AlexDreamer

Jun 13, 2018
There's no new games, right? I played Sengoku Rance like 10 years ago and it was pretty good despite being grindfest, should I try older ones now?
8, 9 and 10 only have interface translation but Rance X IMO on the best in series (after segoku and Kichikuou)

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Inserting here a cheat table with scripts for Sengoku Rance Mangagamer edition, to whoever miss the ssg cheats rsrsrs

Well, credits to cake-san from FearlessCT page.

EDIT: added his v2 swapping how InfAP worked(so can keep using skills that cost 6) and added Infinite Motivation(can keep re-using same general for battles and stuff, keep in mind that may lag the game a little bit). View attachment Sengoku Rance(Mangagamer) Cheat Table by cake-san v2.zip

Last edited:

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
Rance quest has been fully translated and edited by mangagamer but it will still be a while until its actual release, as for the older games I enjoyed them a lot and there is not much of a grind iirc. Just remember they are veeery old.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Rance 01 is gonna be bundled with Quest Magnum iirc, and hopefully we get Rance 03; that's the first game in the series to have full voice acting.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Rance 01 is gonna be bundled with Quest Magnum iirc, and hopefully we get Rance 03; that's the first game in the series to have full voice acting.
Actually mangagamer blog and releases date stated that Rance 1 Re-Make will be bundled with Rance 2 Re-make and not Magnum.. irc. Well, chances that Magnum came out with 9 are like... 40% or so, or will be just like Sengoku and be released solo ti'll january, since RanceIX is actually entirelly translated alreadyfor a while.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Actually mangagamer blog and releases date stated that Rance 1 Re-Make will be bundled with Rance 2 Re-make and not Magnum.. irc. Well, chances that Magnum came out with 9 are like... 40% or so, or will be just like Sengoku and be released solo ti'll january, since RanceIX is actually entirelly translated alreadyfor a while.
Quest Magnum is probably gonna come out by itself to be honest. Quest Magnum is huge. It was already big with Quest and the amount of re-grinding you had to do because the gimmick was that every girl Rance H'd in Quest had their level reverted to 1, but Magnum expanded on it and made it even bigger. Rance IX's gonna be no slouch either because of the multiple routes and tactical battles.

Ryu82

Apr 1, 2018
@NaoSoul

I still had some save data from 2012. They also work for the new MangaGamer version. I just tested it.
You can use it to start a new game with 166 points, which is enough to give you a good start. Just replace your SaveData folder with it.

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
@NaoSoul

I still had some save data from 2012. They also work for the new MangaGamer version. I just tested it.
You can use it to start a new game with 166 points, which is enough to give you a good start. Just replace your SaveData folder with it.

ty

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
There is any translation for the remakes? Rance 01, 02 and 03

Mangagamer picked up earlier a while ago before releasing Rance 7(Sengoku). The Re-makes i think only Rance 1 and 2 were actually released, don't remember if 3 had one, but i'm sure 4 never had a re-make anyway... well i think i played a Leazas edition or something like this but don't remember if it was jpn or not... Rance 1 & 2 will be bundled together... probably in 2021~2022. Rance Quest Magnum had a fan-translation from the same guy who had released for earlier versions, however Alicesoft made an partnership with mangagamer and most rance translation projects were abandoned(including Rance Quest Magnum). However the fan-translator announced in her/his forum that he/she would work alongside Mangagamer to bring Rance Quest Magnum with better quality, but he/she restarted the translation alongside their team instead... Well, it's already done even if they re-did it from 0... last time i checked it was still going into beta testing and image editing...

Feel free to check on their updates and newer releases through their official blog release page...

Every month or another they go and edit stuff there to inform how far they work is actually...

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
while it's tempting to go get a save to start NG+ with automatically I'm gonna finish my run and do it the hard/long way. It just feels satisfying in Rance games to earn that shit yourself, especially after suffering 1-2 routes to do it. First playthrough of True Route is always a low point depression where they rob a lot of stuff from you like the ability to conquer everyone and the Demon Army just being a general pain in the ass; then in Isoroku route they aren't nearly as bad, then Ran Route is like a semi-sandbox route and you can literally conquer and unlock everything you want, then Kenshin's route is just a really, really fun unique route.

I definitely recommend 1-star difficulty Ran Route for second playthroughs though, regardless of how many points you got in your first playthrough; Ran Route is pretty freaking basic and other than the Shimazu brothers being obnoxious assholes who try to steal girls from your army that aren't in love with (or trust) Rance, it's a great relaxation time that helps you get a lot of points. Otherwise you could always just do a 1 star Isoroku route; Isoroku's route is literally just an easier True Route. You don't even have to chase down events to get to the final boss, he just gets bored of waiting for you and attacks you personally.

Zexbid

Aug 4, 2017
Is anyone else having the issue with Sengoku Rance where it locks up and stops responding upon opening, like it's struggling to go into Full Screen?
Would really love to play the game, but can't do so if it won't start up.

anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
Is anyone else having the issue with Sengoku Rance where it locks up and stops responding upon opening, like it's struggling to go into Full Screen?
Would really love to play the game, but can't do so if it won't start up.
I had the same problem, you can fix this by going into settings/startup options/Disable the "Perform noise prevention" option. In order to open the game in the first place to change this option you have to just try and open the game about 10-15 times. It eventually lets you open the game. You can speed this process up by opening task manager and just killing system40 if it doesnt immediatly load on launch.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
I definitely recommend 1-star difficulty Ran Route for second playthroughs though, regardless of how many points you got in your first playthrough.
I disagree with this bit. It may be the quickest game if you did not get many points in the First Game. Because Ran Route is really easy pickings. But if you picked up quite a few, then I would probably go Kenshin or Isoroku route, just to get them out of the way. Ran route and Kill the Monkey route are best suited for farming points.

The difficulty to a large extent determines how many points you end up with (basic = 60 points to start with, 1 star = 120, 2 star is 150, and 3 star = 200). Since Ran's route is fairly easy, you could easily up the difficulty on that one.

So the First game is always going to be the hardest, unless you are a masochist and play on 5 star difficulty without picking any of the bonuses. The key is to pick up the bonuses you can get, particularly the Mouri bonus. All 4 of those are extremely useful.

Think I went Basic Game, Isoroku, Kenshin and then Ran in that order, increasing difficulty by 1 star each time), on the fan translated version, and if they have not changed the mechanics, that is probably the easiest way to unlock everything. That Ran route netted me 295 points, and with the 20 bonus points for finishing each route I have 315 - exactly enough to pick all bonuses for a fifth playthrough.

The hardest bit may be capturing the girls from Masamune (which can be done in the first playthrough) and the Takeda generals (second playthrough onwards). You really don't want to have to do that on a high difficulty, due to insane troop sizes.

Zexbid

Aug 4, 2017
I had the same problem, you can fix this by going into settings/startup options/Disable the "Perform noise prevention" option. In order to open the game in the first place to change this option you have to just try and open the game about 10-15 times. It eventually lets you open the game. You can speed this process up by opening task manager and just killing system40 if it doesnt immediatly load on launch.
Thanks. That helped. Annoying it had to be done to begin with.
Anyway, looking forward to playing this again for the umpteenth time, but uncensored and properly translated!

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes