Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
You need to have an event with Crane in Malgrid when change an area if I remember right. That event can only happen after you finish the quest before Shepherds base though.
Yeah I've unlocked it I forgot to do quest 200 xD where Alice killed Crook

A question Do rare weapons always appear in world 2 and 3? I got a Killfig in World 1 and Is it confirmed that If i donated the Hideo Sword It will come back with a better stats? Or Is it just a random drop? I got another one as a reward for the Magnum Quest

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I've unlocked it I forgot to do quest 200 xD where Alice killed Crook

A question Do rare weapons always appear in world 2 and 3? I got a Killfig in World 1 and Is it confirmed that If i donated the Hideo Sword It will come back with a better stats? Or Is it just a random drop? I got another one as a reward for the Magnum Quest
Hideo and Kilfig are regular drops (if rare weapons) and their level is determined by RNG and not donations. Donations only work to upgrade the unique items like Buddha and Lia's whip.

Reactions: N1ckFury

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Hideo and Kilfig are regular drops (if rare weapons) and their level is determined by RNG and not donations. Donations only work to upgrade the unique items like Buddha and Lia's whip.
How about the Poison dango? I was planning to donate it but decided not to because it might not come back xD

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Not sure that's the right dungeon event. The one that triggers the "Her reason to live" quest is a talk with Rance in the dungeon. Easiest way to check if you really got the right event is to turn on the data log and then check if you have her first dungeon event cleared or not.
That event happened even earlier than the 4 witchs conversation, which mean i already got the conditions. But now i check the log, none of the events are done. I tried to walk her in dungeon again but cant trigger any event anymore.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Anyway to get fast exp, game too grindy for me...

Currently level 20
Some quests give way better experience and so do the later worlds, but those only appear later in the game. Basically except for very start where you need to grind some you can get enough exp to become strong enough to get through the content, but if you want more there is a cheatfile for cheatengine on fearless that can help you, though overall more skill points helps more as more exp overall. :p

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Kou's weapon is an unique weapon, so donating it should work.
But It's not listed on the Rare equipment list? How come? Also Do you know where i can grind for more Listening radio thing that boost your exp so you can level up faster?

Last edited:

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
That event happened even earlier than the 4 witchs conversation, which mean i already got the conditions. But now i check the log, none of the events are done. I tried to walk her in dungeon again but cant trigger any event anymore.
That happens to me too at times, i.e. I run through a dungeon with a character that has a pending event and nothing happens. After 2-3 runs through a quick mission like Malgrid 1-6, it suddenly pops up after all. Apparently, there is just some rng with getting the event and you sometimes have to keep trying to trigger it.
Btw, I don't recall that 4 witches conversation having any relation to Ran's little storyline. Not even sure what you're talking about, I guess the dungeon event that allows you to recruit Shizuka? What makes you so convinced that they are connected? Let me just put it straight, Ran's dungeon scene is an isolated event without pre-conditions other than having her in the active party, and having recruited Mill, Maria and Shizuka. In world 1, you need nothing else. If you got the 3 girls, and Ran in your party, it should trigger sooner or later.
Edit: Rewrote it a bit to be less confusing.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That happens to me too at times, i.e. I run through a dungeon with a character that has a pending event and nothing happens. After 2-3 runs through a quick mission like Malgrid 1-6, it suddenly pops up after all. Apparently, there is just some rng with getting the event and you sometimes have to keep trying to trigger it.
Btw, I don't recall that 4 witches conversation having any relation to Ran's little storyline. Not even sure what you're talking about, I guess the dungeon event that allows you to recruit Shizuka? What makes you so convinced that they are connected? Let me just put it straight, Ran's dungeon scene is an isolated event without pre-conditions other than having her in the active party, and having recruited Mill, Maria and Shizuka. In world 1, you need nothing else. If you got the 3 girls, and Ran in your party, it should trigger sooner or later.
Edit: Rewrote it a bit to be less confusing.
Well it may be that you bring Ran to malgrid, some of those events only happen if you bring them to Malgrid. If I remember that scene with the 3 witches is related, but not sure if you needed that to open the malgrid event or that it was during or before that first morurun scene with Ran, it is where you learn she is unhappy and has no goals so Rance decides to make her hate him and want her to protect the others from him, through that dungeon scene.

Poison dango is listed under the unique A item list in the wiki like lia's whip, crane's puncher and Shizuma's scepter for example. When donated those can fall from either a red star or a chest, though they have priorities if have donated more than one and not found back yet. The unique items in list B can only be found through defeating treasure dango's after you have donated them.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Well it may be that you bring Ran to malgrid, some of those events only happen if you bring them to Malgrid. If I remember that scene with the 3 witches is related, but not sure if you needed that to open the malgrid event or that it was during or before that first morurun scene with Ran, it is where you learn she is unhappy and has no goals so Rance decides to make her hate him and want her to protect the others from him, through that dungeon scene.

Poison dango is listed under the unique A item list in the wiki like lia's whip, crane's puncher and Shizuma's scepter for example. When donated those can fall from either a red star or a chest, though they have priorities if have donated more than one and not found back yet. The unique items in list B can only be found through defeating treasure dango's after you have donated them.
Where can you encounter those Treasure Dango's? I encountered them one time and they dropped Comet on me It was on 176 Oh i see is there a list for the Unique items list in B? I haven't seen it on the trivia? Guess I'll check again how about the learning device and hanny goods? Any quest where i can find them?

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
No doubt there is a story connection with the witches, but if we're strictly talking about the process of getting the "Her Reason To Live" quest, I suppose it makes sense to just focus on the mandatory steps. As far as I understand it after playing through the game 3 times now, all you need is that dungeon event where, as you said, Rance learns about Ran's sadness. How to get that event is just 1.) Ran in the active party, 2.) Mill, Maria and Shizuka recruited and 3.) Lion Mind done (given in world 1 since it's not all that likely that anyone deliberately avoids the relatively easy Lion Mind [15 difficulty] while unlocking Malgrid 4 [33 difficulty] for Maria on their first run.)
Btw, I don't think the generic dungeon events (those that are listed in the data log by that name) require you to be in Malgrid to trigger. For one, I had plenty of those events trigger on story-related missions, and secondly, the few dungeon events that are conditional (like Tilde needing to be close to Kenshin's level to trigger one of the former's events) are identified as such in the data log if you turn on spoilers. In other words, with spoilers turned on, the data log would tell you if Ran's event had special conditions, which it doesn't.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No doubt there is a story connection with the witches, but if we're strictly talking about the process of getting the "Her Reason To Live" quest, I suppose it makes sense to just focus on the mandatory steps. As far as I understand it after playing through the game 3 times now, all you need is that dungeon event where, as you said, Rance learns about Ran's sadness. How to get that event is just 1.) Ran in the active party, 2.) Mill, Maria and Shizuka recruited and 3.) Lion Mind done (given in world 1 since it's not all that likely that anyone deliberately avoids the relatively easy Lion Mind [15 difficulty] while unlocking Malgrid 4 [33 difficulty] for Maria on their first run.)
Btw, I don't think the generic dungeon events (those that are listed in the data log by that name) require you to be in Malgrid to trigger. For one, I had plenty of those events trigger on story-related missions, and secondly, the few dungeon events that are conditional (like Tilde needing to be close to Kenshin's level to trigger one of the former's events) are identified as such in the data log if you turn on spoilers. In other words, with spoilers turned on, the data log would tell you if Ran's event had special conditions, which it doesn't.
You may well be right. but in my playthrough I noticed that some of those events would only trigger in Malgrid quests, while most others would trigger on any quests. This could be another one or he just never took Ran along on a map quest where you change maps or the ones he did had some events that always trigger and have precedence. :p

Just I noticed that if a certain event of that kind refused to occur, most of times a few runs in Malgrid 4-6 would do the trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: N1ckFury

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Where can you encounter those Treasure Dango's? I encountered them one time and they dropped Comet on me It was on 176 Oh i see is there a list for the Unique items list in B? I haven't seen it on the trivia? Guess I'll check again how about the learning device and hanny goods? Any quest where i can find them?
You can find those treasure dango's anywhere, but chances go up with more donations and in later quests, they are still pretty or even incredibly rare though even if over 2800 donations.

Learning devices can be a reward from magnum bonus or drops from anywhere, magnum bonus is how I got most. Just like hanny zippo which is also a very rare drop that can happen anywhere they are really pretty rare though, even rarer as treasure dango's appearing on high donations. :) The hanny resist item is a one time only item I think, at least I never saw a second one.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
You can find those treasure dango's anywhere, but chances go up with more donations and in later quests, they are still pretty or even incredibly rare though even if over 2800 donations.

Learning devices can be a reward from magnum bonus or drops from anywhere, magnum bonus is how I got most. Just like hanny zippo which is also a very rare drop that can happen anywhere they are really pretty rare though, even rarer as treasure dango's appearing on high donations. :) The hanny resist item is a one time only item I think, at least I never saw a second one.
Oh I see so that's why by the way What's the limit of the donation then? Just curious also do the effects of the donation like Chances for a lucky can can carry over to other worlds?

What about the Strong ropes then? I only managed to find one also for some reason i can't catch the valkyrie with the strong rope even though her hp is low

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh I see so that's why by the way What's the limit of the donation then? Just curious also do the effects of the donation like Chances for a lucky can can carry over to other worlds?

What about the Strong ropes then? I only managed to find one also for some reason i can't catch the valkyrie with the strong rope even though her hp is low
I think they do not carry over and no idea if there is a limit to donations. Have not grinded enough for that. Took some pause from the game myself. Might well do a fresh reset if start playing again.

Strong rope is also a one time item, I would put it on a spear user with high accuracy like Tomato and first try to stun valkyrie with a numb slash or other way before using catch on her.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
I think they do not carry over and no idea if there is a limit to donations. Have not grinded enough for that. Took some pause from the game myself. Might well do a fresh reset if start playing again.

Strong rope is also a one time item, I would put it on a spear user with high accuracy like Tomato and first try to stun valkyrie with a numb slash or other way before using catch on her.
Oh I did a new game again because I missed some rumors on the Malgrid xD But I still have my backup save
What do you mean One time item? You mean you can only find it again after you use it 8 times? Well I tried to capture it but it said Capture Failure I don't know why it gives that

N1ckFury

Sep 23, 2019
Oh I did a new game again because I missed some rumors on the Malgrid xD But I still have my backup save
What do you mean One time item? You mean you can only find it again after you use it 8 times? Well I tried to capture it but it said Capture Failure I don't know why it gives that
Some items can only be owned once. The game simply checks if you have it in your vault and won't allow another one to be generated.
For catching Valkyries, I found Noir with her 75% capture chance skill to be the best choice. She'll succeed most of the time, as long as you manage to lower the Valkyries hp low enough.

Reactions: DA22

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Some items can only be owned once. The game simply checks if you have it in your vault and won't allow another one to be generated.
For catching Valkyries, I found Noir with her 75% capture chance skill to be the best choice. She'll succeed most of the time, as long as you manage to lower the Valkyries hp low enough.
So the strong rope won't be found again? Or Can it be bought in the store? You mean use the Mercy Attack right?

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes