AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
i love sengoku rance but holy hell is it hard, like am i just invading the wrong guys or something because suddenly the enemies have 8 times the units
I take it you're not using a guide/walkthrough? That's hardcore. The game has weird mechanics on how many enemies you'll face if you invade this or that territory. Enemy troop numbers also scale based on your own troops' number.

You should look at the 5 star no bonus ironman guides out there. They point out these mechanics in great detail.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
I take it you're not using a guide/walkthrough? That's hardcore. The game has weird mechanics on how many enemies you'll face if you invade this or that territory. Enemy troop numbers also scale based on your own troops' number.

You should look at the 5 star no bonus ironman guides out there. They point out these mechanics in great detail.
Untitled.png

Yeah ill check it out later, but for now i started new run as i ignored that other sword guy and he died in the forced 1v1 fight, it feels like im doing way better no demons till turn 57 ish, apparantly you should avoid invading texas if you dont want demons to spawn early. i probably attacked the cav guys too soon as it took me ages to get rid of them, only managed to capture one cav unit :(. any idea how you get the coughing girl to spawn, im pretty sure i went further than last playthrough but havent seen her at all.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Yeah ill check it out later, but for now i started new run as i ignored that other sword guy and he died in the forced 1v1 fight, it feels like im doing way better no demons till turn 57 ish, apparantly you should avoid invading texas if you dont want demons to spawn early. i probably attacked the cav guys too soon as it took me ages to get rid of them, only managed to capture one cav unit :(. any idea how you get the coughing girl to spawn, im pretty sure i went further than last playthrough but havent seen her at all.
Takeda is best avoided until there is just a few houses left. Since I can't see what commanders you have left, it is hard to say, what the best strategy is. As for the coughing girl (Okita Nozomi), she is really not that great in regular battles. She shines in dungeon battles. So if you can't get her, it is not a disaster.

Texas has nothing to do with the Demon Army. It is the houses with gourds (Takeda, Houjou, Uesugi, Akashi, Mouri, Ashikaga, Inukai and his ninjas) that are the issue. Others can be safely conquered without any adverse consequences on the demon army spawning.

From the looks of it, you could really do with a few more commanders. The problem is that Mouri may fall pretty soon, and it is a pain in the arse to get all the Mouri commanders from here, to say the least. That leaves you with Houjou, Masamune and the Takuga commanders to potentially get. Takuga commanders are not that great, so if you miss out on those, it is not a disaster. If you can get them, definitely get the Masamune commanders. They will be difficult to acquire though. Less important are the Houjou commanders (though they might have a few useful ones). But basically: Try to conquer those big nations as soon as possible. The more commanders you can get, the easier it will become.

You could also try to blitz to get the Takuga commanders (you get them upon conquering all their territories).

So my best advice here is to go on a conquering spree as quickly as you can, just to get more commanders, and reduce the demon army territory as a consequence (they will be taking over other clans). Also, if you can get the 4th action fan (160 H-Points required) do that. It makes a bit of a difference. If you have all the reinforcements from Leazas, Zeth, Kenshin Uesugi, and the Masamune commanders, you should be able to grind the Demon Army down from here. But it will be a long slugfest.

Good luck!

Reactions: ryouG

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
View attachment 425172

any idea how you get the coughing girl to spawn, im pretty sure i went further than last playthrough but havent seen her at all.
Like kilatin above says, Nozomi OKita (coughing girl) ain't that great in army battles but okay in dungeons coz she has high level. But if u still wanna get her...
1. U need to have conquered Kyo and ain't yet conquered them Hannies.
2. Couple turns later some end of turn event: "A group of hannies is heading to Kyo." They gonna pass through Owari. Choose "Ignore." DON'T fight them.
3. Then next turn or so in Kyo: "[???] Investigate Shinsengumi"
4. Next event in Kyo: "[???] Eating at a Famous Kyo Restaurant"
5. Then finally still in Kyo: "[???] Nozomi Okita: Enlist"

Last edited:

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Like kilatin above says, Nozomi OKita (coughing girl) ain't that great in army battles but okay in dungeons coz she has high level. But if u still wanna get her...
1. U need to have conquered Kyo and ain't yet conquered them Hannies.
2. Couple turns later some end of turn event: "A group of hannies is heading to Kyo." They gonna pass through Owari. Choose "Ignore." DON'T fight them.
3. Then next turn or so in Kyo: "[???] Investigate Shinsengumi"
4. Next event in Kyo: "[???] Eating at a Famous Kyo Restaurant"
5. Then finally still in Kyo: "[???] Nozomi Okita: Enlist"
ok thanks ill do that next playthrough then, i kinda missed her in the dungeons tbh

hugzmo

Sep 15, 2017
Noticed that scene variants from R7/Sengoku Rance are still locked after using the 'Unlocked CG' file provided

patrikli

Oct 15, 2018

Any walkthrought to share?

lambchop

Jun 26, 2017
anyone know how to get the hook codes for the Mangagamer release of Sengoku Rance so that I can hook in a text to speech reader?
it seems to be a major pain in the ass. I've tried textractor etc. I even messed around with cheatengine, but I don't know assembly, so I barely managed to find this: /HSN30:-20@2E4F7:Sys43VM.DLL
but it's still a jumbled mess of repeated sentences, half sentence, character artifacts etc that only works half the time and doesn't split the character names from the dialog.
I have no idea what I'm doing btw. I don't know assembly or really know about hook codes. I just know that standard searches don't work because the addresses constantly change.

Vincent654

Jul 1, 2018
Hi, Im kinda struggle in Sengoku Rance, btw Should I need to complete 1 to 7 series then I started Sengoku rance or it doesnt effect any in Sengoku Rance?

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
Yeah It's a pretty difficult game and there is no need to play the earlier games. I do recommend playing them though since they are pretty fun and add some backstory. Keep in mind that they are reaaaally outdated...

Reactions: Vincent654

Vincent654

Jul 1, 2018
Hi guys any easy to explain how to save ran omyoji girl? Walk through giving me headache. Wish to have a neat easy within around 50 words..

Vincent654

Jul 1, 2018
Yeah It's a pretty difficult game and there is no need to play the earlier games. I do recommend playing them though since they are pretty fun and add some backstory. Keep in mind that they are reaaaally outdated...
Outdated... which mean there is new coming I didnt noticed?

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Hi guys any easy to explain how to save ran omyoji girl? Walk through giving me headache. Wish to have a neat easy within around 50 words..
The easiest way: Enter her route or play the Kill the monkey route. Not possible on first playthrough.

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
Hi, Im kinda struggle in Sengoku Rance, btw Should I need to complete 1 to 7 series then I started Sengoku rance or it doesnt effect any in Sengoku Rance?
I'd advise you to at least play Rance VI as it's the game where the series plot start to actually reach critical mass. Rance 5D is garbage tough.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes