries, maybe, so it seemed possible that more of the rare items could get (and lose!) the Talent trait just by sheer luck of the draw. Didn't want to push my luck to get TalentR for it - would've been even more frustrating to hunt for dangos if I could lose the TalentR on the Persiom, at least you can get the Decap out of chests. :D
Surprised to hear it beats Chaos for you tho. Maxxed out, I get 3k on that one (I assume that too is standard), which translates to roughly 14k damage on Rance for me, while the Persiom with its 10% Boost only gets me 12k on Kenshin.
Well my rance is lvl 232 and way higher as Kenshin with both attack boosts fully used, so the 650 difference in attack between chaos(that cant be donated and found again better) and my Persiom is easily made up by the extra attack the 10% body boost (that is also standard on Persiom together with the HP) gives on Rance, just the crit makes chaos still very strong on Rance. I have done 50K hits with him using Chaos. Some fights where you might want rance to have extra HP it is well worth to switch Persiom for Rance or give it to Rick for that Kaito quest.

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Well my rance is lvl 232 and way higher as Kenshin with both attack boosts fully used, so the 650 difference in attack between chaos(that cant be donated and found again better) and my Persiom is easily made up by the extra attack the 10% body boost (that is also standard on Persiom together with the HP) gives on Rance, just the crit makes chaos still very strong on Rance. I have done 50K hits with him using Chaos. Some fights where you might want rance to have extra HP it is well worth to switch Persiom for Rance or give it to Rick for that Kaito quest.
Finally managed to beat the guy. Turns out the trick was to boost Rance's resilience to 100, to prevent stuns entirely and thus to make sure he gets to deal damage every turn. 10 Recovery Rains and 8 Full Revives on Crook, with Rick and Bernard on the frontline. Interestingly enough, brawlers can't touch Kaito (at least in world 3). All of their attacks get evaded: in one try, I had Bear with 200 accuracy try 15 times without managing to land a single hit. Should be impossible to miss all of those attacks with max accuracy unless it's specifically coded to be highly improbable or outright not doable (maybe so you can't debuff Kaito with Soft Spot or Armor Strike). Fun challenge with the B team you have to use, tho it would've been nice if there was some reward or a change in the storyline for it.

Reactions: DA22

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Finally managed to beat the guy. Turns out the trick was to boost Rance's resilience to 100, to prevent stuns entirely and thus to make sure he gets to deal damage every turn. 10 Recovery Rains and 8 Full Revives on Crook, with Rick and Bernard on the frontline. Interestingly enough, brawlers can't touch Kaito (at least in world 3). All of their attacks get evaded: in one try, I had Bear with 200 accuracy try 15 times without managing to land a single hit. Should be impossible to miss all of those attacks with max accuracy unless it's specifically coded to be highly improbable or outright not doable (maybe so you can't debuff Kaito with Soft Spot or Armor Strike). Fun challenge with the B team you have to use, tho it would've been nice if there was some reward or a change in the storyline for it.
Just want to ask How did you unlock 177 Tower Of Babel? What quest did you finished to unlock it?

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Just want to ask How did you unlock 177 Tower Of Babel? What quest did you finished to unlock it?
Worked the way the wiki describes it for me. #176 and #198. Before that, I remember Shepherds' Base, Pencilcrow Conference and Truth of the Goddess being mandatory.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Worked the way the wiki describes it for me. #176 and #198. Before that, I remember Shepherds' Base, Pencilcrow Conference and Truth of the Goddess being mandatory.
Lol The wiki's isn't clear on everything it doesn't tell you what quest number you have to do to unlock it

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Apparently It's right after you finished the Mula Test and Met with Crook then the Pencilcow Conference but thanks anyways xD And PencilCow Isn't mandatory It's needed to unlock Am's Experiment 197 and 198 then the 177 Tower Of Babel

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 10 Votes