MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
seeing everyone's praise, i am very eager to try Sengoku Rance. But i really really dislike RPGM battle scenes. Any way to avoid them ? or get it cleared easily? like a cheat mode?

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I forgot how rough taking on the Tokugawa was without Urza + Natori. Hopefully now I can take them out though, but gonna be cutting it close getting Uesugi AND Hojo before Demon Army shows up (still on turn 27 before the Honnoji Incident). I still haven't gotten the third fan yet which sucks but that's because I rushed territories instead of rushing sex scenes (which is the accurate way to do it) so that's on me lol.

EDIT: Though tbh the Hojo house is such a massive pain in the ass to clear the "right way", I'll probably just save it for the second playthrough (the "right way" btw involves kidnapping Ran after a series of events happens every turn after you declare war on them, THEN waiting until Souun disappears THEN recruiting Ran and conquering the territory THEN doing a dungeon to rescue Souun).

Last edited:

Jtac

Aug 27, 2017
does anybody know if my save from the fan translated version will work with the official release or will I have to unlock everything again?

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
does anybody know if my save from the fan translated version will work with the official release or will I have to unlock everything again?
I'm gonna guess not because they use what seems to be an almost entirely different patch, but won't hurt to try.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
New Playthroughs are literally meant to be hair pulling regardless of whatever set challenges you put on yourself, so I don't blame you. They truly rig the game against you in a lot of ways, like making it so that you can only get the Houjou or Uesugi faction members unless you take them both on at the same time because the Takeda faction is a dick like that, or how if you aren't fast enough (which is understandable, Mouri will absorb a couple territories you might have wanted.

Personally on any playthrough (and this isn't directed to you but general advice for everyone)
I would go for the order of Hara > Ashikaga > Tanegashima > Miko > and depending on whether or not you're on your first playthrough it diverges.

On your first playthrough I'd start focusing on waiting out until the Tenshiism sect wage war on you and then defeat them, then go for Tokugawa (hopefully you'll have the fighting power to take them because Ieyasu is a dirty fucking cheater with his stats) and Imagawa, then take on Uesugi and Hojou at the same time (but defeat Uesugi first because they take longer).

Really though, the first playthrough is just meant to be fucked up as much as possible; they stack too many factors against you to rush you towards the end and without all the benefits of more actions per turn early on you can get screwed over pretty easily.
I am not an expert in regards to Rance but I think I might have a good few hundred hours in this game with multiple ends and maxed out NG+ points (Never know if it was anything of worth).
I feel like the first playthrough was NOT that difficult, there were hard matchups, with some scummy tactics, but due to the turn limits I don’t think you are meant to have both the Houjou and Uesugi family and there is absolutely no real point in getting both of the families in the first playthrough. And there are some character stories you can't complete no matter what on the Houjou side (On the first playthrough). If you get Uesugi to join you, you will have a really strong all around army. Though the miko insitute should always be taken before Uesugi.

Some recommendation tho, you might need to read through some guides to check what the level up conditions are for your favorite characters (For a number of them, you need to meet certain conditions). You also need to check out the characters who have a chance to join your army after being defeated (As in capturing enemy commanders, there are some that need to be captured after a battle, and some might again require specific conditions to be met).
The first playthrough should be just to finish the game. If you can complete character storylines during it, great, but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to complete em.
Whenever you can have Rance request for reinforcements through a level up, you should do it. Some really good commanders can join your team that way. Getting action fans is also a prio (I think you can get a number of them within the first 13 or so turns if you follow a guide).

Reactions: GamingSavant

Alris

Oct 1, 2017
Segoku Rance official release is out? Time to buy the official english copy because the game deserves it.

applepie123

Aug 3, 2017
I cannot get over the fact that the sex music of Rance games is East Germany's national anthem. Tooooooooooooooh

Kabir123

Sep 22, 2017
seeing everyone's praise, i am very eager to try Sengoku Rance. But i really really dislike RPGM battle scenes. Any way to avoid them ? or get it cleared easily? like a cheat mode?
Grinding is one of the best part of Rance series. It's tedious but worthwhile trust me. But if u hate it that much there is a cheat engine table and can change almost all variables.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Probably the only pure sex focused game series I've seen you can play for a plot, characters and gameplay. Sengoku is like AAA title gameplaywise and Rance is hands down the best h-protag you can find. Hope for more games of this series.

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
Unlocker for Sengoku seems to be adapted from the Japanese/fan-translated version. The Mangagamer release lets you view alternative scenes and those are not unlocked with the unlocker that's in the OP.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I am not an expert in regards to Rance but I think I might have a good few hundred hours in this game with multiple ends and maxed out NG+ points (Never know if it was anything of worth).
I feel like the first playthrough was NOT that difficult, there were hard matchups, with some scummy tactics, but due to the turn limits I don’t think you are meant to have both the Houjou and Uesugi family and there is absolutely no real point in getting both of the families in the first playthrough. And there are some character stories you can't complete no matter what on the Houjou side (On the first playthrough). If you get Uesugi to join you, you will have a really strong all around army. Though the miko insitute should always be taken before Uesugi.

Some recommendation tho, you might need to read through some guides to check what the level up conditions are for your favorite characters (For a number of them, you need to meet certain conditions). You also need to check out the characters who have a chance to join your army after being defeated (As in capturing enemy commanders, there are some that need to be captured after a battle, and some might again require specific conditions to be met).
The first playthrough should be just to finish the game. If you can complete character storylines during it, great, but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to complete em.
Whenever you can have Rance request for reinforcements through a level up, you should do it. Some really good commanders can join your team that way. Getting action fans is also a prio (I think you can get a number of them within the first 13 or so turns if you follow a guide).
I agree wholeheartedly that the first playthrough should be taken more leisurely. It's not difficult per se unless you don't know all the mechanics, but you're right in that you are most likely not gonna get both the Uesugis and Houjos, or possibly even the Mouris (who I consider the hardest to get after Takeda).

I also agree with getting reinforcements, at least for your Satisfaction bonuses you should request help from Zeth twice, because you get Rizna, who makes taking on Imagawa a breeze on defense turns because Rizna is 100% immune to magic damage (so you can literally deploy her by herself) and Urza, who is possibly one of the most broken characters in the entire game. Urza + Kenshin + Natori will basically be a near guarantee clear for any castle (conquering a province) battle, as you deny your enemy actions and just flat out massacre them.

Are the games any better than the anime? Because the anime kinda sucked tbh...
the OVA was a watered down version of Rance 01, which was a remake of Quest for Hikari, aka the first game in the series. It skipped a lot of story elements and kinda just went bare bones focusing (mostly) on the main plot from the game. Keep in mind the original Rance game came out 30 years ago

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
There's no new games, right? I played Sengoku Rance like 10 years ago and it was pretty good despite being grindfest, should I try older ones now?

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes