GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I disagree with this bit. It may be the quickest game if you did not get many points in the First Game. Because Ran Route is really easy pickings. But if you picked up quite a few, then I would probably go Kenshin or Isoroku route, just to get them out of the way. Ran route and Kill the Monkey route are best suited for farming points.

The difficulty to a large extent determines how many points you end up with (basic = 60 points to start with, 1 star = 120, 2 star is 150, and 3 star = 200). Since Ran's route is fairly easy, you could easily up the difficulty on that one.

So the First game is always going to be the hardest, unless you are a masochist and play on 5 star difficulty without picking any of the bonuses. The key is to pick up the bonuses you can get, particularly the Mouri bonus. All 4 of those are extremely useful.

Think I went Basic Game, Isoroku, Kenshin and then Ran in that order, increasing difficulty by 1 star each time), on the fan translated version, and if they have not changed the mechanics, that is probably the easiest way to unlock everything. That Ran route netted me 295 points, and with the 20 bonus points for finishing each route I have 315 - exactly enough to pick all bonuses for a fifth playthrough.

The hardest bit may be capturing the girls from Masamune (which can be done in the first playthrough) and the Takeda generals (second playthrough onwards). You really don't want to have to do that on a high difficulty, due to insane troop sizes.
See, the problem with doing Isoroku Route second is you have less of a chance to unlock things, because Isoroku's route is full of start of turn events that are beyond annoying, as well as bunches of events that you have to do to avoid a game over, and not just finding lemons for Miki/finding Miki herself, but also "Oh hey, this kid isn't mine" type of deal. Isoroku's route is really easy though, which makes it perfect for a 2-Star difficulty, especially if you have the Mouri House clear bonus so the Demon Army can never attack you as long as you don't conquer the last two Mouri house provinces.

Ran Route is just plain better for the 2nd playthrough as it gives time for you to unlock stuff, the big ones being the Dokuganryu and Takeda houses (though focusing on Mouri over Takeda saves you from headaches later).

For Kenshin's route though, Kenshin is perfect for the 3 star difficulty, because her route involves the least amount of conquering necessary, rather all you need to do is conquer the Uesugi house and start her route, and from there it's just making sure she's strong enough to win solo battles and after she wins the Emperor race you just auto-vassal every single house until you get to the final dungeon/battle lol.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
See, the problem with doing Isoroku Route second is you have less of a chance to unlock things, because Isoroku's route is full of start of turn events that are beyond annoying, as well as bunches of events that you have to do to avoid a game over, and not just finding lemons for Miki/finding Miki herself, but also "Oh hey, this kid isn't mine" type of deal. Isoroku's route is really easy though, which makes it perfect for a 2-Star difficulty, especially if you have the Mouri House clear bonus so the Demon Army can never attack you as long as you don't conquer the last two Mouri house provinces.
Isoroku's route is easy, and though the events are annoying, a properly played first game means that the only objective you have is unlocking the Takeda bonus, and maybe the Masamune bonus (which can be extremely annoying on the first playthrough) and obviously the other bonus objectives to increase the points tally.

ETA: You can ease things up by clearing most of what you might need to do, before entering Isoroku's route. I checked: I entered her route on turn 46, and had already conquered Masamune's house on Turn 40. The only thing I had to worry about was getting the Takeda Generals, two of whom ended up with Akashi House.

For Kenshin's route though, Kenshin is perfect for the 3 star difficulty, because her route involves the least amount of conquering necessary, rather all you need to do is conquer the Uesugi house and start her route, and from there it's just making sure she's strong enough to win solo battles and after she wins the Emperor race you just auto-vassal every single house until you get to the final dungeon/battle lol.
Since you can't defeat Orochi for ten bonus points on Kenshin's route, that one is immediately disqualified for maximising points. Ran's route means that the Demon Army does not show up, and those are by far the most annoying to deal with. Sure, the Shimazus can be a bit annoying as well, but nothing that a bit of planning cannot overcome (keep the conflicts to a minimum, to avoid end of turn battles as much as possible).

ETA: Additional info on clearing Isoroku route.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Back when i last played this (some years ago) there where actual cheats around to get more moves by turns etc. Anyone know if for this version anything is still around to use?

burningvigor

Jan 1, 2018
This mangagamer version translation feels kind of stiff. I felt the old fantranslation flowed better and was less odd in how characters spoke.

Anyone else feel this way?

Mar 19, 2018
Back when i last played this (some years ago) there where actual cheats around to get more moves by turns etc. Anyone know if for this version anything is still around to use?
If you don't mind cheating there is a cheat table for cheat engine for this game. Just google sengoku rance cheat table and look for the fearless revolution link.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
If you don't mind cheating there is a cheat table for cheat engine for this game. Just google sengoku rance cheat table and look for the fearless revolution link.
Thanks alot. I already know the story complete but i didnt have either the game nor a save for every scene. And i dont want to grind through the game a few times to unlock them all again ^^

anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
Thanks alot. I already know the story complete but i didnt have either the game nor a save for every scene. And i dont want to grind through the game a few times to unlock them all again ^^
You can just download a save with everything unlocked. It would be quicker than using cheat table. Saves on the old fan translation work with his new one.

Throwaway77

May 2, 2018
I've been playing the newest Rance version in the OP, but there seems to be an annoying Bug that hangs up/crashes the game in 1.04 when you drag items or commanders to the left side of the screen and still a bunch of typos, both of these things were apparently fixed in the 1.05 Patch:
1.05 is a patch for the MangaGamer release of Sengoku Rance.
This patch fixes a number of issues including:
  • Mouse stuck freeze after dragging commanders or items to the left side of the screen
  • Error message when getting Game Over
  • Minor graphical glitch at the end of a battle (fade out effect missing for battle bar)
  • Several typos
Does anyone have a link or can the game in OP be replaced with the latest version?

Reactions: xxkralozixx

r136a1

Sep 29, 2019
Rance VI and Sengoku Rance are awesome games, with great gameplay, stories and a quirky main character, the lovable asshole Rance.

But it's also sad, incredibly dark at times and has gore that can put jack-o-nine-tails to shame.

Reactions: ryouG

r136a1

Sep 29, 2019
Some guy taking on both the Takeda and the Demon Army blitzes on 5 star difficulty with no cheats, no bonuses. Note that he wasn't even using Kenshin in the Takeda Blitz.

• Love
Reactions: AinzTilly

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
Some guy taking on both the Takeda and the Demon Army blitzes on 5 star difficulty with no cheats, no bonuses. Note that he wasn't even using Kenshin in the Takeda Blitz.

That guy's a pro. He uses 1-person generic commanders to screw up 5 star overpowered enemies.

Reactions: r136a1

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
v1.05 patch for Sengoku Rance is attached below.

This patch fixes a number of issues including:
  • Mouse stuck freeze after dragging commanders or items to the left side of the screen
  • Error message when getting Game Over
  • Minor graphical glitch at the end of a battle (fade out effect missing for battle bar)
  • Several typos

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes