anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
Thanks dude , can you explain with some screenshot about the new graphical changes ? Comparing with previous patch 1.05 ?
Settings.png
Its this setting. The games native resolution is 800x600 so if you play in fullscreen the pictures and text are slightly blurred. With this new filter everything is a lot clearer. Its a subtle effect but makes a big difference.

Last edited:

friede

Oct 4, 2019
v1.07 patch for Sengoku Rance is attached below.

This patch fixes a number of issues including:
  • Many many typos fixed.
  • You can now use the SuperXBR Upscaling Filter to drastically improve visuals when enlarging the screen.
  • Linear Filter mode now uses gamma-correct upscaling. This prevents bright, thin lines from becoming overly dark when being enlarged.
  • In an attempt to address crashes in music playback, the SACT Engine was updated to the Beat Blades Haruka version.
  • Some people were experiencing start-time crashes due to the "Perform Noise Reduction" option being turned on, so it is now forced off.
:eek: If Mangagamer worked half as quickly as you guys we would have had all the Rance series translated years ago.
Unfortunately for them you would have released them here just as quickly. :p

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
Actually mangagamer works very quick and will have the complete works completed in no time, It's just bad marketing to release the games too quickly. Rance quest is already done but since sengoku hasn't been out that long they won't release it this soon.

Reactions: DaoDinhKien

Goliath VN

Sep 29, 2019
Actually mangagamer works very quick and will have the complete works completed in no time, It's just bad marketing to release the games too quickly. Rance quest is already done but since sengoku hasn't been out that long they won't release it this soon.
Are you being serious dude ?

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
ok sengoku rance is driving me up a wall, was having a blast until i started crushing the tenshiism jag-offs but then i arrive at their final castle and they become invinciple. the turn limit runs out everytime before i can push it over the mid-line and they re-coup their loses instantly upon ending my turn, what am i supposed to do?

Reactions: GaRbS

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
The Tenshi sect has rather weak units. So just use a few hard hitting ones, and you should be able to get rid of most of them. Characters like Natori help a lot. And use Urza as well if you have recruited her. If you have access to the assassinate skill, that can help you a lot as well. Not only does it take away an enemy unit, it also means that they will have fewer turns to take. Win-win.

Don't forget that you can increase the unit size of your own team as well, and that makes a lot of difference. I don't have access to my save file, but I suspect that my Rance had at least 800 men in his unit. Bear in mind that two (equal) units with say 750 men are stronger than 1 unit of 1500 men.

Don't bother healing in battle. You should set up one unit like Shibata solely for defence. You don't want your attacking units weakened by taking heavy damage from those Tenshi guys, as it makes them ineffective in battle, and just waste time. Also if you have gotten artifacts from dungeon searches, you may want to use those, to increase the effectiveness of your units.

Reactions: GaRbS and r136a1

Goliath VN

Sep 29, 2019
Another very good Sengoku Rance's clone is coming boys
VBFcg01.jpg

I like the Maid of MC "Loki" , the kind of "teacher + mother" relationships made me thinking about Yuuji and his guardian Asako in Grisaia series . Truly worth to be compared with Sengoku Rance ( you guys can play the Trial version 18+ to see the similarities in gameplay and war-drama story wise )
VBFch-vis12.jpg

The Devoted Maid
Fena
CV:Kanan
A talented maid who serves Loki.
While she is his maid, she is also like a mentor to Loki, and teaches him studies, etiquette, as well as basic magic and general education.
She is the only one who sometimes calls him 「Young Master」.
Because she has been by his side for many years, she complains and chastises him a lot, and the amount of sighing she does only increases by the day. However, that is only because she loves him dearly. In public, she acts like a perfect maid towards Loki.
「I am Master Loki's maid, Fena. If you have business with him, please do let me know」

I hope some staffs of F95Zone can upload this International version soon when its released (no censoring + Kickstarter Extra Contents when compare with JP ver woooo ^^)

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
ok sengoku rance is driving me up a wall, was having a blast until i started crushing the tenshiism jag-offs but then i arrive at their final castle and they become invinciple. the turn limit runs out everytime before i can push it over the mid-line and they re-coup their loses instantly upon ending my turn, what am i supposed to do?
I am currently on my 4th ng+playthrough if you are still having issues here is what i have learned so far

get ashigaru, dont increase your troop count(except maybe some ashigaru) before you fight tenshi as you will lose 30% of em to an event anyway and the amount you get from battles should sustain you.

you can get a strong rance if you get rance attack on the first satisfaction bonus then the next step will require some cheese as you gotta get the speed textbook from the random drops on turn 6 and 16(there are random texbook drops every 10 turns after 6) and then levy the rest till all his stats are 6 then you use the "make troops elite" to increase all the stats over 6(which normally need advanced textbooks)

usuegi is VERY easy to beat once you figure out that any time she is spotted with scout you can just send in rance solo to get a free win, this combined with kenshin being strong af means they should be an early-ish target for you.

Dont invest in ninjas except for suzumi(and in ng+ gekkou) dont lose hope and ragequit when demon army shreds you when they spawn they will lose momentum very fast.

Stats matter more than unit sizes especially later in the game. after 1000 units the sizes start mattering less i read that its value is something like sub 500 units=1.0 more than 500=0.75 and more than 1000=0.25 per unit and empirically id say it seems reasonable.

only get 2 mikos at most they are hella expensive, i usually run natori and someone else(make sure they have the aoe heal) to save some money when fighting easier battles by sending out some fairly expensive units that are damaged and having a meatwall protect em, usually 1 good ashigaru+1 diviner is enough, just dont get too greedy and think you can do it in the final castle battles.

natori will pretty much give you half the bar when her mikostorm2 goes off, i suggest starting the fight with that. get a diviner if noone in your prison has guard all shikigami then throw some items on em till they are at 7 and get the guard all skill. honestly just natori and a guard all shikigami diviner + some generic generic and whatever samurai(dont recommend getting generic samurai though just stick with ashigaru for generics) will get you through most of the game, suzumi is a great unit for interrupting spells such as the one the tenshi leader will do that shreds hp but sometimes more importantly it gives him ALOT of the bar that decides if you win.

later in the game there are some strategists like urza that can get advantage down 2 that will pretty much win you any fight where you arent getting wiped

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
any veteran that can tell me how to get the takeda bonus? i survived the blitz and ass-ass-inate event but they are never spawning in enemy armies i have been waiting for like 40 turns now but not a single commander to be seen

thanks, ill give your strat a try
oh yeah you might wanna check out has ALOT of tips that are probably way better than what i empirically feel is good

Reactions: *inhales*Boi

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
any veteran that can tell me how to get the takeda bonus? i survived the blitz and ass-ass-inate event but they are never spawning in enemy armies i have been waiting for like 40 turns now but not a single commander to be seen.
You not only have to beat the blitz and then assassinate Shingen (only possible in NG+), you also have to defeat them in battles once they have become commanders of other houses. Usually they get picked up between 3-10 turns by other houses that are still standing and can recruit them (that excludes the Demon Army, and I suspect Masamune as well - there might be others too that are excluded). But that is certainly not guaranteed, so a bit of save-scamming will be helpful.

The best strategy for that is to save your game at the end of the turn, and pay attention to the messages for all the other houses when they have their turns. If you are lucky you will see something like 'Akashi recruiting Baba Shouen' (don't remember the exact wording). Then you can fight that particular commander in a battle (although you could be unlucky and not see the commander in the first few battles with said house), and capture them.

I think on a 1-star play through that could mean for example a 3000-men strong unit for Baba Shouen, certainly not a picnic. So you really want them to go to weak houses like Akashi, Ashikaga or Texas. That way you can more easily blast away at those commanders. Definitely not houses like Mouri or Shimazu (if you are on a non-Demon Army route). Again, if you see say Baba Shouen joining say Mouri save the game, and retry to see if you can get him to an easier house to deal with.

You have captured all 3 (you get Sanada Tourin for free). Then you need to have all 4 commanders on your roster and then deploy them in the same battle. You should get a cut scene in camp. I think the conversation is along the lines of 'for old time's sake, but I could be wrong since it has been years since I unlocked the bonus.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
You not only have to beat the blitz and then assassinate Shingen (only possible in NG+), you also have to defeat them in battles once they have become commanders of other houses.
yeah i know. finally got it today. took untill turn 111 for baba to come into battle, he was recruited on turn 70 or something then after i beat him once but didn't get the capture as my mercy strike character was oneshotted i was like "ill just get him next turn"....40 damned turns where he was like "nah i aint fighting" rng hates me i swear

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
took untill turn 111 for baba to come into battle, he was recruited on turn 70 or something then after i beat him once but didn't get the capture as my mercy strike character was oneshotted i
What you could have done is to lose some territories and do multiple fights in one turn. That dramatically improves chances of the desired characters showing up. You can use the scouting skill to your advantage.

Works best when they have joined a weak house, since the likes of Akashi can be dealt with by two or three decent units. And since they only have like 10 commanders, they'll be quickly forced to put in the desired commander(s).

Jack0

May 14, 2018
Many thanks Demon King Rance for the v1.07 update. Works wonderfully well. :)

Previously I was using the Lossless Scaling app from Steam to upscale and not have the blur.
But now you won't need it, as Windowed with LS app and Native Fullscreen are almost identical now.

zombie128

Jun 20, 2019
In what order i should start play these games? From Rance 1 to Sengoku i.e like in download order on 1st page, or some some of these games is prequels and i should play from one of these prequels?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Can I use my old save (fan translation) to the new Version (official version) from Sengoku Rance (I haven´t played all free and it takes a lot of time and my english wasn´t so good or it was not well explained in the walkthrough so I make many mistakes)?

I liked it a lot and my goal is to play all free by myself (I don´t know when I play it the last time).

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes